Zach Allen Poll

Should we have paid $15.25m a year to retain Zach Allen?

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see what people think about the Zach Allen deal.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's assume he would stay somewhere he knows and is comfortable for the same money.
But he doesn’t know the scheme staff and everything is completely different. The only thing he knows is his home he very much could’ve just wanted to continue playing for Vance.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not hindsight because I am not Keim and would have paid him before his contract ran out
Oh, it’s hindsight, you don’t know what you would’ve done, especially considering with his injury history before last season… But it’s easy to say now 100%

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why do you keep using 45 mill as the contract value? The guaranteed money is $32. If he makes it to the 45, that means he way over-played his contract and EARNED his incentives. Do you think Chris Lindstrom, OG, that signed a 5 year 105/mill dollar contract is going to see anywhere near that? 63 mill of that is guaranteed. That's what he'll see.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Oh, it’s hindsight, you don’t know what you would’ve done, especially considering with his injury history before last season… But it’s easy to say now 100%
No, no and triple no. Keim could have done this even during last season, and it would not have been as much to get done as probably now but Keim spent money in other areas instead of taking care of his own

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep using 45 mill as the contract value? The guaranteed money is $32. If he makes it to the 45, that means he way over-played his contract and EARNED his incentives. Do you think Chris Lindstrom, OG, that signed a 5 year 105/mill dollar contract is going to see anywhere near that? 63 mill of that is guaranteed. That's what he'll see.
Maybe. Maybe not. Do you know what the incentives are? I haven’t seen them? Could be roster bonuses, workout bonuses, or play time incentives. He could just be completely average and possibly hit the 45 million. Are you saying no player ever hits their contract value? Because I doubt that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sharing duty with Brit on the organizational defense brigade?
Not at all already said I would have signed him… wish he would’ve stayed and pooch was screwed. But Jetstream is using hindsight none the less :)

I truly feel though that this was him wanting to follow VJ in addition to the $$….

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at all already said I would have signed him… wish he would’ve stayed and pooch was screwed. But Jetstream is using hindsight none the less :)

I truly feel though that this was him wanting to follow VJ in addition to the $$….
Yep. I wanted him signed too. Following VJ makes his life much easier than it would be trying to fit in with a brand new coaching scheme. A 3 year deal is great for him too, if he blows up and can get another payday quickly.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Worth it to Denver. Not necessarily worth it to a rebuilding Cardinals team with a new defense and coaching staff.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe not. Do you know what the incentives are? I haven’t seen them? Could be roster bonuses, workout bonuses, or play time incentives. He could just be completely average and possibly hit the 45 million. Are you saying no player ever hits their contract value? Because I doubt that.
No, I'm saying that actual contract value is 32 mill. His cap hit isn't going to be 15 mill/year. If he's completely average, he'll be let go prior to the end of the contract. If he out performs, and yes that has happened, he'll either hit his value or they will re-structure, renegotiate prior to his contract coming to an end.

I haven't seen how the contract is structured. I'm guessing it's cap friendly. Could be a big signing bonus, which is usually the case, and a small yearly salary. My point is, 45mill is false value and he never sees anywhere close to that in the 3 year window.

That's why Lamar wants a fully guaranteed contract. The splashy full number values don't matter. Kyler isn't seeing 247 mill or whatever he "signed" for. He's going to see much closer to his guaranteed number.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We will find out next year...just like Kirk.

If he stays around 5-6 sacks, then I don't care.

If he takes the next step to around 10. Huge mistake.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What incentives? I'm not sure how you think this works.

He will get paid $15.25m a year no matter what. The only way he doesn't earn the whole $45.75m is if he is cut after 2 years.

But either way he's getting $15.25 a year.

The G money is just a safety net if he sucks, or breaks is neck or something bad.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Well one thing for sure, it will be interesting to see how well Allen performs this coming season in Denver It doesn't appear that Denver has anyone on Dline equal to JJ Watt to take some of the attention away from Allen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way I see it is he is worth that contract on most teams.

I am not sure he is worth it in the Cards current situation. Nevertheless I voted he is worth it on the poll.

But I am not sure he was even interested in coming back here - which if accurate makes the question irrelevant.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way I see it is he is worth that contract on most teams.

I am not sure he is worth it in the Cards current situation. Nevertheless I voted he is worth it on the poll.

Posts with nuance are banned.

:banned:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson