Your Week 1 RB 1 on the Cards will be........

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I think Beanie can be a decent running back if he is held accountable and the coaches help instill a good work ethic in him.

He's a fourth year pro. If Beanie doesn't have a good work ethic at this point, he should hook up with JaMarcus Russell for a Call of Duty marathon.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ryan "The Infirmary" Williams will be written in as the starter, but William Powell will be the RB next season.

Have we learned nothing from Beanie Wells.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ryan "The Infirmary" Williams will be written in as the starter, but William Powell will be the RB next season.

Have we learned nothing from Beanie Wells.

Powell is way too small.

Arians likes great big guys like Barry Word 6'2" 240 and Christian Okoye 6'1" 250. Who were his guys when he was RB coach in KC.

Is Brandon Jacobs a free agent?

:D

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
FEED THE BEAN! Beanie is by far the most talented- He has not had reconstructive knee surgery to my knowledge- Remember Hearst and Thomas Jones went through these same rookie contract injuries with the Cardinals for whatever reason. Then exploded with high quality careers

Keep the faith - stay the course- Smush the opponent to smitherenes! The best of Beanie Wells is yet to come!
Beanie does not respond well to being kicked in the nuts by a coaching staff- I like that about him!

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
FEED THE BEAN! Beanie is by far the most talented- He has not had reconstructive knee surgery to my knowledge-

As much as some fans like to bag on Beanie, at 6'2" and 230 he seems to be more of the Arians type RB than Powell. Yeah I know about Mendenhall but I just have a feeling that our new HC likes big RBs and Beanie fits the bill. Arians doesn't seem to throw to the RBs so that eliminates one of Wells biggest drawbacks, can't catch a cold.

Oh wait. I already jinxed this guy once. Forget I ever wrote any of this. :eek:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Stewart Bradley, he just needs a chance and he looked good in the pre-season :D.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stewart Bradley, he just needs a chance and he looked good in the pre-season :D.

I heard he was our best player in preseason. I don't know if he can play running back but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Steve

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The kid out of Michigan State. I forget his name, but he is big and rushed well over 1000 yards for 3 season. He is a beast.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
disagree

EDge was one of the best pass catching RB's in history before Whiz took over- then NADA - He was onthe EDGE of top 10 all time in carries, rush yards, yards from scrimmage also- WHEN HE WAS BENCHED FOR STUPID THT!
The worst starting RB in the NFL then and for next couple years. The I'm not an offensive lineman comment- was leadership that got him ripped from the line up.

Beanie has dropped like one catchable ball since he's been here? And has lined out at WR and made great catches also- It is all part of the crap written that aint the truth - Like he is a fumbler- it is not true He has lost like 4 in his career yet - He is pulled from the game and the next and destroyed in the AZ press - the last straw-

Did you see the follow up story on his auditioning for 31 other teams beating? He was repeating what the coaches told the team to motivate them to play the final games.

He is a case study on how not to develop a young NFL Player- WE DON"T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT - YOU NEED TO BLOCK- blocking for the pass game is your primary focus. Look at the 5th round pick THT - crappy featured RB- but one hell of a pass blocker- AHHGGG

Sorry but if you look in the play by play you'll see streaks of passing that really skew the running numbers - on the 320 runs a year they were not balanced - they would not patient or balanced anytime except the playoff wins. they show a short burst of running and then empty backfields abandoned to the passing game- and runs at he end of the game- Bunches of 3 and outs and one 3 play 8 second drive? lots under 1 minute and more under 2 minutes.

Beanie asked for 7 carries early to get established -wHEn Healthy- He got 7 carries a game- and ridiculed. The SB and playoff loss we had 10 carries total- and their gripeing about the Raiders gameplan in the 06 SB right now? We had a 3 score lead in GB from running the ball prior to the pass festival between Warner iand Rodgers in 09- look at the play by play cause you won't see it reported!

As much as some fans like to bag on Beanie, at 6'2" and 230 he seems to be more of the Arians type RB than Powell. Yeah I know about Mendenhall but I just have a feeling that our new HC likes big RBs and Beanie fits the bill. Arians doesn't seem to throw to the RBs so that eliminates one of Wells biggest drawbacks, can't catch a cold.

Oh wait. I already jinxed this guy once. Forget I ever wrote any of this. :eek:

Last edited: