Your Week 1 RB 1 on the Cards will be........

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our 4th round draft pick, Stefphon Jefferson.

Steve

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Beanie, WiPo, LSH, or Ryan Williams. I have no patience for wasting a draft pick or spending what money we have on a damn RB when we have 4 on our roster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beanie, WiPo, LSH, or Ryan Williams. I have no patience for wasting a draft pick or spending what money we have on a damn RB when we have 4 on our roster.

We have 4 on our roster IF the league will schedule a few games at Good Samaritan Hospital. Otherwise we have a couple of marginal guys looking for real talent to play behind. We need a quality every down back and as of now, we have no reason to believe he is on our roster.

Steve

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We have 4 on our roster IF the league will schedule a few games at Good Samaritan Hospital. Otherwise we have a couple of marginal guys looking for real talent to play behind. We need a quality every down back and as of now, we have no reason to believe he is on our roster.

Steve

Bigger needs my friend. RB is one of our deeper positions. We have very poor positional depth all over our team. If we go after a RB, or WR I might go a bit nutty.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bigger needs my friend. RB is one of our deeper positions. We have very poor positional depth all over our team. If we go after a RB, or WR I might go a bit nutty.

I think we can get a decent running back in the 4th round which will still allow us to address some of our needs. Seriously, looking at this team the past several years, how can we say any need is greater than running back? If it were up to me, I'd target the running game this draft (at least 2 for the O line and a quality RB) and wait for the QB when a true franchise player comes around. If Williams can come back fully healthy and if he turns in to the back we all hoped he would be when drafted, great, but it seems dangerous to assume it will happen come draft weekend.

Steve

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think we can get a decent running back in the 4th round which will still allow us to address some of our needs. Seriously, looking at this team the past several years, how can we say any need is greater than running back?

I could say it easily. The Beanie / Hightower platoon was awesome in 2008. Hyphen has been a revelation when you look at where we drafted him. WiPo.... Same thing.

If we have 8 picks in the draft we should take 2 to 3 O-Lineman. 2-3 pass rushers. and one to two QB's.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I could say it easily. The Beanie / Hightower platoon was awesome in 2008. Hyphen has been a revelation when you look at where we drafted him. WiPo.... Same thing.

If we have 8 picks in the draft we should take 2 to 3 O-Lineman. 2-3 pass rushers. and one to two QB's.

+1 (though I would take a blocking TE in exchange for an O-Lineman and a D-Lineman in exchange for one of those pass rushers - but the concept is pretty much the same.)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Beanie can be a decent running back if he is held accountable and the coaches help instill a good work ethic in him. I think CKW got lazy and distanced himself from the players. From what I have heard, BA is a true leader and motivator of men, so who knows?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd take two for the O Line in the first three picks and after that, I'd simply take best value. I'm hoping that includes a running back and a pass rusher but I certainly wouldn't reach for either. In the right year, I'd reach for QB but I don't think this is the right year.

Steve

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stepfan Taylor out of Stanford. He'll be a sleeper in the draft who will be a baller in the NFL. MARK IT!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Marcus Lattimore could be a real sleeper and the Cards may go with him.

The junior elected to declare himself eligible for the NFL Draft and said Tuesday he expects to be ready for the start of the 2013 season for whatever team decides to draft him in April.

“Dr. (James) Andrews came in to see me he said, ‘You’re doing remarkable, you’re doing everything you can.’ His words were, ‘You’re going to shock the world,’” Lattimore said.

Link

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The real question is who is the Cardinals starting running back in game 16. Given the history of Ryan Williams and Beanie Wells, it won't be them. :sad:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
You want to upgrade the RB position? Draft Warmack. If you think the running problem is RB over guards you need to think again.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Wells has one more year to prove he's got something worth keeping.

Ryan Williams will get another shot in spots. Maybe more if he's really coming on.

LSH will be a legit 3rd down, situational back.

William Powell will need to beat out a drafted rookie. (Somewhere in the 4-6th Rd, mtl).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want to upgrade the RB position? Draft Warmack. If you think the running problem is RB over guards you need to think again.

I think its guards over running back too but running back is still a problem. We are worlds away from having a line like the Niners but we don't even have a Michael Turner let alone an Adrian Peterson or an Alfred Morris to put behind that line. Draft Warmack if he's there and add another O lineman in the 2nd round and then grab the best running back available in the 4th or 5th. Preferably, grab a back that thinks rehab is for recovering alcoholics.

Steve