Your going to start your own team...what player do you pick to build around?

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good question one of my friends always asks. I after some thought always end up saying Steve Nash. To me he is the unquestionable MVP he flat out makes everyone on the team better. He has a remarkable basketball IQ and is the perfect floor general. Think about it put him on any team and they get better.

King A

Registered
Reaction score
awright, but if you think of an imaginary draft with all NBA players available, i.e. you pick first, my pick would be LeBron with Amare a close second.
Think of age, basketball IQ on LeBron. This guy is a real stud.
No offense to Amare of course

OP
OP
G

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lebron is not a bad choice he was a close second to me. But nash is the perfect point gaurd and if I were buiding a team I would want the floor leader first.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I would take pre-injury Amare, but now you have to take Lebron.

King A

Registered
Reaction score
honorable mentions from my side to
Dwight Howard and
Chris Bosh

Young big men are the forces in the future. You need them to open up the floor.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I would take pre-injury Amare, but now you have to take Lebron.

I'd say that's dead on.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Nash isn't a good pick only because of his age. He probably has 3 years left as a top flight player (at most), you dont want to build around that.

Big men are hardest to come by. So, I'd say Amare, IF I knew he was back to pre injury form. Otherwise, Lebron, not only is he good, but the NBA marketing machine is now aimed @ your team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Amare. Trust me, he's still developing his skills. We haven't seen anything, yet. :)

jibikao

Reaction score
I would pick Amare if he is not so injury prone. Yes he IS quite injury prone. When you are injured, you can't do ****. I am not calling Amare out but look at how many teams that suffered from franchise players being injured constantly? Grant Hill? J. O'Neal? And even the less franchise players like Camby is sooooo injury prone.

My first choice will be HEALTHY player.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
D Wade. He has proven he can lead a team and take over a game but he also can co-exist with another superstar and play well.

OP
OP
G

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sorry should have stated not a future team a team that could win right now! Obviously Lebron will be great in the future, he is already a fantastic player. I mean if you were to assemble a team to win right now!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Sorry should have stated not a future team a team that could win right now! Obviously Lebron will be great in the future, he is already a fantastic player. I mean if you were to assemble a team to win right now!
Tim Duncan, then..... Everyone knows THAT! Duh! :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If it's for right now, it probably has to be Duncan. You need someone who has been through the playoff grind and emerged triumphant.