Yet Another Former Dback Doing Well

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In yet ANOTHER player the Dbacks let walk for whatever the reason, I was watching PTI today and saw scroll at the bottom of the screen, which was going over the Days starters:

Texas: Dustin Nippert- 3-0 3.38 ERA

hmm.... just add him to the LONG LIST of former Dbacks that they could have used, that they gave away for nothing.... Pretty sickening, when you look at just how bad this team is, and all the bad decisions that have been made....

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What were Nippert's numbers with the Dbacks again?

he had really one season, which they used him out of the bullpen.. his ERA was around 5, his BAA was .260, and had a 2.25-1 K-Walk ratio...

not great numbers, but certainly from a 26 year old that should have been a starter, the numbers are not that bad, IMO....

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
he had one really season, which they used him out of the bullpen.. his ERA was around 5, his BAA was .260, and had a 2.25-1 K-Walk ratio...

not great numbers, but certainly numbers from a 26 year old that should have been a starter, not that bad, IMO....
Probably so. Had to give Doug Davis, Livan Hernandez and Petit those innings.

:(

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nobody has brought up Quentin for a while.... I think his .212 average would fit in really well with our current outfield

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Nippert sucks. I don't care what anyone says. He's 28 years old and has had a few good outings this season. Last year with Texas in 20 appearances, 6 starts, the guy had a 6.48 ERA. He showed nothing in the majors when he was with the DBacks. Given his age and multiple opportunities, I can't fault the DBacks for letting this career minor leaguer go.

Last edited:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Nippert sucks. I don't care what anyone says. He's 28 years old and has had a few good outings this season. Last year with Texas in 20 appears, 6 starts, the guy had a 6.48 ERA. He showed nothing in the majors when he was with the DBacks. Given his age and multiple opportunities, I can't fault the DBacks for letting this career minor leaguer go.

:yeahthat:

Nippert's career ERA is worse than Petit's... let's just leave it at that.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
You realize he has a career 6+ ERA? Also, since when do we start judging people on 21 innings of work? Dig a little deeper shall we? He has started 3 games, came out in relief in 4 this season. Of his starts, his longest is 5 2/3 innings, not bad. His other 2 starts he only went 3 2/3 in each. Lets stop with these every time someone does good for a few games. Remember the uproar about Emilio Bonifacio? Yea how's that working out, .248 for the season? Every team has this. It is the nature of the game when there are nearly 200 players in each organization with only 25 spots for them.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Every organization has players that were in their system that have gone elsewhere and done well. It is not specific to this organization. Get over it (especially cause Nippert really isn't that good).

Last edited:
OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Junior Spivey. :)

That guy was awesome..

and I posted a little prematurly CLEARLY, I had just seen the scroll, and had not realized he had pitched soo few innings..

And the Nipperts, Quintons, and Uggla's of the world, the Dbacks had their reasons for letting them go, all I was saying is with the piss poor effort they are showing this year, they could use all the help they can get, including using the past as 20/20 vision...

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nipertts start against the As

5 In, 1 H, 0 runs, 0 BB... ERA lowered to 2.73 and would have won the game had their bullpen not given up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to lose 3-2....

just sayin :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard