Yellowstone

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m gonna just go ahead and say it.

This season sucks.

And it started from scratch in the first episode when there was literally no consequence at all from blowing up Beth and shooting Costner eleventy billion times at close range.

That was terribly lazy schmuckbait to end last season and this season has been a slog through the mud.

the entire Jimmy story? WTF cares?! I mean... there was just an Act Out on Jimmy jerking off a horse.

Me and my wife we’re just talking about how bad this season is. She said she thinks she’s done with it.

2 episodes left and absolutely nothing has been resolved. They should have delt with the shooting and all that in the first three episodes of this season but they haven’t even really addressed it.

Now Costner is running for Governor and you’ve introduced this huge new story line without finishing the old stuff so now your going to cram a bunch of crap in the last two shows and leave a big cliff hanger.

I don’t mind Jimmy but the girls in the bunk house need to go. They bring nothing

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is starting to feel like one of the doom and gloom threads in the Cardinals forum, LOL. Am I lost here?

Still enjoying the show myself. I don't mind the slower pace.

Beth's secret alliance with the activists is pretty cool. Common ground between ranchers and environmentalists.

I think the Jimmy stuff on the 6666 ranch may be laying the ground work for more story lines, or the spin off, but also is just trying to highlight cowboy "work" and culture for the large following that this show has gathered that is into that. The scene with old cowboy Buster Welch when Jimmy got to the ranch is one example. But I agree, they need to get these scenes going somewhere in some kind of direction, Jimmy is just languishing down there like he's on some dude ranch vacation.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I didn’t dislike this season, although, it was clearly the weakest of the 4. My main problem is that there was so much meat on the bone coming off last seasons finale it is confusing why they just quickly brushed it under the rug. It would of been one thing if they moved on to something meatier, but instead they just moved on to not much of anything.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So disappointing after last season just a bunch of stuff I didn’t care about while taking care of nothing I did care about

And enough with Beth and her damn over the top Bond villain speeches. She’s just a flat out cartoon now

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t dislike this season, although, it was clearly the weakest of the 4. My main problem is that there was so much meat on the bone coming off last seasons finale it is confusing why they just quickly brushed it under the rug. It would of been one thing if they moved on to something meatier, but instead they just moved on to not much of anything.
Yeah. That just seemed like a season of filler.

I mean... they set up a Governor’s run as a big John v. Jaime storyline and dumped it just as fast as they brought it up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ah, hell. So THAT'S the reason for the lengthy and boring Jimmy side quest. I mean, I liked Jimmy as a character, and having him as a story line connected to the ranch was fine, but making him an independent character detached from everything just dragging, for no seeming reason. Now we know the reason had nothing to do with the show--they just absolutely burned tons of screen time to set up a new spinoff.

Man, this news and the poor season 4 have me questioning Yellowstone as a series going forward.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, hell. So THAT'S the reason for the lengthy and boring Jimmy side quest. I mean, I liked Jimmy as a character, and having him as a story line connected to the ranch was fine, but making him an independent character detached from everything just dragging, for no seeming reason. Now we know the reason had nothing to do with the show--they just absolutely burned tons of screen time to set up a new spinoff.

Man, this news and the poor season 4 have me questioning Yellowstone as a series going forward.

My thing about setting up the 6666 was it wasn’t even really that interesting.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, my wife and I talked about that at the time. Looks like they are looking for another spinoff. I guess there are only so many original ideas.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah, my wife and I talked about that at the time. Looks like they are looking for another spinoff. I guess there are only so many original ideas.
I don't mind them doing spinoffs. I DO mind wasting tons of space in a season of the main show SOLELY to launch a spinoff. Jimmy could've been written off SO much easier than what they did even to setup another show.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Obviously Yellowstone being renewed is a no brained but there is an interesting tidbit at the end of the article. Apparently Kathryn Kelly, who played Emily, Jimmy’s new love interest, has been promoted to a season regular. With plans for a 6666 series spinoff I kind of thought season 4 was phasing Jimmy (and Emily) out of the show, but apparently not.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Obviously Yellowstone being renewed is a no brained but there is an interesting tidbit at the end of the article. Apparently Kathryn Kelly, who played Emily, Jimmy’s new love interest, has been promoted to a season regular. With plans for a 6666 series spinoff I kind of thought season 4 was phasing Jimmy (and Emily) out of the show, but apparently not.

Looks like they are speeding up the plotline for Jimmy to take over control of the ranch.

Stout

Reaction score

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardsunsfan