Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Every team he has ever coached ***** the bed in the second half of the season

Whatever it is...it needs to be fixed

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree, But buckle up... You don't fire a 10 win coach... So we get another year of his stupidity.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every team he has ever coached ***** the bed in the second half of the season

Whatever it is...it needs to be fixed
You fix it only one way. You make kliffy get COVID second half of the season. Our QB coach can handle. :)

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Play calling is questionable at times but having a Pro team coming out flat is a heart problem with each player on the team not playing with pride. These are grown ass men earning a paycheck not college kids. Do your FN job!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Kyler turning in to Cam Newton pouty face? Can't handle losing but can't fix it. I'm thinking he's lost his nerve.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His stupid 4th down balls is what gets me the most...Even when succeeding I hated it cause you never not take the points....period. it's the football I was raised on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At a certain point it's not all on Kliff or all on Kyler the problem is the way we play it's very unlikely we ever win if Kyler doesn't play well because we rely so much on him and because he so often tries for the big play instead of the easy one.

Frustrating you know how explosive we are but just nothing comes easy. I am switching between SF and the Packers it's amazing how often both teams have someone just wide open. SF because of how they run the ball, and GB because of Rodgers play fakes. I continue to think a big issue for us is that Kyler always plays in the shotgun so it's much harder for us to run play action and scheme those plays.

I want him to get better at lots of things but one thing I want is for him to be able to play behind Center now and then so we can use play action. It's far more effective from behind C than from the shot gun IMO.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
At a certain point it's not all on Kliff or all on Kyler the problem is the way we play it's very unlikely we ever win if Kyler doesn't play well because we rely so much on him and because he so often tries for the big play instead of the easy one.

Frustrating you know how explosive we are but just nothing comes easy. I am switching between SF and the Packers it's amazing how often both teams have someone just wide open. SF because of how they run the ball, and GB because of Rodgers play fakes. I continue to think a big issue for us is that Kyler always plays in the shotgun so it's much harder for us to run play action and scheme those plays.

I want him to get better at lots of things but one thing I want is for him to be able to play behind Center now and then so we can use play action. It's far more effective from behind C than from the shot gun IMO.
100%. Defenses NEVER jump offsides because they just wait for Murray to clap and they know they can read the play easier with him in the shotgun.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i don't see the Cards winning another game this season or in the playoffs. They will end up 10 & 8. Another 2nd half collapse from KK..

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

We just went 2-1 when Kyler wasn’t starting?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just went 2-1 when Kyler wasn’t starting?

He didn't play so he didn't play well or poorly. Other teams can win games when their QB doesn't play well, we don't. I think much of that is because Kyler and Kliff take so many chances instead of the easy plays.

And John Harbaugh is an idiot why go for 2 and not take it into OT?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He didn't play so he didn't play well or poorly. Other teams can win games when their QB doesn't play well, we don't. I think much of that is because Kyler and Kliff take so many chances instead of the easy plays.

And John Harbaugh is an idiot why go for 2 and not take it into OT?
It’s not on Kliff that Kyler is a front-runner who plays great when the game script is working.

The Cards can win without Kyler in a pretty productive way. It’s not on the offensive scheme.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Play calling is questionable at times but having a Pro team coming out flat is a heart problem with each player on the team not playing with pride. These are grown ass men earning a paycheck not college kids. Do your FN job!
Jimmy Johnson mentioned today that he worked the hardest as the Cowboys coach preparing them to play bad teams since his players were always motivated to play the good teams

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not on Kliff that Kyler is a front-runner who plays great when the game script is working.

The Cards can win without Kyler in a pretty productive way. It’s not on the offensive scheme.

you either don't understand my point or are ignoring it. I know we can win games where Kyler doesn't play at all. What I'm saying is we don't win when he plays and doesn't play really well. I think that's because when he plays, both he and Kliff take far more risk.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I have my doubts if the Cards can win without Kyler… in December.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
you either don't understand my point or are ignoring it. I know we can win games where Kyler doesn't play at all. What I'm saying is we don't win when he plays and doesn't play really well. I think that's because when he plays, both he and Kliff take far more risk.
But isn’t that a matter of coaching? In my book it sure as hell is…
If Kliffy can’t figure out how to win with Kyler, especially in crunch time - that’s on Kliffy and nobody else.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That’s a weird point. Most teams lose when their quarterbacks play poorly.

I think you’re saying that Kyler doesn’t have a lot of games where his passer rating is, like, 86. I agree he’s a pretty high-variance quarterback because he tries to make plays out of structure when the home run isn’t there.

There was one play today when Ertz was completely uncovered off the line. He was clapping for the ball and Murray ignored him, ran around, and completed a pass to AJ Green or someone for 20 yards. Kyler has to learn how to take the layup or he’s going to be a coach killer.