Xbox One: King's Quest Episode 1 is Free Now

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/26/kings-quest-episode-one-is-free-on-xbox-one

I used to play the original King's Quest PC games by Sierra so I've been looking forward to the remake they've been working on. It's a 5 episode series (currently episodes 1-3 are released) so if you like it then you'd still need to pay for episodes 2-5. They have a season pass available for 2-5, but I'm sure it'll eventually go on sale.

Direct Link to digital download: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...Remember/5d48ad89-7eeb-4fe0-a06f-50980a118291

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty ambivalent to the episodic games. Don't seem worth it to me.
If you wait you can get all 5 episodes at a discount. Most of these games are about $20 for all 5 episodes. I thought walking dead was a good deal, none of the others have been games I was interested in

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the game was fun. They had it free for the PS4 sometime ago and I played through the first chapter.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoyed Episode 1 & I'll buy the rest when they go on sale.

It has the classic King's Quest humor (lots of puns) & goofy gameplay. It's more of a free-roam puzzle/adventure game than the other episodic games out there that have a straight forward path you have to follow. Some of the best parts of the game are when you actually make the wrong choice & get killed (it resets you back just before you died). In fact, some of the games achievements can only be obtained by doing something completely stupid & getting killed.

Also, it has some pretty solid voice acting with Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown from Back to the Future).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the best part of the game. The humor seems very "Monty Python" (not dirty) in it's humor style. The game really is just a puzzle game with humor. Loved these games when I was a kid and this one is good to. Will be buying the rest of the chapters when they go on sale as well.