Writer's Strike

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Apple ain’t gonna do that. Neither will Amazon or Netflix. They’re just completely different business models than the legacy studios.

WB/Universal/Paramount and Sony might.

And that can absolutely happen. Will it happen? No freaking clue. But the AMPTP is not bonded together by contract or anything.

We divided and conquered the agencies back in 2019, breaking them one by one over packing fee BS. It might be the best way to do this also.
Thanks for the info. I used Apple mainly because I had was just talking about last night's episode of Foundation with someone. It was <insert studio name> placeholder. :)

I mainly didn't know if AMPTP was bonded together somehow to make them a monolithic block. My industry isn't unionized so I haven't dealt with it much. The companies as a block has a bit of a monopoly feel to me but I didn't know if there was something in the labor laws that allowed for it during negotiations. I'm learning here. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I love Bill Mahrer, but he was on MSNBC with Ari, and he was saying he didn't get why MSNBC was on the air with writers and his show wasn't. Ari pointed out different unions. Undeterred Mahrer kept plunging forward. I keep waiting for Ari to say, "Our writers feel they are getting paid enough, otherwise they WOULD strike." Sometimes Bill Mahrer doesn't get it. I do agree with him, the strike has gone on long enough, it's time for the Governor to get involved. If it was another state, with another industry, for sure the Governor would have stepped in by now. CA can't afford for the industry to move elsewhere, or get destroyed. Too much money for the state. Too many associated industries that would be hurt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Bill Mahrer, but he was on MSNBC with Ari, and he was saying he didn't get why MSNBC was on the air with writers and his show wasn't. Ari pointed out different unions. Undeterred Mahrer kept plunging forward. I keep waiting for Ari to say, "Our writers feel they are getting paid enough, otherwise they WOULD strike." Sometimes Bill Mahrer doesn't get it. I do agree with him, the strike has gone on long enough, it's time for the Governor to get involved. If it was another state, with another industry, for sure the Governor would have stepped in by now. CA can't afford for the industry to move elsewhere, or get destroyed. Too much money for the state. Too many associated industries that would be hurt.
This is where money in politics rears its ugly head. The heads of major studios are MAJOR contributors to liberal political campaigns. Newsome, much like Biden, won’t bite the hand that feeds his re-election campaign… or make enemies for Newsome’s future presidential campaign.

As for Bill Maher… dude might be liberal but he’s more of a selfish prick than anything. Turned on rational pandemic safety because he was butt hurt he couldn’t do his show and the same thing is happening now. He’s a narcissist of the highest order.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is where money in politics rears its ugly head. The heads of major studios are MAJOR contributors to liberal political campaigns. Newsome, much like Biden, won’t bite the hand that feeds his re-election campaign… or make enemies for Newsome’s future presidential campaign.

As for Bill Maher… dude might be liberal but he’s more of a selfish prick than anything. Turned on rational pandemic safety because he was butt hurt he couldn’t do his show and the same thing is happening now. He’s a narcissist of the highest order.
Maher’s fan boy interview of Musk earlier this year was cringey. He refuses to see how dangerous Elon is

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought it was an odd choice for the NFL to celebrate their 104th season with a fake script reading table promo. Timing is everything. LOL

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw her. Her show sucks anyway, and can only be worse with no writers. What a piece of worthless flotsam.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a move that shocks no one…