Wow, LeBryan Nash to take a visit to the UofA

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
I've been hearing about this, just getting a kid on campus is huge. Once he is here, he may fall in love with it....anything is possible in the world of recruiting. I also hear Kansas visited Josiah Turner the other day, not liking that so much but UofA is still in the running for him too I guess.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been hearing about this, just getting a kid on campus is huge. Once he is here, he may fall in love with it....anything is possible in the world of recruiting. I also hear Kansas visited Josiah Turner the other day, not liking that so much but UofA is still in the running for him too I guess.

Turner will be on campus and at the UofA/Iowa game. It would be great to get a commitment from him after this weekend.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turner will be on campus and at the UofA/Iowa game. It would be great to get a commitment from him after this weekend.

And it now looks highly unlikely Turner will visit Oregon. Story out today that Oregon contacted the Pac 10 and NCAA for help in investigating the eligibility of several current and former players. Dunigan, Crittle and Humphrey were apparently all in question and allegedly as many as 9 players are being looked at. Dunigan apparently had contact with an agent.

Josiah dropped UCONN over their NCAA issues, can't see him looking at Oregon much longer if there's anything to this story.

There's a report out that UCLA offered Dinwiddie on Monday because they think they're not getting Turner but that's appparently not true.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Jozy Turner and top 10 football team in town?

Huge weekend for UA Athletics. Essentially a chance to lock up top 15 teams in both sports as well as getting Byrne the dough he needs to build football facilities.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow UA has become the "it" school lately with top recruits. Nash, Pelle, Chol weren't even considering UA about a month ago but all have visits set up. Amir Williams is even considering a visit which is amazing considering he was a lock for the East Coast.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow UA has become the "it" school lately with top recruits. Nash, Pelle, Chol weren't even considering UA about a month ago but all have visits set up. Amir Williams is even considering a visit which is amazing considering he was a lock for the East Coast.

Chol sort of "opened up" because of UCONN. He hadn't committed but many thought he was going to UCONN. He's the kid that tweeted he was told by UCONN they were going to give up scholarships and self penalize(they haven't done so yet) and he's apparently dropped UCONN now. So his list has probably changed.

Pelle is an interesting kid, he's an absolute athletic freak, he's more athletic than Jordan Hill was even(smaller though). But right now that's really all he does, dunk and block shots, needs to get a lot stronger, needs to learn to play the game. Apparently not playing last year because of his transfer set him back he got rusty. He's a great athlete.UW fans seem to think he's theirs to lose but apparently Kansas had an inhome with him already.

UCLA tried to get in on Nash too, don't think they had any luck. I read somewhere he's compared to vince Carter so sounds like a hell of an athlete.

Correct me if I'm wrong but UA is just like UCLA, one scholarship left but recruiting with the assumption more will open due to early departure or transfer?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I call it going back to normal, finally, after a few years of turmoil.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chol sort of "opened up" because of UCONN. He hadn't committed but many thought he was going to UCONN. He's the kid that tweeted he was told by UCONN they were going to give up scholarships and self penalize(they haven't done so yet) and he's apparently dropped UCONN now. So his list has probably changed.

Pelle is an interesting kid, he's an absolute athletic freak, he's more athletic than Jordan Hill was even(smaller though). But right now that's really all he does, dunk and block shots, needs to get a lot stronger, needs to learn to play the game. Apparently not playing last year because of his transfer set him back he got rusty. He's a great athlete.UW fans seem to think he's theirs to lose but apparently Kansas had an inhome with him already.

UCLA tried to get in on Nash too, don't think they had any luck. I read somewhere he's compared to vince Carter so sounds like a hell of an athlete.

Correct me if I'm wrong but UA is just like UCLA, one scholarship left but recruiting with the assumption more will open due to early departure or transfer?

They were only going to give out 2 schollies this year after the self imposed sanction of giving up an '11 spot but Turner came on the radar and took the third. There are rumors that if Nash or another post like Williams wants to come here they would take them. I expect someone to transfer as there isn't going to be enough minutes to go around in the backcourt.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Nash is no longer coming this weekend. Miller actually was the one who declined the visit because of available schollies. They say they want to reevaluate in the spring but fat chance of that happening with a player of Nash's caliber.

I think Sean is learning you don't have to give out the rides, just to give them out. I wish we could get rid of scrubs like Lavendar and Jacobson for a guy like Nash, but oh well.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I think Sean is learning you don't have to give out the rides, just to give them out. I wish we could get rid of scrubs like Lavendar and Jacobson for a guy like Nash, but oh well.
You can't. Arizona can't afford to piss off Gary McKnight over at Mater Dei by running off Jacobsen considering how much talent that program produces. That bridge was already napalmed by the Simon/Geary/Lute/Livengood fiasco and cutting AJac would open old wounds the coaching staff are trying to mend.

Same with Lav. He is a Phoenix kid and this is a very tight high school basketball community due to the low level of talent. Running him would be a PR nightmare locally.

There's enough talent to go deep in the Tournament in a couple years.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't. Arizona can't afford to piss off Gary McKnight over at Mater Dei by running off Jacobsen considering how much talent that program produces. That bridge was already napalmed by the Simon/Geary/Lute/Livengood fiasco and cutting AJac would open old wounds the coaching staff are trying to mend.

Same with Lav. He is a Phoenix kid and this is a very tight high school basketball community due to the low level of talent. Running him would be a PR nightmare locally.

There's enough talent to go deep in the Tournament in a couple years.

Mater Dei has a couple of kids that will likely be on UA's radar soon. One is Xavier Johnson who has apparently moved from Temecula so he can attend MD. He's a 2012 recruit, SF right now. Greg Hicks has him rated much higher than other scouts do, but the whole Pac 10 is recruiting him.

And the kid further out is freshman Shaquan Aaron who Greg Hicks says is the best incoming freshman he's ever scouted. Greg hates talking about kids that young but he says this kid is unique.

Again the whole Pac 10 is on Aaron already.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I honestly believe that Nash/Pelle/Chol/Williams were the fall back guys in case Turner left UA without committing. Had he made it to KU he probably would have went to KU and UA would have pushed for Nash.

I agree with Mao & Russ about not wanting to ruin the pipeline with MD and local players by running off Jacobson and Lavender because MD is a D1 feeder school and Torren Jones is the next big recruit in Arizona for 2013 and it really wouldn't look good if Miller gave another local kid the boot. I am glad Sean Miller is not trading his integrity to land bigger recruits by reneging on kids who came here when UA was down. I sure parents and recruits are taking notice.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From what I read in AZ Star is that Pelle is not interested at all in UA now and that Williams most likely will not wait until spring to sign with a school. Article I read said that Miller continues to target Angelo Chol and that Chol may wait until spring to pick a school which could be why Miller is still keeping tabs on him. Javier Morales seems to think that Miller is shying away from Nash because Nash seems like he might have a bit of an ego. Nash is set to announce his decision on ESPN and Morales thinks Miller isn't into players that need to draw attention to themselves.

As many may know Nick Johnson is really getting into Brandon Ashley's ear about joining him and Turner down in Tucson, hopefully he has Momo Jones' recruiting skills.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard