Would you make this trade.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Trade our first to Indy for there first and flip flop there second round pick for our 3rd round comp pick. Then pick Anderson with the 1st and the highest rated DT and C with the two second round picks.
Probably not.

Indy gets:
3rd overall
96th overall

Arizona gets:
4th overall
35th overall

Hm... actually that's kind of tasty to move down one pick. I know that a lot of people are focused on quantity and filling holes, but those high second rounders can usually contribute pretty early.

I want Ryan Kelly included in the trade so we don’t need to worry about drafting and developing one.

What's the point? He's 30 years old and has two years left on his current deal. He'll cost $10 million this year and $12 million in 2024. This basically re-rolls the Rodney Hudson trade.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Probably not.

Indy gets:
3rd overall
96th overall

Arizona gets:
4th overall
35th overall

Hm... actually that's kind of tasty to move down one pick. I know that a lot of people are focused on quantity and filling holes, but those high second rounders can usually contribute pretty early.

What's the point? He's 30 years old and has two years left on his current deal. He'll cost $10 million this year and $12 million in 2024. This basically re-rolls the Rodney Hudson trade.
Oh, he's 30? I thought he was young. Never mind.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t realize he was that old tbh. I’d still consider it though. Hudson chose to sit out IMO. Centers have been going to their late 30’s with no issue. With what we’ve spent on Kyler, I really don’t want to have a 3rd round pick and bum Price protecting him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. I wouldn't.

What Indy have to pay to move up is affected by what other teams are willing to pay to trade up. So while it's "only 1 spot" it's one spot in the top 3.

The Rams got two future 1sts and a 3rd for a similar trade with the Skins for RG3.

If the Raiders or Falcons want to move up and are offering a haul then Indy have to pay up. Not the same obviously because it's moving back less, but it certainly inflates the price.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
As long as Indy commits to not taking Anderson (they obviously could bluff, but that kind of info would get around the league quick), why wouldn't you take whatever they have to offer to move down one spot and still get your guy? Obviously you negotiate and make them think there is other genuine interest in the pick, but at the end of the day if you want Anderson and Indy is willing to give you some compensation to move up for a QB, you take it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
As long as Indy commits to not taking Anderson (they obviously could bluff, but that kind of info would get around the league quick), why wouldn't you take whatever they have to offer to move down one spot and still get your guy? Obviously you negotiate and make them think there is other genuine interest in the pick, but at the end of the day if you want Anderson and Indy is willing to give you some compensation to move up for a QB, you take it.
Raiders are deep diving all the Qbs and having a couple to Vegas for dinner... that has to put pressure on Indy

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably not.

Indy gets:
3rd overall
96th overall

Arizona gets:
4th overall
35th overall

And he wasn't very good in 2022, from what I've read.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Probably not at this point. You make that as a last minute deal on the clock if nothing else has materialized.

I think you can get that deal anytime. Why take it earlier than needed when maybe missing out on better offers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Probably not at this point. You make that as a last minute deal on the clock if nothing else has materialized.

I think you can get that deal anytime. Why take it earlier than needed when maybe missing out on better offers.
If you're on the clock your leverage to extract something from the Colts probably disappears.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score

Agree! Leverage is a good thing. Let’s use it to our advantage.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Most trades happen when teams are on the clock.
True but it depends on what you want because the groundwork for most draft day trades is laid before. So, if you wait until draft day, you better have another deal available to leverage OR be good with taking Will Anderson at 3. If not, Indy can call your bluff and you are stuck and you miss out on a win/win deal.

Basically, I don't believe there will be a better deal that enables you to also get Will Anderson (in this scenario), and so I would not risk that by being greedy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
True but it depends on what you want because the groundwork for most draft day trades is laid before. So, if you wait until draft day, you better have another deal available to leverage OR be good with taking Will Anderson at 3. If not, Indy can call your bluff and you are stuck and you miss out on a win/win deal.

Basically, I don't believe there will be a better deal that enables you to also get Will Anderson (in this scenario), and so I would not risk that by being greedy.
Agree... 4 and any 2nd or 3rd from indy is an easy choice if your goal is to get Will Anderson...free picks are free picks.

Im actually pretty excited on it because Vegas is apparently ramping up their information gathering and bringing Richardson and Levis in for a visit... them indicating an increased possibility to draft a qb should motivate Indy to get our pick so they dont.
Unfortunately Monti will likely then trade 4 to Vegas, leaving us wondering what to do at 7

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as Indy commits to not taking Anderson (they obviously could bluff, but that kind of info would get around the league quick), why wouldn't you take whatever they have to offer to move down one spot and still get your guy? Obviously you negotiate and make them think there is other genuine interest in the pick
Well that's the problem... It would be tough to simultaneously tell the Colts that you'll only accept their trade if they don't take Anderson, AND convince them that you're entertaining offers to move farther back. With that in mind, the Colts may get away with offering very meager compensation.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well that's the problem... It would be tough to simultaneously tell the Colts that you'll only accept their trade if they don't take Anderson, AND convince them that you're entertaining offers to move farther back. With that in mind, the Colts may get away with offering very meager compensation.
No, you simply have to convince them that, though Anderson is their guy in a trade down, the temptation of getting a haul of picks for another team to jump up and draft a QB is real.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose