Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??

Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this is as close as you can get to an argument for Flores, we definitely shouldn't hire him.

Dude won on a team that hired him to fail that gave him garbage to work with. Those players would run through walls for him.

They traded Tannehill, Tunsil, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Drake and gave a 2nd away for Rosen. After starting 7-0 with that garbage they finished 5-4 then had winning records the next 2 years.

This is why he'd be a good choice.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
What happens when we go 8-9 or worse with Flores and no improvement with Murray?
And you want to fire him and move on?
Sounds like trouble Bidwill doesn’t need!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Wilks coached his butt off in Carolina this year. Turnstile at QB, best player traded. They played hard for him and won some games. He didn't have that "lost" look on the sidelines that he showed us in AZ.

Carolina is a QB away from being a legit team. They have talent.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bidwill better be hiring the person he thinks will be the best for the job and hopefully make the Cards a winning team and not to do a solid for the rest of the owners and league.

If that is indeed a driving motivation then he is a total moron. I doubt many of the other 31 owners would be so stupid.

The two points are not mutually exclusive.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His guys in Florida never gave up on him. That's a good sign. It looked like KK had the Cards give up on him.
I completely disagree. The team played hard for Kliff and they were in all but 3 games. (opening night and the two against SF) He didn't lose the team, but he was in over his head.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Bidwill seen first hand how Camp Cupcake worked out. Flores might be an over correction of that. However.
1. Flores seems to have an ego. That being said if MO knows him then he knows what he’s getting.
2. A big plus is he has been a head coach. He knows the job and knows how to manage a game. We hear all the time how a promoted coordinator are a bit overwhelmed with the duties of a head coach compared to a coordinator.
3. He seems to be a bit of a no nonsense guy and a bit of an ass****. There will be a cultural shock coming. I believe he is the type of guy who would tell Kyler to take a seat on the bench.
4. Getting the right OC’s will be huge.

It’s been reported we will have a head coach in the next few days. Can Demarco Ryan accept the head coaching job while the 49ers are still playing?
Can you imagine bringing in Flores and then hire Payton?

I think Flores is our next Head Coach.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Many are saying Flores was the Browns first choice for their DC position, but they have now moved on

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flores reminds me of my high school coach "back in the day". Two words: Hard A**. But a decent guy that would laugh, occasionally to everyone's relief. If we get Flores, might not be a bad thing for this team. He will need a "good cop" to make things work.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
What makes me weary is that the "patriot way" has not been successful outside of NE. We have seen the ongoing failures of coaches that have come from Belichick's coaching tree. Many people have tried to replicate the NE culture in different organizations with poor results.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tua is way more mild mannered than Kyler and couldn't get along with Flores.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Flores got a raw deal in Miami. His last year the owners were pressuring him to throw games to better the draft pick and with him refusing made him out to be "difficult" or having a bad attitude. I like the fact he's willing to win at all costs. The players seemed to love him and they went 8-1 the final stretch of the season to finish 9-8.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Would love to have him as DC but not HC. He would build our defense to a top ten if not top five. His team doesn’t quit on him but his tough love approach on Murray could go either way. If Murray didn’t respond we would have to get a new quarterback.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Didn’t Brian Flores initiate the lawsuit Steve wilks latched on to?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose