Worst Franchise in the NBA

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No shock here. Ownership is an absolute disaster, and $arver has ruined our beloved team.

"Sarver's bumbling over the past few years has caused us to rank the Suns' management 30th in the league. Yes, we think even Minnesota's David Kahn and Glen Taylor could do this better. That's saying something."

Sadly, our prospects are pretty dim in lieu of Sarver selling. Not good times.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sarver's arrogance and high visibility make him an easy target. I think the Suns' management is below average right now, but I doubt that they are the absolute worst in the league.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver's arrogance and high visibility make him an easy target. I think the Suns' management is below average right now, but I doubt that they are the absolute worst in the league.

I agree a bit. Not the worst but I think for sure that they are one of the worst.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really miss Jerry Colangelo. I never quite understood why he sold the team. He loved the NBA, I met the guy a few times and his passion for the Suns was so obvious.

I wonder if the Diamondbacks hadnt won the WS in 2001 if he would not have eventually sold the Suns. I feel like he really wanted at least one title, got it with the Dbacks and the stress of rebuilding them and the Suns at the same time wore him out.

In the end I will just blame Kidd for beating up his wife.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
It certainly seems like a lot of other teams with bad records at least have some good young talent moving forward, and have been drafting players with some good potential.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really miss Jerry Colangelo. I never quite understood why he sold the team.

He was a smart business man who sold high a few years prior to the recession. I'm sure that wasn't by luck. The Suns were 200 million in debt and were sold for 401 million. He bought the team in 87 for 44.5 million. Not bad.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns FO is far from worst in the league...

but this season... with the Suns completely stuck in mediocrity zone, a good GM and FO know to tank it and get some youths and rebuild in a pretty darn deep draft.....

Sarver/Babby just need to send out a message to Gentry to DNP Nash and Hill as "rest" days during back to backs and they can hide the tanking....

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what happens when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Will we ride Nash until the very end scrapping for every meaningless/draft-position-killing game possible?

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
It is very hard to believe that any Suns fans still support Robert Sarver.

He has sytematically destroyed this franchise. That is if he had a system.

He doesn't have a clue.

If you think we are bad now, just wait.

Most Suns boards have larger threads concerning Jeremy Lin or how bad Amare and D'Antoni were/are rather than anything relating to the current Suns team or players. No one cares if the Suns win or lose or what their current players are doing.

The Suns are and will be not relevant for the foreseeable future.

The front office is/has been a disaster.

Most seem to blame former players, coaches and GM's for all of the problems. There has been one constant in the fall from glory, Robert Sarver. Is there anyone stil left in the FO he started with? I don't think so. Thus he is the FO that destroyed this franchise.

If you do not see it that way you are in denial. Ford and Hollinger give you the facts and you still challenge them.

Wow

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of the Charlotte Bobcats, Minnesota Timberwolves, and the Washington Wizards? Those are teams that are constantly in the lottery and manage to screw up every season.

Yes, the Suns are in disarray, but trust me, it could be a hell of a lot worse.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of the Charlotte Bobcats, Minnesota Timberwolves, and the Washington Wizards? Those are teams that are constantly in the lottery and manage to screw up every season.

Are you saying you would rather have the Suns roster than that of Washington/Minnesota? Further, what gives you any confidence that Sarver can do better than either franchise?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

All true,but these are Sarver's Suns. He bought a franchise that was the NBA version of a red hot Ferrari. A franchise that through many years of ups and down's was always at least aware of when it was time to rebuild,reload,trade a good player,shake up the roster,shake up a coaching staff etc...

All i see is a banker who's running the franchise like it's an investment,hiring people to help keep it afloat until the groceries eventually run out so he can then move on to something else(not a bad plan for a business man).

Whats Sarver's plan to put an elite basketball team on the court once again? :shrug:
Does he even have a plan? I dont think so. I also dont think his "basketball" people do either.

Sigh.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Even if he were to sell the team he'd find some way to mess that up too...like selling to someone who wants to move the team to Vegas etc.

This team is completely paralyzed with him at the top.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is very hard to believe that any Suns fans still support Robert Sarver.

He has sytematically destroyed this franchise. That is if he had a system.

He doesn't have a clue.

If you think we are bad now, just wait.

Most Suns boards have larger threads concerning Jeremy Lin or how bad Amare and D'Antoni were/are rather than anything relating to the current Suns team or players. No one cares if the Suns win or lose or what their current players are doing.

The Suns are and will be not relevant for the foreseeable future.

The front office is/has been a disaster.

Most seem to blame former players, coaches and GM's for all of the problems. There has been one constant in the fall from glory, Robert Sarver. Is there anyone stil left in the FO he started with? I don't think so. Thus he is the FO that destroyed this franchise.

If you do not see it that way you are in denial. Ford and Hollinger give you the facts and you still challenge them.

Wow

You've just told a near-death group of starving people that there is no food and then chastised them for not realizing they are hungry. Where is all this Sarver love you're talking about? Who is trumpeting our future? We all agree that we are one of the worst teams in the league and that our future is even more dim than our present. Although it is nice of you to set us straight from your lofty seat of wisdom.

Steve

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Thank goodness for the Dbacks. I am already close to being in full baseball mode. Can't wait for this season to get started!

The contrast between the two teams is alarming. The Dbacks were recently named the "best place to work in sports" by the United Nations. (That's kind of odd, but still.)

Dbacks: Fantastic management (From the ownership all the way down to the coaches), talented roster, and tons of great young prospects.

Essentially the complete opposite of the Suns.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
You've just told a near-death group of starving people that there is no food and then chastised them for not realizing they are hungry. Where is all this Sarver love you're talking about? Who is trumpeting our future? We all agree that we are one of the worst teams in the league and that our future is even more dim than our present. Although it is nice of you to set us straight from your lofty seat of wisdom.

Steve

Sorry I disturbed your space Daddy.

As usual you only read what you want to read and alway want to be the last word. '"LOFTY SEAT OF WISDOM". That is always reserved for you.

Several posts in this thread suggest that Sarver and our front office is not the worst in the league. I have no idea what they see that Hollinger and Ford don't see. It is clear as day. He is the worst owner in the league. His poor decisions do not only encompass player decisions. He has also fired or forced out all of the Front office staff he inherited, or so it seems.

I did not make this stuff up. I am just jumping on the Hollinger and Ford bandwaggon.

I am just commenting on those posters that disagree with Hollinger and Ford's ranking that puts our future at 29th in the league, just ahead of Charlotte.

Maybe you should read every post in a thread prior to commenting.

Your "WISDOM" would increase dramatically.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I disturbed your space Daddy.

As usual you only read what you want to read and alway want to be the last word. '"LOFTY SEAT OF WISDOM". That is always reserved for you.

Several posts in this thread suggest that Sarver and our front office is not the worst in the league. I have no idea what they see that Hollinger and Ford don't see. It is clear as day. He is the worst owner in the league. His poor decisions do not only encompass player decisions. He has also fired or forced out all of the Front office staff he inherited, or so it seems.

I did not make this stuff up. I am just jumping on the Hollinger and Ford bandwaggon.

I am just commenting on those posters that disagree with Hollinger and Ford's ranking that puts our future at 29th in the league, just ahead of Charlotte.

Maybe you should read every post in a thread prior to commenting.

Your "WISDOM" would increase dramatically.

I don't see the "Sarver Love" either you are referring too. Saying that he is not the worst in the league is a far cry from saying there is Sarver love. That is like saying I drive a Pinto but because someone else's Pinto is in worse shape....I love my Pinto. Nobody I know is happy with this front office or Sarver as an owner.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Are you saying you would rather have the Suns roster than that of Washington/Minnesota? Further, what gives you any confidence that Sarver can do better than either franchise?

The OP is referring to us being the "worst franchise." I think if you look at recent history, you'll see teams who have underperformed more consistently than the Suns. There is always the possibility that those teams will surpass us with Sarver running the show, but as it stands, we still aren't the worst.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The OP is referring to us being the "worst franchise." I think if you look at recent history, you'll see teams who have underperformed more consistently than the Suns. There is always the possibility that those teams will surpass us with Sarver running the show, but as it stands, we still aren't the worst.

Sure, but I think we can agree, worst, 3rd worst, anywhere in the bottom 10 is putrid, and not where we have been or want to be. Quibbling over how awful we are is fruitless. This franchise is in dire straits.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, but I think we can agree, worst, 3rd worst, anywhere in the bottom 10 is putrid, and not where we have been or want to be. Quibbling over how awful we are is fruitless. This franchise is in dire straits.

EXACTLY. Arguing if this team is the worst or 5th worst is splitting hairs. The fact that we are one of the worst isn't debatable IMO and the point.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
We need to clean house.

Let Sarver Babby and Gentry go.

What's wrong with Gentry? Wouldn't you agree that the Suns' defense has gotten quite a bit better under his watch, and that he is making every attempt to develop what little young talent he has?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
What's wrong with Gentry? Wouldn't you agree that the Suns' defense has gotten quite a bit better under his watch, and that he is making every attempt to develop what little young talent he has?
I agree. Without Gentry, this team would be dead in the water and I highly doubt they would have more than 5 wins without his coaching.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison