Woj: Anthony Davis to Lakers

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by GatorAZ, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

Lakers fans are bemoaning the timing of the deal. According to Woj, if they wait to complete the deal until July 30th, LA will have $32.5 million in space.

If it's completed July 6th, LA will only have $27.4M which is not enough for a 35% max guy like Kawhi, Kemba, or Butler. Also they could only have $23.7M if Davis does not waive his trade kicker.

Woj has sources that the deal will be completed on July 6th because the Pelicans will have $19M in cap space instead of only $15M if they wait until July 30th.

Also, I can't see a Rich Paul client giving back money. The Lakers could only have a little over $23M to round out their roster.

It will be interesting to see what they do.

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I hope the pels stick it to the Lakers and Davis in whatever manner they can.

SirStefan32 and The Kraken like this.
  3. Finito

Finito Registered

Man the more details come out idk. The Pelicans can control the Lakers draft until 2025

4. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

That is definitely significant:

Unless guys like Beverly and Redick are okay taking huge discounts the Lakers will be signing a lot of old scrubs to cheap deals.

STARTING AT PG FOR YOUR LOS ANGELES LAKERS....

Jamal Crawford!

5. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

AD is not waiving 4 mill option either.

6. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Warriors are only allowed to offer Cousins $6.2 million by league rules. The only way he comes back is if teams offer him less. I can not see him getting anything than $15 million per elsewhere.

7. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

That would look really bad on Rich Paul if he did. It would like he is looking out for LeBron's interest over AD's.

8. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Man... I think that dude is really mediocre.

I can see not wanting to give up the haul of draft picks the Lakers had to surrender, but if Boston's main hangup in a trade for a superstar player was having to give up the next Harrison Barnes... that's stupid.

Russ Smith and Proximo like this.
  9. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

I think he's overrated too. He can be a number 3 on a good team, but he'll never be All-NBA level IMO.

10. leclerc

leclerc The smooth operator

Anyone who thinks/hopes that the Lakers will be bad for an extended period of time from 2025 will be disappointed. They will "luck" out of it by getting handed some top level players at a serious discount or just pick up a draft pick that magically will be a top 3 pick in a great draft year. Just let it go. What we have now is hopefully the start of the end of the Warriors and we'll soon see the last of Labron, so we should just be idiots and hope Sarver puts a winning team together.

We can have some mini goals. Sign Oubre. JJ pulls his head out. Coach makes them play spirited. Ayton and Bridges shows progress. Booker and Warren (wherever he plays) are mostly injury free. Personally I'm thinking more and more of following the NFL again, but I'll probably get league pass and watch every Suns loss like always.

OT: I think the Lakers got the best of the deal. They take the wins and don't have to pay for the losses. It was great what happened with the disaster this year but I doubt Labron misses the playoffs when he shares the court with AD.

11. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Luckily for Boston Ainge isn’t dumb enough to trade a decade of Tatum for one year of AD.

Town Drunk likes this.
  12. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Bingo. Paul made it clear he wouldn’t sign there.

13. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I guess we'll see he's going to have to be able to prove to someone he's either healthier, or will be healthier. The Boogie that appeared in the playoffs is NOT worth anything like 15 but that of course was a very quick comeback he presumably will be better.

he had no lift or lateral movement at all in the Toronto series.

14. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

What’s been the typical outcome of star for packages?

Nance for KJ, West, Corbin and pick that became Majerle = fairly even for each timeline

Barkley for horny, perry, Lang = clearly suns won

Kawhi and green for derozan, Poeltl, and 1st = short term easily raptors, likely long term as well due to championship

Both the Kg and Ray Allen trades to Boston = clear wins for Celtics

Wilt for Jerry Chambers, Archie Clark, and Darrall Imhoff = clear win for lakers

Kareem for Brian Winters, Elmore Smith, Junior Bridgeman, and Dave Meyers = clear win for lakers

15. SunnyBaller

SunnyBaller Registered

Ya I agree I don't see him getting very much money from any team, he hasn't played at a high level or even a good level for a year and a half , I see him signing another 1 year deal maybe 7-8 mil to prove he's worth another big contract