Wk16-Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 12/18/22-12/24/22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are on the 3rd string QB. Still down 3 O line starters. All 3 starting CB's are likely still out, looks like Hamilton and Murphy for sure. Probably no Zach Allen.

We are losing this game. You could put Bill Parcells at HC and we are losing this game.

This team is insanely injured and it seems to get ignored as if some 3rd string guy on vet min with 3 starts in his career should be able to come in and play at the same level as a 10 year pro bowl level player.

This isn't Brett Rypien throwing to Jeudy and some no names. This is Brady throwing to Evans and Godwin against Nate Hairston and Christian Matthew.

It's going to be 34-6. Nothing Kliff or Vance can do that can change that.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sadly, I’ll be hoping that, should we lose (which is extremely likely), we get blown out/embarrassed. I want MB to be practically forced to end this fiasco, and there’s nothing quite like a disaster on national TV to cause embarrassment.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And who made this choice if SK is gone? AW? Ugh... please get new blood in the front office

Who exactly do you think is sat on the sofa to sign to the practice squad?

We can't sign off anyone elses PS because they need to stick on the 53. They just want a guy they can stash on the PS for a couple of weeks as a 3rd option.

And this guy, as a former 4th round pick, is about as good as it gets.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Mcsorely-Brady. Lol.
The fact that Vegas only has it at 6.5 points, should tell you how bad the Bucs offense has been. This should easily be a 10-12 point spread, but it's not. I think it will end up being really close, until maybe the last half of the 4th qtr.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If Watt and Company can hit/sack Brady 4 or 5 times in the 1st half, like they did in Denver, he may fall apart in the 2nd half...and the Cards get some easy turnovers. Brady is the one QB who hates being hit more than Kyler Murray.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Or that Murray has sucked this year.

He's literally been worse than his rookie season in almost every aspect and people are still trying to defend him? SMH.

There's now more evidence to support that the scheme and supporting personnel contributed to Murray's lower production this year.

I am not saying in the last 12 months K1 couldn't have done things differently, and been marginally more productive than he was this year. I'm pretty sure he could have, and that's disconcerting for sure. But, if the scheme and supporting personnel were good or even adequate, then our excellent back up QB would have fared better in his last three games.

Instead, Colt's pure QB rating for his last three averaged 66. His QBR averaged 34. That's with Dhop at full strength for all of those games.

I'm an not dancing on McCoy's grave britcard, because I have a ton of respect for him, and agree with you that he'll be an NFL coach someday.

What I'm saying is that the primary problem with the offense this year was Kingsbury. If you want to point the finger at Keim instead, I won't disagree, because Keim's sucked at his job too. But there's mounting evidence that Kingsbury is in way over his head, and I don't think bringing him back for another year or two will produce much different results from what we've seen his first four years as our HC.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What I'm saying is that the primary problem with the offense this year was Kingsbury.
Hard disagree here. What is the evidence? That Colt McCoy had a 70.42% completion percentage and 86.4 passer rating in the games that he started and finished? That's where you're going to point to?

Weird take.

The primary problem with the offense this year is probably the offensive line. Two-fifths of it were AT LEAST ambivalent about playing football this year, and four-fifths of it have not played since Week 8 (WILD). There isn't a lot you can do to scheme through only having one starting-quality offensive lineman for the majority of your games.

The secondary problem with the offense was probably Kyler Murray. Conner, Ertz, Hollywood, and A.J. Green are probably sufficient pieces for an adequate offense. Kyler Murray couldn't deliver that.

Third problem is probably Kliff as head coach and playcaller. Inability to stop presnap penalties and just look functional in situational football is completely mystifying. We've been close enough in these games that an edge would at least give us a chance. One-score game results are essentially random, but we've played eight games where the margin was 8-10 points. We've lost seven of them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's now more evidence to support that the scheme and supporting personnel contributed to Murray's lower production this year.

I am not saying in the last 12 months K1 couldn't have done things differently, and been marginally more productive than he was this year. I'm pretty sure he could have, and that's disconcerting for sure. But, if the scheme and supporting personnel were good or even adequate, then our excellent back up QB would have fared better in his last three games.

Instead, Colt's pure QB rating for his last three averaged 66. His QBR averaged 34. That's with Dhop at full strength for all of those games.

I'm an not dancing on McCoy's grave britcard, because I have a ton of respect for him, and agree with you that he'll be an NFL coach someday.

What I'm saying is that the primary problem with the offense this year was Kingsbury. If you want to point the finger at Keim instead, I won't disagree, because Keim's sucked at his job too. But there's mounting evidence that Kingsbury is in way over his head, and I don't think bringing him back for another year or two will produce much different results from what we've seen his first four years as our HC.

McCoy is playing with a completely different cast to Murray. Murray started the year with most of his O line in tact. The first 4 games he had his starting O line. He had Ertz. Had Rondale a bunch. He lost Hudson for Game 5. Lost Pugh by Game 7. Hernandez and Hump didn't get hurt until after Kyler went out with his hamstring. Kyler has only ever played with 2 backup O line. Colt has had 4, sometimes 5 backups in.

In 2019 Murray had Kirk, Fitz, Cooper, Keyshawn Johnson and Byrd at WR. He made Byrd and Cooper look good. His TE1 was Charles Clay. His O line was Hump, Pugh, Cole, Sweezy and Justin Murray/Jordan Mills. And with that garbage he outperformed what he had this year?

Let's take game 1 vs the Rams at home. He had Brown, Ertz, Green, and Dortch. At O line we had Hump, Pugh, Hudson, Hernandez and Beachum. And we scored 12 points. All FGs. Averaged 5.41 yards per attempt. Missed a wide open McBride for a TD. And the Rams had 2 DB's playing their first NFL snaps.

And it's been that way every game. Starters or not. Just bad play.

Sure other thangs have been bad, no denying that. But Kyler has been independently bad. It's self evident really. Nobody is making him miss passes to open guys downfield by yards with no pressure.

I believe that Kyler has been the main issue on the field offensively and that it's very difficult for any coach to coach around bad QB play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’ll give you Hollywood & even 2022 Ertz, but Conner & AJ? BLEH.

Conner is 14th in DYAR and DVOA. I don't think he can be a cornerstone of a good offense, but for the first eight games of a season with a healthy OL I think he can stay on pace for 1000 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving.

One of the mysteries of the 2022 season is why he wasn't used more in the passing game early on. 3.8 targets per game through the first five weeks of the year didn't seem like enough at the time. During his five games as a starter in 2021 he averaged 5.25 targets per game.

Green as a fourth passing option (or fifth really after Greg Dortch showed he could ball) really should be adequate.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hard disagree here. What is the evidence? That Colt McCoy had a 70.42% completion percentage and 86.4 passer rating in the games that he started and finished? That's where you're going to point to?

Weird take.

The primary problem with the offense this year is probably the offensive line. Two-fifths of it were AT LEAST ambivalent about playing football this year, and four-fifths of it have not played since Week 8 (WILD). There isn't a lot you can do to scheme through only having one starting-quality offensive lineman for the majority of your games.

The secondary problem with the offense was probably Kyler Murray. Conner, Ertz, Hollywood, and A.J. Green are probably sufficient pieces for an adequate offense. Kyler Murray couldn't deliver that.

Third problem is probably Kliff as head coach and playcaller. Inability to stop presnap penalties and just look functional in situational football is completely mystifying. We've been close enough in these games that an edge would at least give us a chance. One-score game results are essentially random, but we've played eight games where the margin was 8-10 points. We've lost seven of them.

Hey my guy, did you just really type that AJ Green is an adequate WR 2 in any offense? ha! kidding with you a little my friend. Hope your center forward on your soccer team has a brace in your league tournament, and HH to the fam!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Conner is 14th in DYAR and DVOA. I don't think he can be a cornerstone of a good offense, but for the first eight games of a season with a healthy OL I think he can stay on pace for 1000 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving.

One of the mysteries of the 2022 season is why he wasn't used more in the passing game early on. 3.8 targets per game through the first five weeks of the year didn't seem like enough at the time. During his five games as a starter in 2021 he averaged 5.25 targets per game.

Green as a fourth passing option (or fifth really after Greg Dortch showed he could ball) really should be adequate.
You should be banned for this ;)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

This guy gets it!!! Great post!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wonder how much the Chargers’ all-time bad rushing defense played a part in this?
I mean, that's supposed to account for bad defenses, because it's defense-adjusted. We've also played some good rush defenses. SF is #2 in Rush DVOA, LARM is #5, NE #9. According to DVOA, LACH's rushing defense (25th) isn't even as bad as ours (29th).

We suck.

Here's a treat for those who can access it: Kliff Kingsbury Roasting on an Open Fire: Coaching Hot Seats.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose