WK 7 Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 10/20/20-10/24/20

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ronin, Oct 20, 2020.

1. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

Is there any chance we come out trying to throw the ball to Andy deep again?

I know we missed it last game (and the Panthers game as well), but I get a strange feeling they want to show off his "worth" with DK on the other side of the field.

And in fairness to those here who believe DK might not be the same as a Cardinal. You could very well be right. Russell Wilson has spoken about how he spent countless hours this summer working with DK despite Covid, etc. Probably not happening with Kyler since he just worked with the guys for a week.

Russ has the funds to do house another player for a long time, but hope Kyler adapts that offseason mentality going forward.

daves and cardncubfan like this.
  2. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

Please explain “total review.” For what it’s worth he’s ranked 19th by PFF in passing. He’s ranked 20th in YPA. I assume the shorter you throw the more accurate you can be.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  3. Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze Registered

After watching Kyler at OU and 1.5 years with Cardinals I can confidently say he is an accurate quarterback. Agree to disagree.

SoonerLou, daves and Harry like this.
  4. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

Isabella shouldn’t have more deep ball opportunities than Hop. If they want to decoy him deep that’s cool but his ball skills are trash. Feed the monster.

BritCard and Mainstreet like this.
  5. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

Great question

I like hearing Hop challenging KM

Dr. Jones, SoonerLou and cardncubfan like this.
  6. DVontel

DVontel Registered

It’s really honestly kind of stupid to talk about they/we played sub-par competition considering nobody in the division has played a “good” team outside of yet.

7. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

While true you gotta keep them honest by throwing deep to Isabella every now and then.

We should be due for a big pass play to him. However, yea feed Hopkins deep as well. The trio itself (Dhop/Kirk/Isabella) isnt as talented as the Chiefs (Hill/Watkins/Hardman)..but I kinda like that aggressive mindset.

8. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I think the cards have planted the seed that we will throw deep. Issabella should and will take one or two defenders with him on deep routes opening up the middle.

If Kyler can hit the intermediate routes we will light The Seahawks up. Now will we stop Wilson and his friends? That is the question.

SoonerLou, Zeem_Freeze and daves like this.
  9. Solar7

Solar7 Not Skeptical

My gut says we win this one. Just a mid-week feeling. Soaring confidence from a nice win, just outside of the bye, and possibly our most hated rivals.

This is a game no player on the team is looking past.

10. Praxis

Praxis Registered

Need defense to bring pressure and force turnovers every week. Almost had a fifth turnover had Hicks completed the catch. VJ has to have these guys ready.

11. BritCard

BritCard Registered

You're right. The only thing I would add is that losing on the road to a bad team like the Cowboys has very much been in the Cards wheelhouse lately. I think we would have won without the turnovers as we were the better team but it was nice to stomp them.

They are better than last year as you say, but it's hard to position them right now. The loses to the Lions and Panthers threw a spanner in the works in that regard. Sunday will say much considering the Fins and Vikings both ran the Seahawks close.

I do however, think the Seahawks are inflated at the moment. They have played some bad teams.

oaken1 likes this.
  12. BritCard

BritCard Registered

That's the one big improvement. Since the Panthers game we have thrown deep more and it's making defenses change their schemes.

slanidrac16 and BullheadCardFan like this.
  13. BullheadCardFan

DeAndre Hopkins’ injured ankle keeps him out of practice

DeAndre Hopkins has missed practices this season with an ankle injury. He has not missed a game, even in Week Four when the Cardinals listed him as questionable.

The Cardinals receiver was listed as a non-participant Wednesday, though it was an estimated report since the team didn’t practice.

Hopkins leads the NFL with 47 catches for 601 yards, though he has only two touchdowns.

The Cardinals also estimated defensive lineman Jordan Phillips (foot) and offensive lineman Kelvin Beachum (ankle) as non-practice participants.

Linebackers Kylie Fitts (hamstring) and Dennis Gardeck (foot) were limited.

Safety Budda Baker (thumb) and linebacker Jordan Hicks (wrist) were full participants.

14. BullheadCardFan

Kenyan Drake’s mom challenged him to “hit some holes”

Kenyan Drake‘s mother is tougher on him than Cardinals coaches. The running back called home before Monday night’s game against the Cowboys.

“Hey son,” she asked, “you going to hit some holes today?”

“‘I got you,'” Drake said he told his mother, via Darren Urban of the team website.

“It really hit home when your own mom is not liking what she sees out there. I just had to buckle up and play ball. Get north and south and make them tackle me going forward.”

Drake rushed for 164 yards and two touchdowns on 20 carries. His 69-yard touchdown run with 1:49 remaining was icing on the Cardinals’ 38-10 win.

Conversations with running backs coach James Saxon also helped.

“Just telling him about how I couldn’t really sleep through the holes (in my game) and the issues I had leading up to this week,” Drake said. “He put his complete trust in me that I’m the type of back they want me to be here and in this system. That gave me a lot of confidence to put my head down and grind and go out there like I know I am capable.”

For the season, Drake has 478 yards rushing on 105 carries – a 4.6 average – and four touchdowns.

daves likes this.
  15. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

The hags will watch the film too and see Isabella can't catch the ball so they won't have to worry about him.....

:D

BritCard likes this.