Wk 10-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams PreGame Thread. 11/07/22-11/12/22

Reaction score
I’m waiting for the “I have a good feeling about this week for no reason but I just do I feel like we’re gonna pull it out” posts that inevitably come lol…..

I have a good feeling about this week. I do just feel like we will pull this one off for change. We might just have turned that corner & the light has finally come on. Praise (insert name of choice here)!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t have used a Justin Houston on the edge for this woeful pass rush. the Ravens were idiots to grab that guy!

I mean, after all, people said repeatedly there was no one the Cards could have brought in at OLB this off-season… despite the plethora of options, both pricey and cheap that hit the market.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or, if we are “lucky”, Max Garcia instead of Smith. Rams also having iOL issues. Too bad Leki Fotu is just one small step behind Donald in terms of talent.

Smith is the least of the problems. I thought he played the best of the 3 on Sunday.

If it's me I'm playing Garcia at C (if back), Josh Jones at RG and Smith at LG and benching Price and Ford. They have both been terrible and Donald will eat them up. Jones and Garcia have experience playing the Rams and while neither have been great they have never been as bad as Ford and Price.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn’t have used a Justin Houston on the edge for this woeful pass rush. the Ravens were idiots to grab that guy!

I mean, after all, people said repeatedly there was no one the Cards could have brought in at OLB this off-season… despite the plethora of options, both pricey and cheap that hit the market.

Wasn't a single person here shouting we should sign 33 year old Justin Houston.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith is the worst of the problems. I thought he played the best of the 3 on Sunday.

If it's me I'm playing Garcia at C (if back), Josh Jones at RG and Smith at LG and benching Price and Ford. They have both been terrible and Donald will eat them up. Jones and Garcia have experience playing the Rams and while neither have been great they have never been as bad as Ford and Price.
Do you mean least?

I thought Smith looked decent this game?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you mean least?

I thought Smith looked decent this game?

Yes sorry changed. Yeah Smith looked solid.

Which makes you wonder what Kugler is seeing to make him play an obviously garbage Ford at LG over him. Or why Kliff let him.

Heck I'd start Smith at C over Price and he's only ever done that in preseason and practice.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

We still haven't heard a single mea culpa for that. Only Darksiders have to apologize when they're wrong on this board.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JFC, what a horrible trade. Keim's trade chops are absolutely gone. Plus, why TF beg the guy to come back? Admit you're wrong, let the dude retire, and move on.

What trade?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We still haven't heard a single mea culpa for that. Only Darksiders have to apologize when they're wrong on this board.

What would you like an apology for?

We had 2 sacks on Sunday. 3 vs the Vikings. 0 vs the Saints but they are one of the least sacked teams in the league. 5 sacks vs the Seahawks. 2 sacks vs the Eagles. 2 vs Panthers.

The first 2-3 games were bad. It's been getting better since.

Saints are the 16th ranked team with 2.4 sacks per game. Through the last 6 we have 2.33 sacks per game. It's been average and getting better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But there were a number of people--yourself included--saying there wasn't anyone else to sign and tooting the "the pass rush will be fine" horn. Why is it silent all of a sudden?

Nobody else good. Nobody, including you, thought 33 year old Justin Houston was a good option.

The one player we should have signed, and I said so when he was released, was Za'Darius Smith.

I guess Smith is happy he chose the Vikings right now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What would you like an apology for?

We had 2 sacks on Sunday. 3 vs the Vikings. 0 vs the Saints but they are one of the least sacked teams in the league. 5 sacks vs the Seahawks. 2 sacks vs the Eagles. 2 vs Panthers.

The first 2-3 games were bad. It's been getting better since.

Saints are the 16th ranked team with 2.4 sacks per game. Through the last 6 we have 2.33 sacks per game. It's been average and getting better.
The fact that you can't admit we're garbage with the pass rush is pathological. The lack of consistent pressure on opposing QBs has hurt this team immeasurably, especially with our soft defensive scheme. But, carry on thinking we're just fine in this arena.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson