Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Tennessee Titans Pre Game thread Sept 6 - Sept 11, 2021

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goooooo cardinals hopin oline creates runnin lanes and protects murray....

huge test for dline corners hope one up to task....

Least cards won a sbowl in my madden 22 ps5 franchise lol

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just don’t have a good feeling for this game, especially how the offense looked albeit in limited snaps. Wish we had Bishop Sycamore for our first game

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish that we show a good game, concentrated, without many dumb mistakes or dumb fouls. A good O, D and ST and no injuries. If we than loose, I wouldd be okay with it

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hicks to have a major role? Blech! Why TF did we draft 2 ILBers if we're still going to have Mr. Concrete Shoes playing a major role?
It’s really not rocket science that Simmons is extremely versatile and will be moved around I’m guessing especially on 1st and 2nd downs.

We are down a CB. Makes sense to me. Now if they have him out and in coverage on 3rd down then it’s a problem.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AJB admitted this last year he played the entire year with a meniscus tear. Go look at what he did. Serious production on low targets.

As for Henry. Remember last year TN was without both starting OT for most of the year. OT are both back and the OL is way deeper than last year. I bet we see unbalanced lines to pound Watt and Jones like we did to Watt last year in Houston. As the game went on Watt fades and Henry gets better. Henry got 2000 with scrubs at OT. He put over 200 twice on the JJ Watt Houston team. Close to 500 yards for the season.

JJ Watt is a good player but he is not what he used to be. We saw it last few years. As for your secondary on TN 3 WR set. Lots of luck. I would have told you that with Butler. He is scrappy. Remember this year's TN 11 personal package with AJB, JJ, and Josh Reynolds with Firsker automatically means 7 in the box for Henry. He has killed teams with 8 ad 9 in the box for two years. Cannot imagine what he may do in the run and screen game with that grouping. Last year he killed Watt with a 70 yd screen. Lots of luck with that.

I'm beyond interested to see how Budda Baker deals with the physicality and size of Henry and the shiftiness of Firkser on third downs in the seams when Henry has a light box.

If you think thahis TN D was like last year you're in for a rude awakening too. The D is better upfront and in the secondary. Simmons is a beast and always requires a double team and Autry is a nice addition from Indy next to him. A lot of depth in both places. I think TN DL on your OL is the biggest mismatch that will manifest early. I think TN WR on your secondary will show up with explosive plays. All 3 starting WR's are explosive.

If you had a run game and TE you'd be tough to deal with TOP. Kingbury O does not control clock and we do with Henry. Big deal in the humidity and heat. The rookie WR Moore you guys got is going to be a good player. I think his match-up with Molden and Farley will be interesting. We know a lot of DHop and his hands but his wheels do not scare us. He is a chain mover. He was scarier with Watson than with Murray because Watson would throw over the D.

Vrabel knows how to deal with a Murray type since we face two better runners twice the last two years in Lamar Jackson and Watson. I think the physicality of Autry and Simmons is going to be a big factor. Not sure what to make out of Chandler Jones since he has been out and pissed off. The rookie LB and Simmons have to tackle an RB bigger than both of them all day long. Isiah Simmons I expect to help the CB out.

Should be a good physical game and close. I think turnovers will be the key in the heat. Lots of wet balls. I expect it to be lower scoring than most think. I also think the AZ D is going to be gassed in the 4th Q in 90 plus heat with high humidity. That is when the King comes to feast.

I like your WR's and QB but I think Simmons and Autry are gonna harm your OL. 24-21 TN.ler

Wow!

This dynasty in the making can only score 24 and beat the lowly Cards by 3.... :thewave:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Indeed. And Collins has about 40lbs on Attwater.

This will be a different test for Henry. At 6'3" and 247lbs he outsizes most modern linebackers. Collins has 10+lbs and 2 inches on him which is a different story.
Yeah I forget just how big Collins is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The only collision that has me worried is baker - Henry. It’s one thing for baker to missile into a normal back. Henry is just a different beast though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only collision that has me worried is baker - Henry. It’s one thing for baker to missile into a normal back. Henry is just a different beast though.
I’m more worried with the threat of Henry. With Bakers overall lack of coverage skills and our depleted lack of experience in our CB crew.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow!

This dynasty in the making can only score 24 and beat the lowly Cards by 3.... :thewave:

The Brown meniscus thing is true but deceiving. he had surgery on BOTH knees after playing the year with meniscus tears in both. But they weren't complete tears they were small tears the doctors said he had "cleanup" surgery on both. Not saying it's not serious and Brown said he was told week 2 it would probably end his season and chose to play and not have the surgery but it wasn't like he played the whole year unable to run. He should be healthier this year for sure.

Reaction score
I remember when ASFN was a friendly place for visiting fans who came to talk football and weren’t trolling . . .

Huh? Imo the response was equal to the post was it not? Titans were superior in every way shape & form is what I gathered from Sal. Is that not the way you saw it?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Huh? Imo the response was equal to the post was it not? Titans were superior in every way shape & form is what I gathered from Sal. Is that not the way you saw it?
I saw it as a fan coming on here and breaking down the game. Was he a homer? Sure. But he wasn’t a troll like we get at times. ASFN used to be a pretty welcoming place. Doesn’t feel much like that lately.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw it as a fan coming on here and breaking down the game. Was he a homer? Sure. But he wasn’t a troll like we get at times. ASFN used to be a pretty welcoming place. Doesn’t feel much like that lately.

I think everyone has been polite no? They are simply commenting how when you read the massive homerism about how great and dominant they will be in every area and then you hit the score and it's 24-21 it's pretty funny.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was tongue in cheek when I said "get this man in an asylum." just playful banter, dont get worked up Ouchie.

The Titans poster is welcome to continue to post and I hope he hangs around to learn about the Cardinals. Lesson #1 for El Sal: the rookie LB will not be tackling an RB bigger than him all day long. Zaven has an inch and 22 pounds on Henry! still will have his work cut out for him though.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local newspaper says Cards game is picked to air Sunday here since the Crowboys already played... so screw Sunday Ticket for another week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson