Wills vs Wirfs

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Neither of those guys played LT, I'm shocked at these mocks putting wills and wirfs over thomas.
Prior to the combine wirfs was borderline 1st round. Underware Olympics shouldnt outweigh game performance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have two pre-combine draft magazines putting him in at least the top-15 players, as a top-3 OT, and easily in the conversation.

I like Thomas a lot too, but when we need an RT more than an LT, Wirfs is an alluring fit.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Neither of those guys played LT, I'm shocked at these mocks putting wills and wirfs over thomas.
Prior to the combine wirfs was borderline 1st round. Underware Olympics shouldnt outweigh game performance.

I agree that Thomas has the most value as a proven LT, at least in the college ranks, but Wills is probably a good RT and Wirfs is probably a good guard at the least... but is a good RT or G worth a top ten pick, maybe for the Cardinals they are

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Tua is left handed so they had Wills protecting his blind side

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do we draft the best lineman or the guy who will be best opposite DJ?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I still think the interior of the line needs to be fixed as well.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I didn't realize Sweezy was a DL until he got drafted by Seahawks.

Seattle Seahawks[edit]
Coming out of NC State, Sweezy wasn't a highly sought after draft prospect at defensive tackle. Seattle Seahawks' offensive line coach Tom Cable set up a private workout with Sweezy and evaluated his footwork and physical strength. Cable, who had successfully converted defensive lineman to offensive lineman throughout his career, thought Sweezy had the tools and ability to successfully transition to an NFL offensive lineman. After agreeing to switch to the offensive line the Seahawks drafted him in the seventh round of the 2012 NFL Draft, reuniting him with former NC State teammate, Russell Wilson.[6][7]

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't know who we are going to take but for those who think Humphries is good and point to the SF games as proof...here you go.

I went back and watched both games on NFL Game Pass (still free).

First game - DJ at LT and Pugh at RT
Second game - DJ at LT and Murray at RT

Humphries got dominated the first game:

8 pressures/beats
1 sack
1 almost sack (Bosa/Ford) - Ford got the sack but Bosa was going to if not (it was ugly)
1 holding penalty
1 false start penalty

Second 49er game:
8 pressures/beats
1 TFL
Huge pressure that created a sack in biggest moment of the game. 3min to go, Third and Five, and we are up 26-23. Bosa dominates him off the snap and Kyler has to get out of the way an ends up getting sacked. We give up the ball and SF scores a TD to win.

If we draft an OT...they better be able to play LT in a year or 2.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know who we are going to take but for those who think Humphries is good and point to the SF games as proof...here you go.

I went back and watched both games on NFL Game Pass (still free).

First game - DJ at LT and Pugh at RT
Second game - DJ at LT and Murray at RT

Humphries got dominated the first game:

8 pressures/beats
1 sack
1 almost sack (Bosa/Ford) - Ford got the sack but Bosa was going to if not (it was ugly)
1 holding penalty
1 false start penalty

Second 49er game:
8 pressures/beats
1 TFL
Huge pressure that created a sack in biggest moment of the game. 3min to go, Third and Five, and we are up 26-23. Bosa dominates him off the snap and Kyler has to get out of the way an ends up getting sacked. We give up the ball and SF scores a TD to win.

If we draft an OT...they better be able to play LT in a year or 2.

Oh wow Nick Bosa had good games.

you should do a post on how Khalil Mack is hard to block.

Hump played well in both those games. I’ll take it. The talent gap on these two teams was really big and we hung tough both games

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Oh wow Nick Bosa had good games.

Hump played well in both those games. I’ll take it. The talent gap on these two teams was really big and we hung tough both games

It wasn't just Bosa.

Wrong. Watch the games.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Dude...I am not talking about our "offense". This thread is about Wills vs Wirfs and I am talking about our LT/the importance of drafting an OT that can also play LT for reasons stated above.

Re-watch the 1st QTR of the 1st SF game with a focus on Humphries and then come back here and discuss (I would love your feedback).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Speaking of prospects..... Maybe we should be looking hard as Josh Uche from Michigan since he seemed to produce the worst film of the year for both Wirfs & Wills.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Speaking of prospects..... Maybe we should be looking hard as Josh Uche from Michigan since he seemed to produce the worst film of the year for both Wirfs & Wills.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Again, might just interest me but I don't understand why people say Andrew Thomas isn't athletic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave