William Powell

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
looked really good. I don't understand why we didn't go to him more late in the game, particularly in overtime. I don't think he was even on the field for that last drive.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked great till he got kolb killed cus he didnt know the play

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

That didn't hurt as bad (probably hurt if you're Kevin Kolb) as LSH dropping the screen pass. We still were able to tie the game and should have won it at the end even with Double Deuce at QB.

But that's what you get when you are forced into using guys like Powell and LSH instead of Wells and RWilliams.

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
Hyphen should not been in there to drop the pass, Powell should have been.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score

That didn't get Kolb killed. It did ruin the play, but Kolb put himself at risk when he tried to make something out of it instead of curling into the fetal position.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
I dunno, but as stated above.. Hyphen killed us with that drop... the play would have netted massive yardage

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyphen should not been in there to drop the pass, Powell should have been.

Prob didnt trust powell after he got kolb killed. Gotta know the play.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That didn't get Kolb killed. It did ruin the play, but Kolb put himself at risk when he tried to make something out of it instead of curling into the fetal position.

Was supposed to be a draw play. He messed it up end result kolb hurt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looked really good. I don't understand why we didn't go to him more late in the game, particularly in overtime. I don't think he was even on the field for that last drive.

Because he screwed up in the 4th quarter leading to Kolb's injury and Whiz didn't trust him.

I agree he ran well.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

Really? You really do hate Kolb don't you? :mulli: We would've never even had a shot at a W if Kolb wasn't running & scrambling for his life today IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was supposed to be a draw play. He messed it up end result kolb hurt.

I love these guys when Kolb protects the ball like that they call him afraid, when he doesn't it's his fault he gets hurt?

That was on Powell.

Kolb wasn't good today at all throwing the ball but he kept plays alive ran the ball well and as Skelton saw it's not easy with this crappy OL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Really? You really do hate Kolb don't you? :mulli: We would've never even had a shot at a W if Kolb wasn't running & scrambling for his life today IMO.

Fact

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LSH is garbage. The Dallas game is the last time I remember him making an impact on the field.

I hate to say it, cuz I love me some hyphen, but it seems his days of usefulness have largely come to a close. When they moved the kickoff up that was all she wrote for the lil fella.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I love these guys when Kolb protects the ball like that they call him afraid, when he doesn't it's his fault he gets hurt?

That was on Powell.

Kolb wasn't good today at all throwing the ball but he kept plays alive ran the ball well and as Skelton saw it's not easy with this crappy OL.

Agree the injury was on Powell and agree that Kolb was not good today. We need to upgrade at both QB and across the offensive line.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LSH is garbage. The Dallas game is the last time I remember him making an impact on the field.

He is not garbage. The league moved the kickoff closer so a big part of his value was greatly diminished. You also fail to realize his value on covering kicks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree the injury was on Powell and agree that Kolb was not good today. We need to upgrade at both QB and across the offensive line.

Kolb had some rough spots. But get him a real oline and you can absolutely win with him.

OP
OP
New Mexico

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score

Not hardly. He's a very good third down back and a great special team's player. His value has been really diminished though since the rule change that pushed kickoffs up, because now most result in touchbacks. He was a great returner before the rule change. I still like him. He's not an every down back, though. Will be very disappointed if he gets as many carries as Powell next week.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The one thing is he didn't do much to help himself, change plays at the LOS etc in previous games, today he did by running.

But he had crucial mistakes by teammates, the deep ball to Roberts I'm still not sure how he didn't catch that it seemed right there but I'm not sure he even touched it? The drop by Hyphen, stupid play by Powell all of those plays were killers too.

Obviously the picks by Kolb and Skelton and the miss by Feely killed us as well.

Mauia's stupid penalty and then my god very next play Batiste gets a penalty. I keep thinking he'll sette in and get better but you can see why he's been released so many times, he's not good enough to start in the NFL.