Will be updating ASFN forum software.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have been getting smilies on top of the posts as shown in the picture. It covers parts of the posts so that I have a difficult time reading what is posted underneath it. I can't seem to remove it to be able to read what is under it? Any help or suggestions with moving it out of the way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-111819.png
    Screenshot_20210730-111819.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 3

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been getting smilies on top of the posts as shown in the picture. It covers parts of the posts so that I have a difficult time reading what is posted underneath it. I can't seem to remove it to be able to read what is under it? Any help or suggestions with moving it out of the way?

Those come up when you click LIKE, which is just below the middle 2 smilies on that row. You may not notice you press it but if you press or click LIKE and hold it for a second then those 5-6 smilies come up. If you press/click LIKE again then they should go away.

Edit, I just double checked. Click just above those smilies and they should go away rather than clicking like again.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thx. I don’t think that I clicked on “like“ to make them come up (at least not that I’m aware). I thought they were already there when I started reading the post. They have come up or been there on other random readings of posts in threads. I will try your suggestion the next time one comes up. Thx

i just clicked on the “like” button on your post above and those smilies did not show up. Just the regular old like button showed up on your post. So, are we talking the same thing?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx. I don’t think that I clicked on “like“ to make them come up (at least not that I’m aware). I thought they were already there when I started reading the post. They have come up or been there on other random readings of posts in threads. I will try your suggestion the next time one comes up. Thx

i just clicked on the “like” button on your post above and those smilies did not show up. Just the regular old like button showed up on your post. So, are we talking the same thing?

Yeah, hold down like for a second or two and those others should come up. Are you on mobile or a computer? If mobile then press and hold like if PC then click and hold down the mouse button.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It's seems clear to me that Shags has stopped reading this......

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Still having issues?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You know, it did happen once yesterday. I am not sure if it was on this website, or another one. I’m sorry, I can’t remember. But, that has been the only time since then , and, as I said, not sure it was this site?:rolleyes::blush:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you hover your cursor over the "like" button the "smilies" come up without clicking on them. This way you can select which "smilie" you want before clicking on it.

Maybe you accidentally had the cursor over the "like" button when they showed up?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
@admin, The site is catering (took long to post and load pages) in preseason. Are you sure the new site is prime time ready? How can I help? I can contribute a small amount to do my part. Please let me know.

Edit: I contributed and subscribed. Hope it helps/

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing in my formatting/editing bars work anymore. Everything is grayed out. I use chrome and am running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a. See below.

You must be registered for see images attach

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing in my formatting/editing bars work anymore. Everything is grayed out. I use chrome and am running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a. See below.

They are grayed out for me as well, but if you highlight the text that you want to edit and click on one of the icons, then the command works. For example, I am typing this now and clicked on the B and then the I and both worked. Have you actually tried clicking on one of icons?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are grayed out for me as well, but if you highlight the text that you want to edit and click on one of the icons, then the command works. For example, I am typing this now and clicked on the B and then the I and both worked. Have you actually tried clicking on one of icons?

Nothing works including when selected/highlighted. Even emojis don't work.

I'm going to try to clear cookies.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the spell check works and sometimes it doesn't want to underline the misspelled word. I'm not sure what triggers it when it doesn't work.

Another note, I'm not sure why the gifs don't work when I copy and paste.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here a few days ago, I got a warning about some work on the site. Since then, every once in a while (a couple of minutes ago, in fact), I get this error page, several times daily. These errors I get (including the red x in a square, still) seem to occur only on my phone, which I use probably about 90%of the time. The other one I use is my iPad, which I have not noticed it on (either error).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-080947.png
    Screenshot_20210831-080947.png
    273.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here a few days ago, I got a warning about some work on the site. Since then, every once in a while (a couple of minutes ago, in fact), I get this error page, several times daily. These errors I get (including the red x in a square, still) seem to occur only on my phone, which I use probably about 90%of the time. The other one I use is my iPad, which I have not noticed it on (either error).

I've seen this on desktop too. Usually a refresh fixes it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get this every once in a while. @Shaggy

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Posts per page: Still sucks.
No arrows in the bottom right for top or bottom of page: Still sucks.

An error fixed by refreshing: Minor inconvenience. :cool: