Wilks love fest with Edmonds?

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Literally all I have seen since preseason is they hand the ball to the guy and he runs directly into the teeth of the DL and gains 1-2 yards, I'm not seeing it...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I mean, since we have the worst group of WRs in the NFL (other than Fitz obviously and Kirk who is still learning the game), I don't mind putting Chase Edmunds out there. But not at the expense of David Johnson! Both can line up in a split backfield and after scanning how the defense is gonna defend this, one can motion out wide. That's exactly what the Bears did with their RBs to move the chains on 3rd and short. Not even having David Johnson on the field in this situation is a crime. I mean we could have just lined him up instead of Chad Williams to put stress on the Bears defense. Instead all they had to do is double Fitz and overload the LoS.

Btw this was the ideal down, distance and crucial situation in the game to do some quick play action with David Johnson and roll out Rosen. Worst case you have another try to gain 2 yards. Running a long developing counter play with a smaller RB was at least 50:50 to lose yardage. Inexcusable!
Split DJ out wide and leave Edmonds in backfield.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was the right call. The Cardinals haven't been able to block anyone in the run game. Teams are stacking the box daring the Cards to throw the ball. I don't think it mattered who the RB was, that play was doomed from the start.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
FWIW:

local sports radio, including station guys employed directly by the team (Wolfley and Calvisi) are just killing the coaching staff today

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ould-start-josh-rosen-quarterback/1399099002/

On third-and-2 at the Bears’ 42, someone decided it was a good time to give running back David Johnson some rest.

Johnson is the guy the Cardinals have said they are building around, the one they signed earlier this month to a three-year contract extension that included $24.6 million guaranteed.

Behind two points and facing third-and-2 with two minutes left is not a time when Johnson should be standing on the sideline watching the ball be handed to a rookie, Chase Edmonds.

“We have total confidence, Number 1, in Chase as well as David,” Wilks said. “I don’t think it really was who was in the game, I think it was penetration up front. Got to do a better job of blocking.”

Yes, they do. The Bears blew up the counter play and tackled Edmonds for a 3-yard loss. Maybe the same thing would have happened to Johnson, but we will never know because he was out of the game.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FWIW:

local sports radio, including station guys employed directly by the team (Wolfley and Calvisi) are just killing the coaching staff today

I am very critical of that station. I will give props to Bickley and Marrotta. They are putting some mustard on McCoy.

Reading the tea leaves, McCoy will be gone at bye week if offense doesn't look like an NFL offense.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I am very critical of that station. I will give props to Bickley and Marrotta. They are putting some mustard on McCoy.

Reading the tea leaves, McCoy will be gone at bye week if offense doesn't look like an NFL offense.

Didn't Leftwhich call plays sometime during the preseason last year? Let him take over for McCoy and see what happens. It couldn't get worse could it?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am waiting for a Ryan Leaf “knock it off” explosion. It won’t JUST be like Denny Green’s explosion because this guy is wound really tight. I see an eruption of historical proportions. Like Hal McCrae of the Royals

Why? Have you ever watched his pressers from the Carolina days to this point, the guy has reserve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard