Wildcard weekend gameday thread 1-15/1-16-2022

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was curious so I looked it up....Karras on the Pats has an Uncle named Alex Karras who played many years in the NFL. Alex also played Mongo in Blazing Saddles.
Alex Karras was a bad man. Great player. Also played the dad on Webster with Gil rl wife as the mom.

I liked him his short time on MNF too.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was curious so I looked it up....Karras on the Pats has an Uncle named Alex Karras who played many years in the NFL. Alex also played Mongo in Blazing Saddles.
Alex Karras was a helluva player for the Lions. Also worked MNF during some of its glory years.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he was suspended a year for gambling ( maybe with Paul Hornug?).

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our safeties are great tacklers and excel in run support but do not have the nose for the ball. Baker, J Thompson, D Thompson, Banjo, Washington, none of them does. Have not seen enough Wiggins to tell at this moment.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Highmark Stadium doesn’t have an heated field. That’s bad in an open stadium and cold weather.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alex Karras also played himself in “Paper Lion” which also starred Alan Alda as George Plimpton. It was based on a true story in which sportswriter Plimpton posed as a qb in camp with Detroit. The movie also features some real game footage including Cardinal Jim Hart getting injured in a game against the Lions. I saw it when I was a kid and a young Card fan. I gotta check and see if it’s streaming anywhere..Also, Alex Karras wrote a memoir called “even Big Guys Cry” about his life in football.