Why will Murray fail?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
College super team? OU wouldn't even be second best team in the SEC.
I know, they are now arguing from both sides of the fence. Kyler sucks bc OU was best team ever! Kyler sucks bc OU would’ve been the fourth best team in the SEC! Ooooookay.

When the hate makes the arguments irrational I don’t even know how to keep responding.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
True but neither does the Atlanta Falcons have the ability to run KK’s offense, do they? ABSOLUTELY NO TEAM HAS THE “FLEXIBILITY” AS YOU’RE DEFINING IT. Each team has to maximize (go all in) for their specific system. Then a good coach remains flexible within his system - which is what KK is somewhat renowned for. Think Belicheck can be flexible to run KK’s offense? Of course not. That’s a ridiculous statement.

I actually think that the Pats can run both offenses. Tom Brady threw the ball 40+ times in four games last year, and dropped back fewer than 32 times another four games. I think we've seen the McVay's system is remarkably flexible; they can rely on Goff or the run game.

I guess I don't understand what distinction you're making about going "all in" then. Did the Cards go "all in" with Wilks? What about Arians? Are they more or less all in with Kingsbury? Can you be halfway all in?

I know, they are now arguing from both sides of the fence. Kyler sucks bc OU was best team ever! Kyler sucks bc OU would’ve been the fourth best team in the SEC! Ooooookay.

When the hate makes the arguments irrational I don’t even know how to keep responding.

I'm pretty sure you can be a loaded team in a crappy conference. Let's check in on Florida Atlantic.

Where are the people saying Kyler sucks? Can you point them out to me?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who are these people? His current coach and teammates? I wonder how the people he bailed on at TAMU feel about him?

Physical preparation is one thing; mental preparation is another. What makes the difference in the best quarterbacks isn't physical ability, it's the way they can diagnose a defense instantaneously and carve it up.

Paradoxically, this is why physical phenoms historically have struggled over the long-term in the NFL. Their ability to read and react to defenses doesn't develop quickly because they're running themselves out of trouble.

The heartsick bleating of Murray stans is baffling to me. Murray is a nice prospect, but he's a quantum leap below Andrew Luck a few years ago. It's not impossible to understand why people could have concerns. You can think that Murray is a tremendous risk (or a moderate one — if he fails he's not going to set the franchise back a decade) and also think that the reward is remarkable. Not everyone needs to love your boy.

Heartsick bleating? LOL ok boss, I'd argue Team Murray is actually gloating and the rest of you are crying for the whambulance.

Google Texas A&M and Murray, which I dont think you have because like other anti-Murray people, I'm seeing a startling lack of research or informed insight.

You'll read how Sumlin jerked around all of his QBs there and didnt even tell which QB who was starting face to face.

Gone are the days of loyalty. College QBs have a very narrow window to play and build their stock for the draft and if you end up in a poo situation, you transfer. Dozens of guys do it every year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I actually think that the Pats can run both offenses. Tom Brady threw the ball 40+ times in four games last year, and dropped back fewer than 32 times another four games. I think we've seen the McVay's system is remarkably flexible; they can rely on Goff or the run game.

I guess I don't understand what distinction you're making about going "all in" then. Did the Cards go "all in" with Wilks? What about Arians? Are they more or less all in with Kingsbury? Can you be halfway all in?

I'm pretty sure you can be a loaded team in a crappy conference. Let's check in on Florida Atlantic.

If Murray doesnt work out, you move on and find a new guy. Were the Redskins set back by RGIII? They gave up significantly more draft capital to get him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Heartsick bleating? LOL ok boss, I'd argue Team Murray is actually gloating and the rest of you are crying for the whambulance.

Google Texas A&M and Murray, which I dont think you have because like other anti-Murray people, I'm seeing a startling lack of research or informed insight.

You'll read how Sumlin jerked around all of his QBs there and didnt even tell which QB who was starting face to face.

Gone are the days of loyalty. College QBs have a very narrow window to play and build their stock for the draft and if you end up in a **** situation, you transfer. Dozens of guys do it every year.
I'm fine with the understanding of what happened here, and why he transferred... but not the people who say he's always, unequivocally been the best guy on the field. If he was, Sumlin would have had no choice.

If Murray doesnt work out, you move on and find a new guy. Were the Redskins set back by RGIII? They gave up significantly more draft capital to get him.
They were set back enough... they haven't won anything of note. The only reason they ended up not being absolutely crushed was because they'd already happened to draft the better guy in the same draft.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

People seem to forget too a few years back the Pat's had this super high octane high scoring offense may actually have set the record for if I remember so after a undeafted season what happened that's right they lost a Super Bowl to the Giants the point here is offense is fun but defense still wins Championships

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I guess I don't understand what distinction you're making about going "Allen then.”
How’s Brady gonna fare in the RPO? Oh right, he can’t execute that with any real effectiveness. And again I think you’re misunderstanding KK’s offense if all you think is it’s a chuck it all the time offense.

As for being all in it’s about getting the coach the tools he needs for his offense. Yeah I’d say we went all in with Arians when we drafted guys like smoke and Nelson so he could no risk it no biscuit down the field and a guy like DJ who was going to be a great pass catcher. I don’t think we went all in on wilks (thank god).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Gone are the days of loyalty. College QBs have a very narrow window to play and build their stock for the draft and if you end up in a **** situation, you transfer. Dozens of guys do it every year.
Yeah it’s a new age. Players transfer in multitudes now. It sucks, but it’s not unusual. And after reading what went down at A&M I’m not shocked that I agree with Krang.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok how many Super Bowl games have all these QBs that were so called dual threat won try Zero
Steve Young won 3. Best true dual threat QB i've ever seen. These days the term dual threat usually means a QB who can scramble and make wow plays everywhere except for in the pocket.

Young was exceptional all over the field with his arm, legs and diagnosis.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

What are you gloating about? Murray hasn’t taken a pro snap yet. You can be excited without being an A-hole about it. You’re going to look pretty silly if Murray fails to transform the NFL.

Am I crying or relaying the concerns expressed by placed like Footballs outsiders and others? I get that you have the zeal of the converted; I’m just saying that it’s worth considering that the guy who just drafted your guy has screwed up every other first round pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
People seem to forget too a few years back the Pat's had this super high octane high scoring offense may actually have set the record for if I remember so after a undeafted season what happened that's right they lost a Super Bowl to the Giants the point here is offense is fun but defense still wins Championships

That’s a cliche. Or don’t you remember the eagles super bowl where offense reigned? The better team in the given day wins super bowls. Sometimes the defense dominates and sometimes the offense. Platitudes from yesteryear need not apply.

Besides, wth does defense have to do with KK’s offense or Murray?

And finally, have we dumbed down the conversation to the point that we are now equating KK’s offense to any high scoring offense?!? Am I wrong in reading this post this way?

I have no issue with people if they want to criticize Kk’s offense, but my god do some basic research so you understand it and can talk intelligently about it first.

I keep reading Kk’s Offense doesn’t do this or doesn't use that. But one year his primary weapon was a TE. Another it was a rb. Another it was slot receivers. Another it was outside receivers. If that doesn’t show flexibility I don’t know what does.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
That’s a cliche. Or don’t you remember the eagles super bowl where offense reigned? The better team in the given day wins super bowls. Sometimes the defense dominates and sometimes the offense. Platitudes from yesteryear need not apply.

And finally, have we dumbed down the conversation to the point that we are now equating KK’s offense to any high scoring offense?!? Am I wrong in reading this post this way?

I have no issue with people if they want to criticize Kk’s offense, but my god do some basic research so you understand it and can talk intelligently about it first.

I keep reading Kk’s Offense doesn’t do this or doesn't use that. But one year his primary weapon was a TE. Another it was a rb. Another it was slot receivers. Another it was outside receivers. If that doesn’t show flexibility I don’t know what does.
I'm not saying it wont succeed but it wont be over night and if last year is any indication the front office may not give it much btw the Super Bowl I was talking about was 2008 the year before the Cards went AND SHOULD HAVE WON

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Steve Young won 3. Best true dual threat QB i've ever seen. These days the term dual threat usually means a QB who can scramble and make wow plays everywhere except for in the pocket.

Young was exceptional all over the field with his arm, legs and diagnosis.
Didnt he have to retire because of concussion concerns though?

Last edited:

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah but he played forever, and he took an absolute beating his first 20 gm's in Tampa (sacked 70 times) and survived. Durability wasn't really an issue for most of his career.
He was the model most teams should try for Damn I hated him so much for whipping the Cards all the time

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I'm just having a giggle at the fact this thread is 14 pages long.......AFTER the draft! :lmao:
Is kinda strange but hey at least the Whole KK/Murray scene is bout the only entertainment going on right now cept fir the Stl Cards which ain't to bad btw how are the Dbacks btw

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

Defense may not win championships but it sure as hell can lose them remember how far the Steelers had to go to beat Us in 2009

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not saying it wont succeed but it wont be over night and if last year is any indication the front office may not give it much btw the Super Bowl I was talking about was 2008 the year before the Cards went AND SHOULD HAVE WON
Oh I agree completely there’s no way all the new pieces have immediate success. This is going to take some time to implement and figure out who can play and who can’t and what works and what doesn’t. But I think it’ll be a fun trial period.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What are you gloating about? Murray hasn’t taken a pro snap yet. You can be excited without being an A-hole about it. You’re going to look pretty silly if Murray fails to transform the NFL.

Am I crying or relaying the concerns expressed by placed like Footballs outsiders and others? I get that you have the zeal of the converted; I’m just saying that it’s worth considering that the guy who just drafted your guy has screwed up every other first round pick.

I'm not actually gloating. I'm just being a dick because you are being a dick. :)

Murray is the biggest gamble this team has ever taken...well maybe second biggest after Kingsbury. I'm glad the team went for exciting instead of boring. Josh Rosen was boring.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm not actually gloating. I'm just being a dick because you are being a dick. :)

Murray is the biggest gamble this team has ever taken...well maybe second biggest after Kingsbury. I'm glad the team went for exciting instead of boring. Josh Rosen was boring.

'*****', we have enough Williams on this team in Chad and Brandon :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson