Why I’m not too upset

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by slanidrac16, Nov 10, 2019.

1. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

After last year my thoughts and I believe most of you was hoping for improvement and to field a more entertaining team. I believe we’ve done that.

In true human nature when we enjoy a little success we come to expect it to be the norm. We’re getting there. We are experiencing growing pains.

We have a quarterback. We have a very good young receiver. Our o-line is playing better than we hoped. We have a fg kicker. We have an offense that is very capable of moving the ball and with 1 or 2 additional pieces could become VERY good. We’ve been competitive in just about every east coast trip. We are getting answers to questions we might not like, I.e. David Johnson but we now have Drake ( and Edmonds).

Yes we have problems. Especially on defense. Personally I really can’t tell you exactly what we need but I do know we cannot win with a defense that is successful 66% of the time. ( two out of three downs). Is it scheme? Is it linebackers? D-line? D-backs or a combination?

This team is playing hard and there seems to be no quit. We have a coach that takes responsibility for failure and appears to be learning.

So am I disappointed today? Yes. We all knew we weren’t a playoff team. There is a fine line between winning and losing and we are WAY closer to that line today than we were last year. It’s okay to be pissed off today. But if you are feeling blue take a look back at November 10th 2018. You should feel a little better.

2. SeattleCard

SeattleCard Back in Arizona!!!

We weren't going to make the playoffs this year... so I'm not as upset honestly. However, I did want to beat Arians. Oh well.. too many mistakes. Next year could be our year to challenge however.

3. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Steamin Willy Beaman

Top 5-10 pick in a draft stacked with Quarterbacks. Either the QB’s will be drafted at the top, leaving players at positions of need on the board or we trade down. I am extremely disappointed in the play of several veterans, but the young players are leading the team

Cardsfaninlouky and Cardiac like this.
  4. FB94

FB94 Registered

very short term, I am disappointed as this was a game we should have won. Big picture we are making strides especially on offense. We still have growing pains with things but it’s so much better to watch than McCoys so called offense. I really thought offense side of the ball would be a bigger need in 2020, but we need some difference makers on defense next year. If our defense was just NFL middle of the pack, we would have a winning record

daves, Cardiac and Mainstreet like this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I can see why some are excited, but I'm not there yet. After last week I was feeling pretty good, after today I don't. At the end of the day, I need to feel like we can win against any decent team any week within reason, and we just can't hang on against even the worst of competition. I know a lot of you are hanging your hat on moral victories and being able to move the ball, but our defense has regressed, and we still have a ton of major holes.

I just don't see how we fill them with Keim, and coaching across the board has me very concerned.

BW52, PJ1 and SoonerLou like this.
  6. SoCal Cardfan

SoCal Cardfan Registered

I haven't been this pissed off about a loss in over 2 years.

I really wanted to lay a beating on Arians.

We should have won by 17 or more.

Cardsfaninlouky, PJ1 and slanidrac16 like this.
  7. slanidrac16

I agree and I feel your pain. But last year, with all the mistakes we made today we would have lost 40 to 10.

nashman, Crimson Warrior and FB94 like this.
  8. slanidrac16

I hear you brother. Tampa has one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. This offense needs piece or two but this off season is going to be all about defense.

daves, nashman and Crimson Warrior like this.
  9. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Solar 7, your post seems to makes sense. But then I remembered so many of your posts at the time of the Draft, so now I'm not sure.

b8rtm8nn and Cardiac like this.
  10. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

A loss is a loss. But on the last play of the game, there was PI on TB, and the officials just ignored it. Another black eye for NFL officiating.

11. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

That was Saints-level atrocious.

Why would anyone want to put a beating on Bruce? Win, sure, but he didn't wrong us at all.

daves, Matt L, Finito and 1 other person like this.
  12. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Very good points. Since the move to AZ, have the Cardinals EVER been able to be competitive when coming east? Even with Warner, a HOF'er, we got throttled when we had to play at 10 am on the east coast. Some on this board still haven't totally come to grips that they were wrong about Murray, and that's OK. How else can you explain even being remotely critical of his 324 yard, 3 touchdown performance yesterday? That, with multiple drops, constantly under duress, no running game, and perhaps the worst Cardinal defense that I have seen in my 55+ years of watching this franchise? By seasons end, Murray will obliterate every Cardinal rookie QB record. I can't even imagine how good he can be if we shore up the weaknesses I mentioned. Other than Lomax, we have never had a young, stud, QBOF. And Murray is significantly more talented than Lomax ever could be. Not in our history. It took Jim Hart years to be even above average. I hope I'm around to watch every game this kid plays in his career.

b8rtm8nn, gimpy, CardNots and 3 others like this.
  13. Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist Registered

I don’t think that anyone is blaming Murray for the loss. Our defense is horrible. I agree with all of Slanidrac16’s points above in the original post.

It’s nice to hear KK take responsibility for the losses all the time regardless if it was his fault or not.

It got so tired of hearing Wilks after every loss insist that they had a great game plan it’s just that the players need to execute better. After. Every. Loss. Hell, even Arians would say that sometimes after a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 6:22 AM
    Crimson Warrior likes this.
  14. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

Great post Slan. Agree that, generally, we're seeing exactly what we needed to see from the offense this year.

And also agree that the defense has been especially disappointing. We have a historically bad pass defense, and fixing this in the offseason will determine if we make the playoffs next year.

daves likes this.
  15. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

I'm not sure if Murray should have thrown the ball that got picked PA. I mean I know I'm really, really being hard on him, and part of it was bad luck, but I just.. I don't know...

But You were right all along. You were there from the very beginning, you and Dr. Jones and juza. It wasn't that hard to see Kyler was exceptionally talented, but I'll give you props for having the guts to stand up to everyone who said we shouldn't use the first pick on a 5' 10" QB.

PACardsFan likes this.