Who's your candidate to take over as GM?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The 2007 win maybe but not the 2011 win.

Cruz, Bradshaw, Manningham, JPP, Linval Joseph, Amukamara, Phillips, Jacquan Williams, Aaron Ross, Hakeem Nicks, Pascoe, Will Beaty etc were all Reece draft picks.

And guys like Boley, Grant, Canty and Tynes were his FA signings.

It was only really the O line and Manning that were still Accorsi guys.
I saw a breakdown, draft by draft of how many high profile misses he had. It was very Keimian/Gravesian.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a breakdown, draft by draft of how many high profile misses he had. It was very Keimian/Gravesian.

Everyone does right?

Everyone crowing about Schneider's draft this year being like his 2011 draft and nobody mentions the 9 largely bad drafts in between.

He did draft OBJ, JPP, Nicks, Pugh, Aaron Ross, Richburg, Joseph, Cruz, Amukamara, Landon Collins etc and from what I've seen looking around the last couple of days Giants fans don't think they win in 2007 without his draft class of Boss, Smith and Bradshaw.

It's not terrible, but yes, there's no run of 3-4 great drafts but then that's rare.

Anyway, he ain't going to be our GM :)

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope whoever it is has a coherent vision of the type of team they want to build and execute it. Steve seemed to just make random moves in isolation that didn't make a ton of sense when all put together, because he was constantly plugging holes caused by not drafting well over a number of years.
THIS.

After Arians, The Keim teams never had ANY identity whatsoever. Was like a drunk throwing darts at a board.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They won 3 times as many games in the first half. 1-8 to finish the season. There’s no defense. Kliff has lost consistently - literally 100% - on the backside of every season he has EVER coached. No outliers. No exceptions to the rule. EVERY SINGLE SEASON.
Yup. This is no longer disputable. Trust me, I tried to for longer than I should have.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
A major problem with Reese is that he has been out of football since 2017. He is not current on players, changes, systems etc. You need a GM that can take over on day one and not be in a learning role.
Several on this board are jonesing for Lous Riddick and he's been out since 2013.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any GM that has experience and is available will have warts. Any hire that has never been a GM may not yet. I’m not saying I want Reece but my lord the nitpicking is crazy. The man won two super bowls in 10 years and it’s “yeah but this” or “yeah but that” . We sound like a bunch of 4’s that don’t understand why we aren’t sleeping with 10’s .

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest issue is imo, Michael is as clueless as can be and if he happens to decide on a quality GM, it will based on pure luck.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He joined the Ravens in 1998 as an area scout. He held that position for eight years before moving to a national scout from 2006-08.

From there, Hortiz was promoted to director of college scouting in 2009, a position he held until 2018. The following year he was named co-director of player personnel along with George Kokinis.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He joined the Ravens in 1998 as an area scout. He held that position for eight years before moving to a national scout from 2006-08.

From there, Hortiz was promoted to director of college scouting in 2009, a position he held until 2018. The following year he was named co-director of player personnel along with George Kokinis.
That ~24 years encompasses a lot of talent, I wonder how much he found/pushed for.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Hortiz from last year when he interviewed with the Giants.

From that year-old article:
“Joe almost never makes an evaluation mistake,” a Ravens official told The Post’s Ian O’Connor.
Since 2009, when Hortiz’s role expanded, the Ravens have drafted 16 Pro Bowlers and six First-Team All-Pros.
o_O
...dave

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I’ve been reading some Titan message boards and their fans seem to have very similar feeling about their GM search as we do. They have 2 in house candidates but no one wants to see either of them hired. They want to clean house and bring in someone from the outside. Ian Cunningham and Ran Carthon seem to be the consensus top two choices.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose