Who will start at RT?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So that's almost assuredly the end of Gilbert with the Cardinals; and probably his NFL career.
I get that he's had a history of injuries, and that he missed all of 2019... but he was apparently healthy and penciled in as the starting RT this season. The Cardinals shouldn't hold it against him that he's opting out in the high risk category this year. His contract tolls for a year, so assuming he's in good shape and ready to go in 2021, why not welcome him back with open arms? Always good to have depth on the O-line.

...dave

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their contract tolls, So this year would not count as a contract year

So is he under contract with the Cardinals next season? This is what it sounds like.

I think @daves just answered my question.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I can't think of a less productive FA signing. It's too bad. Not one play.

Who was the DL we signed from San Diego last year that got arrested in a strip club parking lot? That guy was probably worst, we paid him MUCH more and he was cut during camp costing us dead cap.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am sure we will start with Murray and Beachum battling initially. If I am being honest, I am not sure that Josh Jones doesn't end up at RG even though I know they will look at him as an OT initially.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who was the DL we signed from San Diego last year that got arrested in a strip club parking lot? That guy was probably worst, we paid him MUCH more and he was cut during camp costing us dead cap.

Was Philon paid a lot more than Gilbert? Either way, sometimes you roll craps. Highly productive, dependable stars don't often see free agency. Sometimes there's a cap cut a team doesn't want to make, but they usually end up with bidding wars on those players.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Was Philon paid a lot more than Gilbert? Either way, sometimes you roll craps. Highly productive, dependable stars don't often see free agency. Sometimes there's a cap cut a team doesn't want to make, but they usually end up with bidding wars on those players.
Philon's contract was 2yr - 10 million with 5 million guaranteed.

He has a 2mm cap hit this year.

So yes..... A lot more than Gilbert got from us this year. His cap hit is more this year than Gilbert's would have been if he never opted out. haha

Although..... We did assume the final year of his 5yr 30mm deal he had from the Steelers that ended last season.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's going to be Jones if he looks even close to the veterans. They are on 1 year deals, and he is the future.
What we don't know is the degree lack of OTA's helps or hurts the development of a rookie lineman.

We may think we know, but we're all traveling in uncharted waters. Who knows - maybe Jones is more receptive to playbook study while Murray responds better to physical reps.

Or not.

My gut tells me Jones.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So it looks like Kelvin Beachum will be the starter...Kliff said if they played today the job would be his.

it also appears the like Murray as a backup for both guard and tackle...Which leads me to believe Josh Jones may currently be 3rd on the depth chart. Hopefully he can learn a year on the sidelines and jump in next year.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Should be starting Beachum and Murray...with Jones as the swing OT this year.

Should have cut bum DJ and let him try to find a contract somewhere else. I would bet a mortgage payment that if he had become a FA he'd be playing for A LOT less this year.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Should have cut bum DJ and let him try to find a contract somewhere else. I would bet a mortgage payment that if he had become a FA he'd be playing for A LOT less this year.
Hope your mortgage is small, because I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The "bum" gave up two sacks in over 1000 snaps and we averaged 5.0 on the ground running mainly to the left.

Carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard