Who should the Dbacks Draft?!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though the MLB draft is such a crap shoot and 1 in 100 1st rounders make quick impacts, I am really excited about this draft. With that being said, I am glad we have a better GM in place for this draft with two picks.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Trevor Bauer or Dylan Bundy at 3, Francisco Lindor at 7.

I'd LOVE to see them get Bubba Sterling, but him being on the fence as to whether he wants to play baseball or football makes me kind of weary.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starling's agent is Scott Boras. Pretty sure that means the D-Backs will pretend he doesn't exist.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Starling's agent is Scott Boras. Pretty sure that means the D-Backs will pretend he doesn't exist.

D-Backs have a good relationship with Boras. Here is a list of current and former D-Backs who have Boras as their agent:
Tony Abreu
Willie Bloomquist
Stephen Drew
Carlos Gonzalez
Edwin Jackson
Ian Kennedy
Xavier Nady
Micah Owings
Max Scherzer
Scott Schoeneweis

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If it were just Boras, that is not a reason to take him off the board.. but...

Considering how dangerous he is to not sign + the Boras factor = Starling removed from the Dbacks draft board

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it were just Boras, that is not a reason to take him off the board.. but...

Considering how dangerous he is to not sign + the Boras factor = Starling removed from the Dbacks draft board

I agree, Starling is the one player in the top ten to stay away from as he really shows interest in playing qb for Nebraska. It will take a huge signing bonus for any team to get him.
I'm also not sure on RHP Archie Bradley as Oklahoma University also want him to play football (QB) and baseball for them. It would take a good contract to get him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the latest good news bad news on UCLA's RHP Trevor Bauer.
He pitched UCLA to a NCAA Championship Regional win over Fresno State 3 - 1. He struck out 14 giving him 203 for the year. He went 9 innings.
The bad news is he threw 133 pitches, which is normal for him. They are burning him out.

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting Kevin Towers said today on the Dbacks broadcast that Danny Hultzen could be selected in the first round because of his bat alone....

I knew he has been a pretty good hitter, but I didn't know THAT good...

I wonder if that is enough of a factor to give him the slight edge over Bauer (who it seems like is the other legit option)..

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
For what its worth, Keith Law's projections this morning have The Dbacks taking Bauer at 3, but with Archie Bradley jumping into the top 6, Hultzen slipping all the way to 7. Would be a real dream scenario.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison