Who likes more bad news? Barbosa/Elbow/Surgery

asudevil83

Reaction score
sounds like Barbosa may have gone under the knife back home.

pulled this from phxsuns.net

Leandrinho opera cotovelo esquerdo
Ala/armador passa por cirurgia após eliminação do Phoenix

Fonte: GLOBOESPORTE.COM

RIO DE JANEIRO - O ala/armador Leandrinho, do Phoenix Suns, passou por uma cirurgia no cotovelo esquerdo na última segunda-feira. A gravidade da lesão não foi divulgada pelos médicos do hospital onde o brasileiro foi operado.

Leandrinho, que sofreu uma nítida queda de rendimento nas semifinais da Conferência Oeste, precisou utilizar uma proteção especial no cotovelo durante as partidas, o que pode explicar os problemas dentro de quadra. No último fim de semana, o brasileiro amargou a eliminação de sua equipe, que caiu nos playoffs diante do San Antonio Spurs.

basically, elbow surgery last monday.

if anyone can do a real translation, that would be great.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
The wing/shipowner Leandrinho, of the Phoenix Suns, passed for a surgery in the left elbow in the last Monday. The gravity of the wound was not divulged by the doctors of the hospital where the Brazilian was operated.

Leandrinho, that suffered a sharp fall of performance in the semifinals of the Conference West, was necessary utilize a special protection in the elbow during the party, what can explain the problems inside block. In the last weekend, the Brazilian made bitter the elimination of his team, that fell us playoffs faced with the San Antonio Spurs.

...freetranslator.com

yeah basically sounds like he had surgery and we don't know how bad it was. free translators suck sometimes.

Cicart

Rookie
Reaction score
Hopefully this was minor and heals up nicely over the summer. The bad breaks just keep rollin in.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for national team play for Barbosa. This might be a good thing. He needs to work on shooting off the dribble.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we get an article from the states please?

Link?

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Why couldn't he have had surgery here in the States? Does it bother anyone else that it was done in Brazil?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why couldn't he have had surgery here in the States? Does it bother anyone else that it was done in Brazil?

Not really. My father in law keeps singing the praises of getting surgery done (medical, dental, etc.) in Mexico by American-trained doctors who charge pennies on the dollar.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh, andate to the excrement. This is going to them to break the ass, was disorientated.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe this is the reason he was shooting so poorly against the Spurs. We can only hope he comes back strong and plays even better next year. I'm still shocked at how everyone turned their back on Leo because he had a bad series. He is young. It's bound to happen.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe this is the reason he was shooting so poorly against the Spurs. We can only hope he comes back strong and plays even better next year. I'm still shocked at how everyone turned their back on Leo because he had a bad series. He is young. It's bound to happen.

Dated April 27th, 2007

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/88587

LOS ANGELES - Leandro Barbosa scored 52 points and confounded the Lakers with his quickness during the first two games of the series.

Imagine if he’d had been totally healthy.

Barbosa said he continues to be bothered by a bruised right (shooting) elbow that he injured late in the regular season. There is a fluid deposit in the elbow and Barbosa has been wearing a padded sleeve the past two weeks to help with the discomfort.

“It’s still bothering me, more when I shoot the 3’s that anything else,” he said. “During the games, I try not to think about it. But on the other days, I feel it a lot. It’s not getting any better.”

You wouldn’t be able to tell from his numbers. After ranking fifth in the NBA with 190 made 3-pointers this season, Barbosa was 6-for-15 (40 percent) in the first two games, then nailed his first two tries Thursday.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
i see, so LB was injured..
that's why his shooting sucked vs SA
So if we had more than an 8-man rotation (7 against everyone besides San Antonio), we wouldn't have had to depend on an injured LB.

Short-sighted coaching . . . and GM'ing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why am I not reading about the surgery and prognosis/ recovery in U.S. media?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Brazil is in the southern hemisphere, so from our perspective the surgery won't happen until tomorrow.

Is that right? Time zones go north south, not east west, so would we be in a similar time zone to South America?

EDIT: I mean time zones are relative to where you are with your longitude, not the latitude, so why would a country that is south of us be that different in time zone?

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought perhaps the surgery had already occurred. Anyway, before or after, there should be coverage.

mcgophers

Reaction score
Hope he recovers well. That probably explains some of his shooting in the Spurs series.

dcsunsfan

Reaction score
Is that right? Time zones go north south, not east west, so would we be in a similar time zone to South America?

EDIT: I mean time zones are relative to where you are with your longitude, not the latitude, so why would a country that is south of us be that different in time zone?

Time reverses when you're talking about hemispheres. That's why days are longer on the equator. So in fact, elindholm is correct about Barbosa's surgery not having happened yet as far as we're concerned. If it hasn't happened, it hasn't been reported on.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Time reverses when you're talking about hemispheres. That's why days are longer on the equator. So in fact, elindholm is correct about Barbosa's surgery not having happened yet as far as we're concerned. If it hasn't happened, it hasn't been reported on.

Whew, I'm glad someone got it.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Didn't you know there is a huge lookingglass at the equator so when you cross it you join Alice in wonderland? That probably explains Leandro's speed too - in wonderland you have to run as fast as you can just to stay in one place and you have to run twice that fast to actually get anywhere.

I'm sure that's what elindholm and dc are talking about.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard