Who do you want to be ASU's next football coach?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best coaches play the best players. I hope so too.

Agreed.

I wish I could be excited about the future of ASU football. Hiring an ESPN commentator as head coach did not do it for me. However, I can see a genuine excitement about the Sumlin hire in Tucson.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed.

I wish I could be excited about the future of ASU football. Hiring an ESPN commentator as head coach did not do it for me. However, I can see a genuine excitement about the Sumlin hire in Tucson.
Yep I agree with you in both accounts.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Agreed.

Sumlin is a legit hire. Edwards was so random and inexplicable...it just didn't/doesn't make sense. The probability of failure with the Edwards hire is so high that it's just dumbfounding. I hope for the best, but I'm for sure expecting the worst.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sumlin is a legit hire. Edwards was so random and inexplicable...it just didn't/doesn't make sense. The probability of failure with the Edwards hire is so high that it's just dumbfounding. I hope for the best, but I'm for sure expecting the worst.

My expectations are low for Edwards. Nothing would please me more to be wrong.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Herm making it known, get on the train or it moves on without you. Hamilton OL Hunter Mayginnes schollie was pulled when he did not sign a NLI and took a trip to UCLA last month. ASU needed OL and commits in general but Herm is not going to play games with these kids.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Herm making it known, get on the train or it moves on without you. Hamilton OL Hunter Mayginnes schollie was pulled when he did not sign a NLI and took a trip to UCLA last month. ASU needed OL and commits in general but Herm is not going to play games with these kids.

His coach got fired before NLI day. Don't blame him for waiting until February. He's not allowed to look at other schools? Kind of a dick move by Herm and doesn't help relations with Hamilton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His coach got fired before NLI day. Don't blame him for waiting until February. He's not allowed to look at other schools? Kind of a dick move by Herm and doesn't help relations with Hamilton.
Yeah kind of a stupid start for a new coach needing recruits and needing to build local reputation and connections.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah kind of a stupid start for a new coach needing recruits and needing to build local reputation and connections.

The messed up part is UCLA hasn't offered Mayginnes a schollie even after visit.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic on their chances to improve the class this year... Would love to see them grab Enis. I saw him play this year and man he's a beast! But his dad played at Penn State so I'd be surprised if he didn't end up there.

I'd like to see it. It would be a big signing.

Go Devils!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic on their chances to improve the class this year... Would love to see them grab Enis. I saw him play this year and man he's a beast! But his dad played at Penn State so I'd be surprised if he didn't end up there.
I'd like to see it. It would be a big signing.

Go Devils!
He is a PSU legacy but PSU signed like 4 stud receivers this year so Enis will have to share time more than likely or automatically start here opposite Harry.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
As far as recruiting goes...ASU ranked #11 in the Pac and #67 in the nation. Ouch.