Who do you want to be ASU's next football coach?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what Gambo said as well.

Does anyone have a list of the players signed today with ranking?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Sturges is a darn good RB! I’ve seen him play many times here in Texas. Hey he even went to HS that Graham was it’s first HC & now a National power!!! Many Allen kids have been Devils players & this is a good one.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my grad degrees at ASU. I hate this hire. Hate it. Obviously, if we go 12-1 and make the Playoffs in any of the next three years, I will gladly eat crow. But, i think 2-11 in 3 years is far more likely. Frigging old man blowhard who hasn't done jack squat EVER as a college coach. Cannot believe we sank to this. There is "outside the box" but there is also "outside the box and into the abyss".

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I got my grad degrees at ASU. I hate this hire. Hate it. Obviously, if we go 12-1 and make the Playoffs in any of the next three years, I will gladly eat crow. But, i think 2-11 in 3 years is far more likely. Frigging old man blowhard who hasn't done jack squat EVER as a college coach. Cannot believe we sank to this. There is "outside the box" but there is also "outside the box and into the abyss".
I don't know 1 ASU fan that was/is excited about Herm. 1st year is going to be very interesting...to say the least.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
The millenials won't listen to Hermy. A neighbor of mine has a child working in the AD's office. I had to email YouTube links of Herm's famous rants, because half the office had never heard of the guy.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The millenials won't listen to Hermy. A neighbor of mine has a child working in the AD's office. I had to email YouTube links of Herm's famous rants, because half the office had never heard of the guy.
These recruits are younger than Millennials, so even worse...lol

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Some people would say most of Herm's NFL teams were merely practicing on Sundays. :D These kind of shenanigans might work at Abalama, because Nick is busy winning that ugly-ass trophy every year. But it ain't gonna work at a mid-level Pac-12 school.

I don't see this working out. Reference my earlier post about millenials. I can see this scenario play out more than once:

HS phenom: "Hey 4-star, how it been so far as ASU? Once of their assistants called me last week."

4-star: "Well, they told me I was gonna start at WR since their other guys left. Now this new coach tells me I might not have a starting job."

HS Phenom: "Wow, that sucks. They told me the same thing."

4-star: "Yeah. Now I gotta schlep it out there on Sunday, when I should be in the library, and compete against some dude who's been through more jucos than I can count."

HS phenom: "And this guy named 'Ray A' called me and said that me coming to ASU would really help fill up the athletic department's bank account."

4-star: "Sounds like him. Go to UCLA instead. They offer courses in surfing."

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, and the team may like it, but to me, it just sounds like another day of practice (on an off day?). I don't know. We will see.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offensive lineman Roy Hemsley from USC will transfer to the Sun Devils. He should be eligible this coming season. He should provide some help.

Roy Hemsley, a redshirt-junior offensive lineman at USC, has decided to transfer to Arizona State for his final two college seasons. If he graduates in May as expected, he'll be eligible to play this season.

A back-up left guard, Hemsley (6-5, 315) last season appeared in all 14 contests, usually with the second team or on special teams. He also has practiced at tackle.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...sfer-arizona-state-final-2-seasons/388975002/