Who are your later round draft targets?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OT Trey Adams Washington

PROS: Tough and tenacious player in the trenches. He plays with very good block temperament in the run game. He is a finisher that plays from snap to whistle. He displays very good upper body strength and gets good vertical push in the run game. He is good at locating and engaging at the second level. He also does a good job getting his body in the position to wall off defenders. In the passing game he is very good. He plays with good length on the perimeter. He does a good job getting his second step in the ground. He displays very good short set anchor and good lateral agility to redirect on a defenders inside move

CONS: He's missed significant time due to injury. So his availability could be an issue in the NFL. Not a great overall athlete. Doesn’t play with great bend on the perimeter. As a result, smaller speed rushers could be problematic for him on the edge. Lacks true positional flexibility.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/trey-adams

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OL Keith Ismael San Diego State

Overview
Reliable interior blocker with guard/center flexibility who is better-suited for zone blocking than trying to push people around heads-up. Ismael is a rhythmic move blocker with footwork and feel to find his landmarks. He's also scrappy enough to hang in against power across from him, but he can't do it alone. While he hasn't consistently faced off against NFL-caliber competition, he appears to have enough anchor to help fortify the pocket for quarterbacks. He could find early work as a backup G/C, with the potential to become a starter.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/keith-ismael?id=32194953-4d02-2913-6d8c-8800a2eb45b0

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Netani Muti G Fresno State

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
QB - Cole McDonald 7th rounder or UDFA
DE Highsmith 4th round (would be a great addition, greath DE)
DE Jonah Williams 6th round
ILB Dante Olsen 6th (would love to have him, maybe you have to draft him even in the 5th very instinctiv ILB very NFL ready, he plays faster than his 40 and he is hell of a ILB )

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If he can stay healthy Niang could develop. The same could be said of Muti, who will be a guard. Runyan is a good mid-round choice. Michigan has an outstanding history of developing linemen. He can’t stay at tackle but should be a reliable guard. Adams is one tough guy, but he has nearly the worst medicals in the draft. He goes very late if at all. Dixon will move to guard with limited footwork. He fits a running team best. Ismael is a better prospect. He has a real shot at developing into a starting center. Juries has a less secure future. Short arms are hard to overcome. His best hope is a career backup.

Harry

Reaction score
Gibson is the real deal and might go in round 3. Moss is a very popular name who some like better than Gibson. Benjamin falls in behind these two. Dillon is a power back better at short yardage. Calais is likely destined for special teams. Macfarland is the type who drives scouts crazy. He looks ordinary and then breaks a run that you wouldn’t have thought he had in him. Someone takes him day 3. I missed Lamical Perine. He’ll likely have to make a roster on special teams play. He’s a backup at his ceiling but it’s a reach.

Last edited:

Harry

Reaction score
Edwards & Claypool are both talented athletes who need to develop technique and become more disciplined route runners. Hodgins has a chance to stick as a possession receiver. He makes those highlight reel catches. For Lou, I don’t have notes on Morris, which means all the times I watched them he didn’t flash. I think it unlikely he would sign with the Cards unless Murray asked for him.

Last edited:

Harry

Reaction score
Pinkney is a possession TE who’s solid on 50-50 balls. He likes the physical part of the game but strangely is a poor blocker. Decent late round project. As for the tale of 2 Bryants, Harrison is more of a WR masquerading as a TE, like Rob Housler. He has limited “fit” options. Hunter won’t win any accolades as a blocker but dramatically improved his receiving skills as he stayed in one piece throughout 2019. SDly he has mediocre hands. Someone will take him as a project. Keane looks the part but as an H-back they rarely threw to, he has few credentials.

I’ll try to put some capsules on the D tomorrow.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pinkney is a possession TE who’s solid on 50-50 balls. He likes the physical part of the game but strangely is a poor blocker. Decent late round project. As for the tale of 2 Bryants, Harrison is more of a WR masquerading as a TE, like Rob Housler. He has limited “fit” options. Hunter won’t win any accolades as a blocker but dramatically improved his receiving skills as he stayed in one piece throughout 2019. SDly he has mediocre hands. Someone will take him as a project. Keane looks the part but as an H-back they rarely threw to, he has few credentials.

I’ll try to put some capsules on the D tomorrow.
Is Thad Moss draftable?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we don't take Isiah Simmons or Kenneth Murray...then I would be all over Evan Weaver in about the 5th round. He is a hell of a football player, and I think he showed enough speed to be a solid WILB in our system. He is not an elite prospect, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him be a 8-10 year starter in the NFL. He reminds me of the Kendricks brothers...just always making tackles.

Evan Weaver reminds you of the...Kendricks bros? That is an astonishing comparison.

Harry

Reaction score
Is Thad Moss draftable?
Absolutely, he gets drafted. The son of a hall of farmer always gets seen. While not the great athlete his dad is; he’s a competent safety valve who can block. He’ll never be a great receiver due to a lack of speed but he has good hands. As a blocker he’s especially good at sealing the end of the line.

Harry

Reaction score
Lynn Bowden Jr - Kentucky WR/PR/Wildcat QB

A Baller
The Cards already have Streveler, so I don’t think they’d take him. He’s a QB, WR and return guy whose draft position likely suffered by the way hew was moved around. His best shot to start might have been at WR, but he didn’t get the coaching or reps to develop into a solid pass catcher. Now he’s thought of as a gimmick guy.

Harry

Reaction score
Hall looks like a nickel CB to me. He’s not quick enough to do more. Keyes will likely be on some sleeper lists. He’s very raw but is what you look for in a late selection. Motley might make a roster as a late rounder if the team plays press coverage. He lacks the agility to be more. Carter has a good motor and likes to mix it up. I see him more as a safety because he lacks quickness and burst. Jackson is much the same player but I like him better. Acy dropped off badly as a senior, though there was an injury. He shows some ability as a blitzer. His discipline is an issue. Hill likes to think he’s a press corner but lacks the power.

Harry

Reaction score
Dugger & Chinn are not late round safety picks. They likely go early third or maybe round 2 based on fit. Dugger is a poor man’s Bucannon. He’s aggressive and a true ballhawk. He fits TE teams that like to use safeties closer to the line. Chinn is another ballhawk who lacks refinement but shows potential. He likes to gamble too much. Jones is tough, but overly aggressive without the athleticism to back it up. He might hang as a special teamer.