Who’s that bigger receiver...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Aiyuk basically 6 foot.
Juedy played in a loaded WR corps. Doubt if he faced double coverage much.

Lamb will not wow as a speed guy and played in that shadow defense league.

I like Higgins over these 2. Considering how quickly Deebo adapted to NFL out of the same system, that could be an indicator for Higgins to do the same. The Clemson offense seems to be a better producer of NFL individuals, as much as the defensive side. Clemson has churned out better NFL players than Alabama.

Deebo played at the real USC not Clemson, so I dont see even a shred of commonality between Deebo and Higgins. Not even close.

Aiyuk might be underrated. I read a report recently that questioned his deep speed, but I watched the dude take the top off the defense on the regular. As much as I'm bullish on Jayden Daniel's, having a true freshman QB really limited what ASU could do.

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
Juedy played in a loaded WR corps. Doubt if he faced double coverage much.

Lamb will not wow as a speed guy and played in that shadow defense league.

I like Higgins over these 2. Considering how quickly Deebo adapted to NFL out of the same system, that could be an indicator for Higgins to do the same. The Clemson offense seems to be a better producer of NFL individuals, as much as the defensive side. Clemson has churned out better NFL players than Alabama.

Dee Bo played at South Carolina, the Gamecocks not Clemson. But, to your point Clemson has produced alot of pro ready players.

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Denzel Mimms

YES! I'm a Baylor grad so I have watched him for 4 years. He makes clutch plays and has all of the measurables any team would want. He is fast but they haven't timed him yet. Below are his some of his other numbers:

Height: 6-2 7/8
Weight: 207
Hand: 9 3/8
Arm: 33 7/8
Wingspan: 78 4/8

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Haven’t read through the thread but I kind of like the big kid from Texas. I think Johnson is his last name.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes.

After the first three rounds, guys are expected to be the depth usually or be a role player.

The Cardinals at least could have a competition if Shipley walks.
At least we agree with something.

While I find it troubling that none of Keim's picks in the later rounds has developed into anything besides maybe Gunter, and that needs to change, no one is going to hear me say that we shouldn't draft a WR because we have Keesean Johnson (no disrespect to him).

Now, I will whine that Keim spent four picks on WRs in the past two years, two in the 2nd round, and we're still talking about drafting a WR in the first, but we've had this discussion.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
At least we agree with something.

While I find it troubling that none of Keim's picks in the later rounds has developed into anything besides maybe Gunter, and that needs to change, no one is going to hear me say that we shouldn't draft a WR because we have Keesean Johnson (no disrespect to him).

Now, I will whine that Keim spent four picks on WRs in the past two years, two in the 2nd round, and we're still talking about drafting a WR in the first, but we've had this discussion.

Kirk is a decent 2nd rounder.

Isabella hasn't really had much of a chance yet. He could still work out.

Even if both did, I'd still want ANOTHER WR since you really need at least 3 good ones. Fitz is done soon.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Haven’t read through the thread but I kind of like the big kid from Texas. I think Johnson is his last name.
A year ago I would have said he's a better prospect than Hakeem Butler. Now not sure anymore. Didn't really play as aggressive as he should have last year.

Could be a steal tho.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kirk is a decent 2nd rounder.

Isabella hasn't really had much of a chance yet. He could still work out.

Even if both did, I'd still want ANOTHER WR since you really need at least 3 good ones. Fitz is done soon.
You don't need 3 WRs drafted in the top two rounds to have "three good ones." Not every offense needs three 1,000 yard receivers, either. It doesn't mean I don't want Lamb, Jeudy, or a true #1, but a good third receiver shouldn't require this level of investment.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You don't need 3 WRs drafted in the top two rounds to have "three good ones." Not every offense needs three 1,000 yard receivers, either. It doesn't mean I don't want Lamb, Jeudy, or a true #1, but a good third receiver shouldn't require this level of investment.

You dont have to unless you do.

I dont understand how these concepts elude you. Just because you already spent draft picks and didnt get the desired effect, that doesnt mean you stop.

The Cardinals receiving corps has a few good #2 receivers, but it severely lacks a guy who can make plays on his own.

Now as we have discussed in the past, that guy can be found in round 2 as well. That's where my internal debate is. I think the offense doesnt meet its potential with the current crop. I wont consider Isabella and Butler until they show me something.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can definitely see Solar being the type to pass on Chase Young if we still had Markus Golden on the other side of Chandler.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You dont have to unless you do.

I dont understand how these concepts elude you. Just because you already spent draft picks and didnt get the desired effect, that doesnt mean you stop.

The Cardinals receiving corps has a few good #2 receivers, but it severely lacks a guy who can make plays on his own.

Now as we have discussed in the past, that guy can be found in round 2 as well. That's where my internal debate is. I think the offense doesnt meet its potential with the current crop. I wont consider Isabella and Butler until they show me something.
What concept is eluding me? The truth about building rosters is clear: if you have to redraft positions year after year after year, and your guys are already replaceable after one season, you're going to spin your wheels and never have a good team. That doesn't mean I force our hand on having to play Isabella even though he is clearly not trustworthy, but it means we need to figure out who is screwing this up. We know the answer, it's Keim.

I'm sick and tired of having barely any young talent on the team. We need to hit on more than one pick a year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can definitely see Solar being the type to pass on Chase Young if we still had Markus Golden on the other side of Chandler.
Ridiculous. But might I pass on Chase Young if we had Chandler Jones and Jadeveon Clowney but no QB? Yeah, I'd have to.

You've gotta focus on the rest of the team at some point, and stop redrafting positions.

For all of your guys' talk about drafting the same position over and over again, you don't ever really provide many examples of teams that have succeeded doing this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What concept is eluding me? The truth about building rosters is clear: if you have to redraft positions year after year after year, and your guys are already replaceable after one season, you're going to spin your wheels and never have a good team. That doesn't mean I force our hand on having to play Isabella even though he is clearly not trustworthy, but it means we need to figure out who is screwing this up. We know the answer, it's Keim.

I'm sick and tired of having barely any young talent on the team. We need to hit on more than one pick a year.

Right. Keim has sucked.

But the answer isnt to avoid a marquee position like WR. The Cardinals clearly need a top dog.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Right. Keim has sucked.

But the answer isnt to avoid a marquee position like WR. The Cardinals clearly need a top dog.
They also need a strong offensive line and a defense that isn't made up of practice squad players.

Again, I'm open to taking a WR depending on what we do in Free Agency, but it's not a clear cut decision by any means. This OL is bad too, and has been largely ignored.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those things crack me up. Jeudy has 1/8 of an inch shorter arms than Lamb and 5/8 of an inch shorter wingspan, so who's their "loser" for the day, Jeudy. Why? Because his measurables were "the least impressive." Yeah that 1/8" of an inch is a deal breaker.

He's still my guy but I could sure be tempted into a deal down where we get another pick or player and still get Reagor.

Arm length and wingspan always vary anyway due to how they are measured. You will often find different numbers at the senior bowl, combine and pro day for the same guy. It's a guy with a tape measure.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Well, I don't know if he would pass on Young, but, I could definitely see him saying/arguing with a, "well, but", thrown in there. :):D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arm length and wingspan always vary anyway due to how they are measured. You will often find different numbers at the senior bowl, combine and pro day for the same guy. It's a guy with a tape measure.

When they're all measured at the same event the same way I assume they're at least uniform, it's the small difference that makes it laughable to me. If Jeudy's wingspan was 4-6 inches shorter than Lamb yeah maybe you have something, but 5/8" of an inch is pretty silly to then call him a loser for his measurables.

I know at the combine they have to do stuff like this it's the whole point of the combine but it always cracks me up.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, don’t be shocked but I get what Solar is saying about wr’s. Many times the 3rd receiver benefits because of the other two receivers on the team. When you take a wr3 and force him into a #1 role you create a problem.

However, I love Fitz but he is not a #1 anymore. Neither is Kirk. I think Fitz would be the biggest benefactor if we had that #1 wr. If we KNEW Butler was going to be that big target outside guy , great.

okay that’s enough agreeing with Solar. Even if Butler was to blossom I don’t see him as a true #1 wr. I don’t care if we drafted 8 wr’s in the last two years we do not have a true #1 wr. We have Byrd, Cooper, Issabella, Johnson, Kirk and others that are all to similar and will NEVER be a #1 wr.

The surest way to lock up a true #1 wr is in this draft. This offense will move in to a whole other dimension with a guy like Lamb or Juedy. Kirk would benefit. Fitz would benefit. Our te’s would benefit. KYLER would benefit. Suddenly Fitz is being covered by a nickel cb. Kirk would be going against a #2 cb.

Currently there is no Wr on this team that strikes fear into our opponents heart. None. Nada. We have wr’s that can make plays or a clutch catch but not a #1 that EVERY good offense has. What happens if Fitz sprains an ankle? What if Butler never becomes the guy we hope for?

Lamb and Juedy are a plug in #1 wr. I don’t believe either of these guys will set the nfl on its collective ears in year one. Rookies seldom do. But their presence will help this offense overall immediately. Even more so in the following year(s) if they turn out to be a Thomas or Hopkins.

If the Cards can trade down and still secure a #1 wr that would be great. Could Higgins, Ruggs or Shenault be a true #1?

So bottom line is we NEED a bonifide, true #1 wr maybe as much as any other hole on this team. Yes the Cards will have to pass on some pretty good players to draft Juedy or Lamb. But consider you may be passing on a potential Hopkins or Thomas is a little scary too.

Whether you agree or not, with the #8 pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Oklahoma wr, CeeDee Lamb.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave