Who’s that bigger receiver...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Definitely Pittman. Drafting his father worked pretty well.

Side note, I passed out in Michael Pittman’s dorm room in Fresno on my 21st birthday. Face plant out of a chair...very proud moment.

K1Day1

Free Agent
Reaction score
Still CeeDee Lamb all day everyday...

It seems I had this exact conversation with fans and friends 17 years ago

I remember in 2003 when the Cards had a reciever that won rookie of the year but still managed to have a poor season. All the fans and my friends were screaming to draft a O-Lineman or Defensive player..
However, with a WR who had won rookie of the year... Who did the Cards take with their 3rd overall pick?

Another WR, a guy named Larry Fitzgerald (And Cards fans back then remember how great fitz and Boldin were together).. Back then the Cards stated that they would draft the best player available regardless of position

IMO CeeDee Lamb will probably be the best player available

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would somewhat agree with you if these guys ceilings weren’t just WR3 at best, maybe with the exception of Kirk.

We have no idea what these guys could be.

As I've said before. Keesean had a better first season than Antonio Brown. I'm not saying he's going to be better than AB, just that you can never tell.

Isabella had a better 1st season than DJ Chark. Chark just had a 1000+ yard season.

Kirk's 2 years are better than Tyler Locketts first 2 years and Butler hasn't played a snap yet.

We just don't know.

Plus, if you think all those guys are failures why would you want Keim to pick another WR? His track record isn't great.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember in 2003 when the Cards had a reciever that won rookie of the year but still managed to have a poor season. All the fans and my friends were screaming to draft a O-Lineman or Defensive player..
However, with a WR who had won rookie of the year... Who did the Cards take with their 3rd overall pick?

Another WR, a guy named Larry Fitzgerald (And Cards fans back then remember how great fitz and Boldin were together).. Back then the Cards stated that they would draft the best player available regardless of position

I thought lamb to. But go watch highlights of Juedy. To me he is a little better. Definitely faster.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Juann Jennings- Tennessee

Decent late round option. Good players on lousy teams often drop.

I am not sure what "late round option" means to you. But I would suspect he would be gone by round 3.

Here is his game (below) vs South Carolina. Dude is a beast!

Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings had 7 receptions for 174 yards and 2 touchdowns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have no idea what these guys could be.

As I've said before. Keesean had a better first season than Antonio Brown. I'm not saying he's going to be better than AB, just that you can never tell.

Isabella had a better 1st season than DJ Chark. Chark just had a 1000+ yard season.

Kirk's 2 years are better than Tyler Locketts first 2 years and Butler hasn't played a snap yet.

We just don't know.

Plus, if you think all those guys are failures why would you want Keim to pick another WR? His track record isn't great.
KeeSean Johnson isn’t in the same stratosphere as Antonio Brown as an athlete. Being a good route-runner is cool, but it’s only so much you can do when every CB you’ll go against is a much better athlete than you.

DJ Chark went from Blake Bortles to Gardner Minshew throwing him the ball. Kind of a big difference. Isabella also has a really small catch radius with small arms/hands that also had trouble separating in college even at the lowest level. Chark has a great frame with the athleticism to match. Isabella is at way more disadvantages than Chark is.

I’m still high on Kirk. Dude has just been unfortunate with injuries.

I’m not high on guys that struggle against separation in the BIG12/PAC12 aka Butler. I’m not counting on him to be anything more than a WR4. Hell, the same worries you have for Lamb you should be having for Butler 10x more.

I agree with you about not going for Lamb at #8, but it’s downright insanity to not go WR at least on Day 2.

Keim’s track record isn’t great when it comes to picking a lot of positions. Does that mean we should stop drafting those positions?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Neither Jeudy or Lamb are on that level Fitz was coming out. Also, I don't remember anyone screaming for O-Line or Defense at the time... I think the discussion was if the Raiders were going to select Fitz first, what do we do, or was there a QB worth taking... but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Neither Jeudy or Lamb are on that level Fitz was coming out. Also, I don't remember anyone screaming for O-Line or Defense at the time... I think the discussion was if the Raiders were going to select Fitz first, what do we do, or was there a QB worth taking... but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

I think most of the argument back then was WR or QB. That draft had Eli, Big Ben and Rivers...we could have had Rivers or Ben had we wanted.

There were even some that thought WR Roy Williams was a better prospect than Fitz.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal