Whispers - PFW on Cards

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Word out of the Valley is that while the Cardinals could very well consider going after a quarterback in free agency or high in the draft with the verdict still out on Josh McCown, you can forget about them making a play for San Diego’s Drew Brees, which was suggested last week by a Phoenix-area columnist. We hear the feeling is that Brees doesn’t throw the deep ball well enough to fit in Dennis Green’s offense.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
stronso, what's that guy doing with that stick on that.. what is that? ice?

Well one thing is for sure, look at the number of fans in that pic. Thats the same number of fans youll see at future NHL games!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:

It's ice soccer.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard elsewhere that the cardinals organization didnt want Brees because he had the stench of winning on him :x

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:

Frozen golf course, that's the putter.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
This NHL lockout is killing me for one...............I am having serious hockey withdrawls and the moment they open the doors I am at the front of the line. Since I am in NY I will try to hit a Rangers, Islanders, and Devils game in successive nights

BTW - hockey rules

Goodenow sucks
Bettman sucks

I want hockey dammit

NOW

BTW - that is Brett Hull for all of you heathens :) :wave:

J/K

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What's wrong with the hockey strike?The Blue Jackets have never been this high in the standings this late in the year.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Stronso said:
This NHL lockout is killing me for one...............I am having serious hockey withdrawls and the moment they open the doors I am at the front of the line. Since I am in NY I will try to hit a Rangers, Islanders, and Devils game in successive nights

BTW - hockey rules

Goodenow sucks
Bettman sucks

I want hockey dammit

NOW

BTW - that is Brett Hull for all of you heathens :) :wave:

J/K

That is a traitor acutally :D

Being a Blues fan it still irks me to see him in that uniform much more than when he played at Dallas but the good people of St. Louis and one real dork of a coach ran him out of town booing him in his last game.

That's like Booing Brett Farve by the way it's almost sacriligous.

I want a salary cap not for my own team but for the good of hockey. It helped football a ton and it's just stupid to see teams like Detroit and the Rangers suck up all the talent although it dosen't help the Rangers much.

There has to be a cap and whatever else happens I believe we wont see hockey again until the players agree to it.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I want a salary cap not for my own team but for the good of hockey.
There has to be a cap and whatever else happens I believe we wont see hockey again until the players agree to it.

Then you'll never see NHL hockey, again... because the players will never, ever agree to a "hard" cap.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Then you'll never see NHL hockey, again... because the players will never, ever agree to a "hard" cap.

Well, then they are dumber than they look.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Well, then they are dumber than they look.

Well, unless you're fully informed on the contentious issues dividing the parties, your remark is simply "dumb", without the protective benefit of simply looking so... :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Well, unless you're fully informed on the contentious issues dividing the parties, your remark is simply "dumb", without the protective benefit of simply looking so... :D

You'd be amazed at how dumb I look! :D

The rhetoric from either side is just noise to me. If the NFL and NBA players took caps, I don't see how the NHL players can avoid one with the miniscule TV revenue hockey gets. Besides, it's not like the guys are going to be poor under a cap. But, if they are willing to make less money, give up their measure of fame and take on careers driving Molson trucks because they feel so strongly about it, I guess that is admirable. A hara kiri type of admirable, but admirable none the less.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

DAT'S - A - FO - SURE!

We need some cheaper nose bleed seats. Whoooo - Whooooo! :)

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:

I disagree. I think there will be one or more offers by next month (Dec) to get hockey going in January. If not, the season will be cancelled. In Mid Summer Bettman will declare an impasse and toss open the doors

We will have hockey by 2005

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:

Well it is a standoff but we are all waiting to see who blinks first and I'm betting this time it's the players.

The richest of them could hold out for years but the ones in the middle cannot and will not and they outnumber the high payroll players. It will happen.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stronso said:
In Mid Summer Bettman will declare an impasse and toss open the doors

We will have hockey by 2005

Not under the old system, they won't. Or, should.

I remember a story in the Valley a few years back where they did a survey as to who was the highest paid athlete in the Valley. In second was Jake Plummer. You know who was first? Teppo Numminen!

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Not under the old system, they won't. Or, should.

When I was talking about the NHL declaring an impasse and throwing open the doors it would be under terms set by the league. Those who would want to plat could under the terms set by the league, i.e., salary cap

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Hull and Stronso......separated at birth?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard