Whis Post-game: "Kolb wasn't good enough to come back"

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I don't think he meant it in the same way that you do. The defense carried us today. Skelton was awful and was bailed out by Fitzgerald

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah this brings up bigger issues. I would bet my house on the fact that he was concussed in the Washington game, but stayed in. Along with the concussion last year this is a not a good trend.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think he meant it in the same way that you do. The defense carried us today. Skelton was awful and was bailed out by Fitzgerald

Skelton had a couple of perfect passes over the middle with pressure, one resulting in a TD. The same pass that Kolb has sailed on receivers over the middle all year.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Um... okay. He was awful on all three TDs that he threw for. Well played. God forbid a quarterback show something in four quarters of play before "winning" the game with a dump-off in overtime.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Skelton wasn't awful today, but if he wants to be anything more than a #2 in this league, he needs to knock it off with the many boneheaded mistakes.

He bounced back and did what he needed to to. And I hope Kolb is ok.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skelton was pretty as at times and pretty good at times. Still think Kolb will be a better QB and may not have been as close had he played whole game.

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
Skelton is getting better as he matures. A lesser athlete would have been intimidated by the team that burned him 2 games ago. This kid studied and hung in there, no running game, it was his arm and legs that did it.
That said I hope Kolb is physically O K, but in an even competition Skelton will mature into a better QB. The competition between them is good.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Skelton was by no means awful in the second half when it counted. He looked very bad in the first half. He looked better than Kolb iMHO and yes Fitz carried the offense and the defense carried the game Our idiot up top better be signing Campbell while they can. He may turn into the best defensive guy in the league. Add a couple of more blocked passes today. Who even knows how many he causes to be thrown bad when he puts that 6'8" frame with long arms into the air. Right now we can play defense with anyone in the NFL.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Skelton's arm strenght, pocket awareness and scrambling ability. Dude needs to become a lot more accurate. The plays that went for big yards were thrown exactly where they needed to be so the WR could run it stride. The picks were, IIRC, high that resulted in tip drills.

I don't hate on Kolb or Skelton because they both show a lot of promise.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Um... okay. He was awful on all three TDs that he threw for. Well played. God forbid a quarterback show something in four quarters of play before "winning" the game with a dump-off in overtime.

Eh, kind a mixed bag with Skelton today. Three turnovers is pretty bad...

But man. He threw several strikes, starting with the 60 TD to doucett.

I think the defense did a great job of limiting the damage from the John's mistakes, and then he capitalized on this by staying aggressive, and continuing to look down field.

So, if Skelton didn't pull his own weight today, it was close.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Skelton was pretty as at times and pretty good at times. Still think Kolb will be a better QB and may not have been as close had he played whole game.

Agree

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skelton is getting better as he matures. A lesser athlete would have been intimidated by the team that burned him 2 games ago. This kid studied and hung in there, no running game, it was his arm and legs that did it.
That said I hope Kolb is physically O K, but in an even competition Skelton will mature into a better QB. The competition between them is good.

This is my belief. He doesn't fold up tent when he makes a mistake.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I hope Kolb is OK and I hope that we can get some long-term improvement in the pass protection. Tired of seeing our QB's take such a consistent beating.

It is tough to evaluate any of our QB's under this situation. And the sad thing is that I can't remember the last time that we had even above average pass protection

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
OK all we have to do to win the rest of our games is have Bartel or Kolb start the first 2 series and then bring in Skelator.

snowthedirtbub

Veteran
Reaction score
Skelton had a couple of perfect passes over the middle with pressure, one resulting in a TD. The same pass that Kolb has sailed on receivers over the middle all year.

Lol lets not forget the countless throws over receivers. Kolb had exactly 1 offensive series to prove himself while Skelton had the most of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter, and he was terrible in the first 3.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm just going to enjoy this victory, that's all I care about. I hope Kolb is back soon.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One thing I don't think we should be talking about this game is Skelton sailing the ball or missing receivers, even if that's all some people remember. He had a few dropped balls and still compiled a 67% completion percentage.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I hope Kolb is OK and I hope that we can get some long-term improvement in the pass protection. Tired of seeing our QB's take such a consistent beating.

It is tough to evaluate any of our QB's under this situation. And the sad thing is that I can't remember the last time that we had even above average pass protection

Well...

The pass protection wasn't great today by any means. And, several times Skelton did a good job of breaking arm tackles...

But today I saw a Cardinals offensive line fighting and scratching for every yard against one of the best defensive lines in NFL. That's in contrast to the "stand around Levi Brown" stuff we've seen previously.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well...

The pass protection wasn't great today by any means. And, several times Skelton did a good job of breaking arm tackles...

But today I saw a Cardinals offensive line fighting and scratching for every yard against one of the best defensive lines in NFL. That's in contrast to the "stand around Levi Brown" stuff we've seen previously.

Sorry but our offensive line was horrendous today. Skelton made plays with his size and his feet to save the day. Kolb was under immediate pressure when he was in. Beanie averaged 1.6 yards per carry. Keith as usual looked awful and Bridges just as bad.

The outlook for our offensive line is Grimm indeed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard