Which Power Forward in the draft do you prefer?

Which PF do you prefer?

• De’Andre Hunter

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Brandon Clarke

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wanted Wallace over Nash too.

But I had become enamored with Marion and his athleticism and production before the draft. He just seemed like a "can't miss" player to me. I was torn between Marion and Artest.
I was an artest fan as well.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He has a motor. That is sure. I think I would take him over Clarkson. He has the skills but also the physical profile. 6-11, 7-3 wingspan, 250 pounds, strong frame, decent 3. That is proto-pf material right there.

Except he is slower than most centers. He would be eaten alive defensively by NBA 4s. His NBA position is clearly center.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wanted Wallace over Nash too.

But I had become enamored with Marion and his athleticism and production before the draft. He just seemed like a "can't miss" player to me. I was torn between Marion and Artest.

We could have had both. Artest was taken with our other pick that we traded for (gulp) Luc Longley...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BOL BOL could play PF , he will probably have to since he's not strong enough to bully anyone down low

He won't have to on offense though teams will play him away because he can shoot. I agree with Slin on defense he's a 5.

I expect he'll be a bust though it looks like his frame is going to be an issue I expect the injuries will be a regular issue with him. Hope I'm wrong, but I see a short career for him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Bol Bol has every skill a pf requires, and he has the athleticism required to play pf. He does not have the bulk to play center. He is a tall pf, plain and simple. He cannot play center in the NBA, he could potentially play SF because his length compensates for his marginal speed on defense. You are just wrong on this one.
lol!

whatever you say.

Bol Bol won't be able to play PF defensively in a million years. He does not have the quickness or footwork to do so.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@slinslin

I checked out some video on Darius Bazley because of your signature. His video is very impressive.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@slinslin

I checked out some video on Darius Bazley because of your signature. His video is very impressive.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Hmm. Kid seems to have a decent handle in the open court, passes well (at least in clips), and moves well. He is 6-9 but leads the break a lot. He is trying to get to the NBA without going to college. Was committed to Syracuse. He could be a second-round diamond. Its worth a real look.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Bol in Round 1 and either Bassey or Dedric Lawson in Round 2.

Bol reminds me of Durant coming out of Texas, rail thin shooter who could rebound and block shots. Of course Durant's lack of strength hasn't stopped him from becoming one of the best in the game today.
I don't know how serious Bol's foot injury is or if it will only get worse but before him going down for the season he was a Top 5 pick.

Bassey does 2 things well we lacked at PF last year, rebound and block shots. If he can develop a jump shot he can be a steal in Round 2 but I think he goes in the 20's.

Lawson is obviously the ancient one compared to Bol and Bassey at 22 years old but he has been a great player his entire college basketball career. He is a 2 way player who has over the course of 3 seasons averaged 18 ppg/ 9.9 rpg/ 2.5 apg / 1.6 bpg / 1.2 spg who really improved as a shooter at KU with a JR slash line of .490 FG/ .393 3PT / 81.5 FT. He doesn't have the length of Bol but he is a very solid 6'8.5 with shoes and actually has a 7'2 inch wingspan and a standing reach of 8'11 kind of reminds me of Draymond Green coming out of college.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bol reminds me of Durant coming out of Texas, rail thin shooter who could rebound and block shots. Of course Durant's lack of strength hasn't stopped him from becoming one of the best in the game today.
I don't know how serious Bol's foot injury is or if it will only get worse but before him going down for the season he was a Top 5 pick.

Bassey does 2 things well we lacked at PF last year, rebound and block shots. If he can develop a jump shot he can be a steal in Round 2 but I think he goes in the 20's.

Lawson is obviously the ancient one compared to Bol and Bassey at 22 years old but he has been a great player his entire college basketball career. He is a 2 way player who has over the course of 3 seasons averaged 18 ppg/ 9.9 rpg/ 2.5 apg / 1.6 bpg / 1.2 spg who really improved as a shooter at KU with a JR slash line of .490 FG/ .393 3PT / 81.5 FT. He doesn't have the length of Bol but he is a very solid 6'8.5 with shoes and actually has a 7'2 inch wingspan and a standing reach of 8'11 kind of reminds me of Draymond Green coming out of college.
While I like Bol, I am not sure I would take him with the #6 pick. There might be better options there. Bol needs to add muscle and there is not that much room on his frame to add it. He has a "skinny fat" look to him--thin with not much muscle mass. His legs are so incredibly long compared to his body. He does have an advanced skill set, which should make him useful. But he needs to play PF imo. If, like Slin says, he just does not have the speed to play pf (he does have the footwork), then I would choose someone else. It seems teams should be able to determine this in workouts.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While I like Bol, I am not sure I would take him with the #6 pick. There might be better options there. Bol needs to add muscle and there is not that much room on his frame to add it. He has a "skinny fat" look to him--thin with not much muscle mass. His legs are so incredibly long compared to his body. He does have an advanced skill set, which should make him useful. But he needs to play PF imo. If, like Slin says, he just does not have the speed to play pf (he does have the footwork), then I would choose someone else. It seems teams should be able to determine this in workouts.
I could see why he would be a risk at #6 but who isn't in this draft. At #6 all there is are wings and combo guards (no true PG) so that really doesn't solve PHX's hole at PG or PF. I've seen Bol going in late lottery in most mocks, NBA Draft Net has him going #17. If PHX can land their PG & PF in FA and trade using the #6 pick, that would be the most ideal offseason scenario.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Kid seems to have a decent handle in the open court, passes well (at least in clips), and moves well. He is 6-9 but leads the break a lot. He is trying to get to the NBA without going to college. Was committed to Syracuse. He could be a second-round diamond. Its worth a real look.

I was very impressed by the moves Bazley has in his arsenal. If he puts on a few pound he could be special. He is definitely worthy of consideration at #32. Tankathon had him going at #52. I think he will go much earlier.

The talent in this draft is deep in terms of talented big men.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know about the Draymond comparison but I agree otherwise on Lawson, I like him a lot if he's there for our 2nd round pick.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was very impressed by the moves Bazley has in his arsenal. If he puts on a few pound he could be special. He is definitely worthy of consideration at #32. Tankathon had him going at #52. I think he will go much earlier.

The talent in this draft is deep in terms of talented big men.
He has a Brandon Ingram look and vibe to him.

Honestly, I would not mind trading back in this draft, like into the mid to late first round, if we could get a serviceable veteran in the exchange.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a Brandon Ingram look and vibe to him.

Honestly, I would not mind trading back in this draft, like into the mid to late first round, if we could get a serviceable veteran in the exchange.

I'm definitely with you unless the Suns really want Garland or White. I'm starting to want a handful of big men with later picks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol Bol is a perfect stretch 4 just cause he’s tall doesn’t mean he’s a center. I hope he’s the pick if we keep 6 screw it why not

In 9 games at Oregon he got you 21 points 9 rebounds and 2.7 blocks shoots 80+ from the line and 52% from 3

There isn’t one guy at 6 that I have to have none of them really do anything so why not take the guy with the biggest upside.

That being said I would still hope we package this pick for a legit PG not another rookie

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol Bol, IMO, screams bust with a giant megaphone. Physically, I don't think he will be able to play inside on either end of the court, I don't think he's fast enough or skilled enough to play outside.

He might be able to hit open threes... and get a few blocks per game as a help defender, but while getting killed on screens and in the post.

And he's got some serious red flags medically.