Which Combine Figures are most important

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I know it depends a lot on position, but of the speed tests, which show you the most about a players playing ability? And which ones will mean most to the Cardinals in evaluating players they would consider? Which ones are most misleading or meaningless?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it depends a lot on position, but of the speed tests, which show you the most about a players playing ability? And which ones will mean most to the Cardinals in evaluating players they would consider? Which ones are most misleading or meaningless?

Really depends on the position.

Generally speaking. I think bench is overrated. When Guards are repping DT's it might be more appropriate. I'd rather see a max strength/power test here than bench press from the stone ages. I tackle sled hooked up to measure force would be good.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Most scouts love the cone drill for Edges. Of course straight line speed is a big factor for CBs & WRs. OLs & DLs usually need to lift well. QBs throwing the tree.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Most scouts love the cone drill for Edges. Of course straight line speed is a big factor for CBs & WRs. OLs & DLs usually need to lift well. QBs throwing the tree.
I was going to say, isn’t three-cone usually a good predictor of success when all else is equal?