Where to watch 2024 Diamondback games?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if I have Directv, no need to pay $100 for the package?

Just got this email. They really are waiting to the last minute, probably to get as many subs as possible.

Please stay tuned for an update that will be released later today on how you can watch the D-backs on TV this season. There will be an additional email communication sent to you directly regarding your options.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Does this work if I live in another MLB market?
No, it's a racket!

You have to use mlb.tv to view if you don't live in Arizona. $150 per year for every team, $130 per year for a single team. It's like it's run by the mafia! I'm in Austin, so if I had it, anytime the Dbacks play any Texas team, I'd get blacked out.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I played around with getting past the blackout last night with my AtBat account from the T-Mobile promotion. I ended up getting it to work but it was a little bit of a headache.

Private Internet Access is my normal VPN. I couldn't get it to work at all. If I was connected to any of the servers in the US it wouldn't play. It gave a generic error that wasn't very helpful in letting you know why. If I connected to any of the foreign servers I couldn't even log in. I have something to try with this scenario now.

When PIA didn't work I gave Adguard's VPN a shot. They have a limited free version of it so I figured "Why not?" At first it looked like it was going to have a similar issue to PIA's foreign servers. I couldn't log in. So I tried turning it off, logging in, and then connecting and that worked! The stream played. So it looks like they're an option.

I'm going to try tonight with the PIA foreign servers using the same login trick. I'm hoping that gets around it. It seems like MLB has recorded the IPs of the VPN servers and are blocking them. If that's the case then using a smaller provider is going to be the best bet. It might be a little bit of a wack-a-mole game though on which servers work.

This is on a desktop btw and not a phone. Phones are a whole other headache. The app is using the GPS and known wifi and cell towers to get your location and not relying on an IP geo lookup. I'm not even going to try to get that one going right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson