Where is the Cards’ Draft Headed

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've coveted Schmitz but I'd really like to pick up another 2nd or high 3rd, so if the Steelers don't sell to someone and end up taking Porter, and we can move back giving someone Levis, I'm doing it most likely. There's still a decent amount of Centers out there that I like.

And I'm hoping we move DHop today, but I think that's less and less likely to happen, and I'm expecting something to potentially happen in-season instead.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I've coveted Schmitz but I'd really like to pick up another 2nd or high 3rd, so if the Steelers don't sell to someone and end up taking Porter, and we can move back giving someone Levis, I'm doing it most likely. There's still a decent amount of Centers out there that I like.

And I'm hoping we move DHop today, but I think that's less and less likely to happen, and I'm expecting something to potentially happen in-season instead.

I want DHop to be traded too, it just seems like it will be drama if we don't Chief or Bills seem like the most likely candidates. I think counting on an in season trade is foolish for the front office but it would not surprise me.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I want DHop to be traded too, it just seems like it will be drama if we don't Chief or Bills seem like the most likely candidates. I think counting on an in season trade is foolish for the front office but it would not surprise me.
Yeah, it's not ideal, but if all we're getting offered is a 4th round pick or lower, I guess I'd just rather have him out there catching passes from David Blough until Odell Beckham Jr. inevitably gets a toe sprain that keeps him out the rest of the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In some ways his trade value could go UP during the season. the contract is a hurdle but if you're a playoff team that thinks D Hop makes you a SB contender you might give up more to get him. But you don't know now that you are a contender, you won't know that until heading into the trade deadline.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would this if the Steelers are trading we should know before the draft starts.

Everything is set. Nothing is changing for them once the clock starts.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would this if the Steelers are trading we should know before the draft starts.

Everything is set. Nothing is changing for them once the clock starts.
I feel like it would be a bad PR move alone for them to move out from one of their most popular player's kid that's likely the best available at a position of need.

Or at least that's what I'm insisting to myself.