What's with Eddie Rodgriquez????

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
He made some bad calls last year, and it was a little disappointing to see him hang Bautista out to dry like that.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
He's made a few bad calls the first two games, and definitely an understatement on Danny since the ball was waiting for him at the place while he was only 1/2 way home.... but, as a caller to the post game show mentioned, the over "agressive" Rodriguez is more tolerable than the Butterfield days. You'd think we were playing in the AL those years, and it was no wonder baseball pundits thought the D'backs were older than they actually were!

AZZenny

Reaction score
'Aggressive' is fine, it's 'absurd' that gets me -- ER (or Err) has never really shown a good sense of his own players' speed, and Danny B, much as I love him, is not really that fast, and is not known himself for smart baserunning. ER has held CC and sent Barajas in the past, things like that. That's bad info-processing, not just being aggressive.
btw - watch Rod this year.
:thumbup:

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZZenny
'Aggressive' is fine, it's 'absurd' that gets me -- :thumbup:
heh... true.... words like "surreal," "insane," "ludicrous," and "stupid" all come to mind, but BB keeps referring to ER's judgement as "agressive" and relaying how ER "is forgiven." Being reminded about polar opposite mentality of Butterfield did make me laugh--it was no wonder that the media all jumped on the D'backs being too old because he had them running the bases like they were aged relics.

unc84steve

Veteran
Reaction score
The worst thing about sending Danny Bautista was that there was only one out. I see no evidence that Eddie Rodriguez considers such mundane factors beforehand (as whether the next hitter might be able to hit a sacrifice fly).

I wonder if Bob Brenly understands this key concept?