What would you give up for Derrick Rose?

What is the most you would give up for Derrick Rose?

• Okobo, Kaminsky, unconditional 2020 first

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Okobo, Kaminsky, top 5 protected first

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Okobo, Kaminsky, top 10 protected first

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Okobo, Kaminsky, multiple first round picks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than what is listed

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Not interested at all

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Rose would be better for a contender trying to win today. That’s not Phoenix. Need to get assets

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rose would be better for a contender trying to win today. That’s not Phoenix. Need to get assets

Cauley-Stein would have been a nice one to have.

If Jones just sits on the expiring contracts of Baynes, Saric and Tyler Johnson and does nothing, there should not be a single person left on this board defending him.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Cauley-Stein would have been a nice one to have.

If Jones just sits on the expiring contracts of Baynes, Saric and Tyler Johnson and does nothing, there should not be a single person left on this board defending him.
I don’t think many people on the board are necessarily defending him, we all just don’t feel the need to bring him up 8-9 times a day on every single thread.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t know if I’ll ever understand how people can consistently not understand the concept of trading.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is 31 years old and hasn't played a full healthy season in nearly a decade. You say he has 4 years of productivity... IMO, his next injury isn't a matter of if but when and it will likely be his last.

To me, this isn't even worthy of consideration. There is no way a team looking at a lotto pick should give up a 1st round pick for a older player with a nightmarish injury history.
Well, not an unprotected pick of course.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not against Rose. If healthy* he would lead a second unit that would be a legitimate threat and change of pace. And might get us into the playoffs, which I do think would be a really big deal for the fan base even if it’s a first-round exit.

I voted “less than what is listed” but am not sure what would actually get it done. Rose’s contract is friendly for us but also for Detroit—it’s not something that will clear much space for them so it’s more about what they get back. Okobo doesn’t really do much for them beyond provisionally filling holes left by Blake and Rose. If that’s what they want pre-teardown, there may be better deals out there for them.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is 31 years old and hasn't played a full healthy season in nearly a decade. You say he has 4 years of productivity... IMO, his next injury isn't a matter of if but when and it will likely be his last.

To me, this isn't even worthy of consideration. There is no way a team looking at a lotto pick should give up a 1st round pick for a older player with a nightmarish injury history.
I think that assuming he is going to be injured again is a false assumption. He has changed his game. I believe he would be much more like Grant Hill, who was injured a lot early but had a great second career with the Suns. Even then, it does not really matter. If we could get two good seasons out of him, it would be huge. He is a back up pg. Teams cycle through those types of players anyway.

This draft does not look that promising anyway.

I would give up a lotto protected pick.

The Suns are no longer in asset collection mode, they are in win mode. We have Book and Ayton. Those are our two star players. This group needs to grow and win.

BTW. Pistons fans say that Okobo and the Suns 2020 top 10 protected pick would be enough to get Rose. I would try to make it lotto protected, but that is within the negotiating window.

Switch Bridges to the starting line up and bring Rose, Oubre, and Baynes off the bench. Depth problem solved.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think that assuming he is going to be injured again is a false assumption. He has changed his game. I believe he would be much more like Grant Hill, who was injured a lot early but had a great second career with the Suns. Even then, it does not really matter. If we could get two good seasons out of him, it would be huge. He is a back up pg. Teams cycle through those types of players anyway.

This draft does not look that promising anyway.

I would give up a lotto protected pick.

The sad thing is that at least in terms of a back-up point guard, there are better options where the Suns' second round pick that they gave up would be than where their lottery pick will be.

Pritchard, Howard and Dotson would be excellent flyers for a back-up point guard at the top of the second round but would be an absolute waste of a Lottery pick.

Just about every point guard projected as a first rounder appears to have major bust potential, and besides we have a bigger need at power forward.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
The sad thing is that at least in terms of a back-up point guard, there are better options where the Suns' second round pick that they gave up would be than where their lottery pick will be.

Pritchard, Howard and Dotson would be excellent flyers for a back-up point guard at the top of the second round but would be an absolute waste of a Lottery pick.

Just about every point guard projected as a first rounder appears to have major bust potential, and besides we have a bigger need at power forward.
What are you talking about the only thing that makes much sense in this post is the fact we need a power forward more ? Are you really that upset we gave up a second round pick that now you are trying to claim that it would honestly be better then our projected lottery pick if we went point guard route ? All have major bust potential you mean like Ja Morant who you claimed would be the next Isaiah Cannan and best case scenario would take atleast 2-3 years to contribute at the position

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What are you talking about the only thing that makes much sense in this post is the fact we need a power forward more ? Are you really that upset we gave up a second round pick that now you are trying to claim that it would honestly be better then our projected lottery pick if we went point guard route ? All have major bust potential you mean like Ja Morant who you claimed would be the next Isaiah Cannan and best case scenario would take atleast 2-3 years to contribute at the position

I was wrong on Morant.

That being said, we really could use that pick at the top of the second round, so we could use our Lottery pick on a blue chip power forward prospect and take a flier on a point guard at the top of the second round.

As it is, I fear that we are going to be stuck with Nico Mannion as our Lottery pick...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we have enough assets to attain Derrick rose this year? The rich only get richer in the nba.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to pick up and old thread. Rose would be interesting as a third guard. But Moore and LG might be fine.