What The Hell Is Boston Thinking (Another Rondo Rumor)

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
So, the latest rumor making rounds is that Boston and Minnesota have discussed a swap of Rajon Rondo for one of Minnesota's two top 10 picks.

While this, like all the other Rondo rumors we've heard this post-season, is far from certain, it leads me to wonder what exactly it is Rondo did to piss off Boston management so badly? The guy stepped up huge this season, specifically in the playoffs where he more than helped in the scoring load in KG's absence.

It's funny that now suddenly there's rumors that Rondo is "uncoachable". This is the first time we've heard anything of the sort regarding Rondo being a problem to deal with in Boston. In this current media driven day and age, a player can't fart crosswise without it being overblown news on every sports related show or publication. Yet, again this remains the first time we've heard any news of the sort regarding Rondo being a problem child.

Anyhow, if this rumor has any legs to it and I'm Minnesota, I'd take the offer and run. There's not a player behind Griffin and maybe Rubio that I'd take over Rondo. The Wolves need a PG, and Rondo fits the role far better than anyone they'd get at 5 or 6. Take this deal, pick Harden at 6 if he's still available, and you're halfway to respectability.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
It's a couple of things. First reports have been coming out that Rondo has maturity issues and may want a contract that is worth more than the C's think he deserves.

Second of all, Rondo's value is at an all time high after a really nice playoff run. Ainge would be a bad GM to not see what other GMs would be willing to give up for him. He won't get traded for chopped liver, and will only get traded for a deal that blows the Cs away. Additionally, Ainge may simply be throwing Rondo's name out there to show Rondo and his agent what he is or isn't worth. If Ainge can't get a max contract type player for Rondo and at best can get a few draft picks or a 2nd tier guy that might help lower Rondo's contract demands.