What the H@ll AZ Republic? :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
From the AZ Republic Today:

"Phoenix holds a 161/27-game lead over Houston in the race for the No..8 seed in the Western Conference playoffs. "

Is that a 5.962962962... lead on Houston? I am not sure what they are saying. Anyone care to interpret? :confused:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Thats three days in a row that ive seen the republic screw up.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I promised myself that I wouldn't write about Big Jake's lack of playing time for awhile . . . then I saw Norm Frauenheim's comments in Sunday's Republic.

Jake Tsakalidis reappeared, albeit briefly, in the final moments of the victory over Minnesota. His one minute on the floor was a sign that Suns coach Frank Johnson intends to use the seldom-seen center tonight against Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal in Los Angeles.

"Big Jake could be very valuable to us", Johnson said of Tsakalidis, who has appeared in only two of the past eight games.

Why doesn't Frank make Jake wear a blindfold and mittens, while he's at it?

After sitting out six of eight games, "one minute on the floor" is preparation to be valuable against Shaq?!?!?

And Frauenheim tries to sell that to the fans? Gimme a break! :rolleyes:

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Originally posted by BC867
I promised myself that I wouldn't write about Big Jake's lack of playing time for awhile . . . then I saw Norm Frauenheim's comments in Sunday's Republic.

After sitting out six of eight games, "one minute on the floor" is preparation to be valuable against Shaq?!?!?

Out of curiosity, who was jake supposed to match up against? Rasho, joe smith, marc jackson??? I mean Amare or jake could guard any of them easily. Big Jake is a horrible perimeter defender, and rasho and jackson would just sit out and make shots all day with jake on him. I will agree that it was a horrible sell by the republic, but jake really had no business being on the floor. He doesnt bring any energy off the bench, nor was he a good matchup for anyone.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BC867

I do you think it would have been a good idea to use Big Jake at times (the end of the Denver blowout) it is difficult to argue with yesterday's results. The fact of the matter is that Jake Tsakalidis is a big, unathletic stiff who missed over 30 games recently.

I think Bo Outlaw is overused, but if he plays aggressively on offense without trying to do too much like yesterday I love him.

The other key to yesterday's victory was the double teaming on Kevin Garnett and some of the other Timberwolves. They didn't do it half-assed like usual. As far as I'm concerned double teaming is an all are nothing thing.

We'll see what happens tonight, but as long as the Suns beat Denver on Tuesday I'll be happy. I fully expected 1-3 against Minnesota, the Lakers, Denver, and Dallas.

Joe Mama