What should be the asking price be for Hollywood?(Carolina)

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
And how are the Rams and Kupp doing? They ain't winning a super bowl this year, that's for sure.

The Dolphins top 2 WRs account for less than $20 million in cap space.

Draft smart and then move on unless they are generational WR talent.
Ok but Tyreeks cap hit next year is 31M? If we did happen to re-sign Hollywood we could obviously also keep his cap hit low in the first year or 2… Just not seeing the logic.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And how are the Rams and Kupp doing? They ain't winning a super bowl this year, that's for sure.

The Dolphins top 2 WRs account for less than $20 million in cap space.

Draft smart and then move on unless they are generational WR talent.
That is a 1 year snap shot. Tyreek's contract is 30 mil per year avg.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok but Tyreeks cap hit next year is 31M? If we did happen to re-sign Hollywood we could obviously also keep his cap hit low in the first year or 2… Just not seeing the logic.
The argument is that you should only pay top NFL players, top NFL contracts. That is what the best teams do. Paying Brown a large deal is paying him in a role he will not live up to.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a 1 year snap shot. Tyreek's contract is 30 mil per year avg.
And he's generational talent, IMHO. I wouldn't pay him because he hit a woman, but that's me. I was just shocked at how low the cap numbers are this year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We aren't talking about next year. If the Dolphins win the Super Bowl this year, they did it on two cheaper WR deals. Next year, they'll have much less to spend. He is generational WR talent though. Hollywood is not.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brown is a solid B receiver, may be a 2nd round pick at trade deadline to a contender?

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
I would take offer of a early third/late second and not look back.
Although, I do not think there is a huge trade market for him, unless he signs a new contract with the new team as part of the trade deal. Which teams would be in the position to offer a 2 or 3 in the final year of his rookie contract?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Chiefs highest cap hit last year at WR was $4 million. Kelce was only $8 million.

In 2021, Kupp was the highest Rams WR at $5 million.

The both Super Bowls with cheap WRs.
Not saying it can't be done, but times have changed, with RB's paid less and WR's more. If you want to be fair when examining $$ paid to the offense look at: QB, RB, and pass catchers. JMO.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I want. I don’t want him to leave without a plan to replace him immediately. Not a Zach Pascal or a Nelson Agholor type player.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replace what? My man had 4 receptions for 34 yards yesterday.
I get it, but at this moment he is easily taken out of the game by opposing defenses. He is not, and never really was, a true #1 Wr. I kinda think if you put a guy like MHJ on this offense Browns production would increase.
That being said he should not get #1 money. But please have a plan to replace him to fill that roll with a true #2.
Also let’s not forget who’s throwing him the ball. He easily could have had two long td’s yesterday.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I get it, but at this moment he is easily taken out of the game by opposing defenses. He is not, and never really was, a true #1 Wr. I kinda think if you put a guy like MHJ on this offense Browns production would increase.
That being said he should not get #1 money. But please have a plan to replace him to fill that roll with a true #2.
Also let’s not forget who’s throwing him the ball. He easily could have had two long td’s yesterday.
I think Michael Wilson can more than support a #2 workload if he can stay healthy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Michael Wilson can more than support a #2 workload if he can stay healthy.
Won’t argue that. The kid seems to get open and catches everything that touches his hands.
But I pray they don’t annoint him our #1 Wr. A compliment for him is not currently on this team.

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If the front office is planning on keeping Kyler, I would imagine they would keep Brown as well. They're close and Hollywood was brought here because Kyler wanted him. I personally think with Kyler at QB Brown will look a lot more like a true #1. If we end up trading Hollywood that might actually foreshadow us trading Kyler and potentially starting all over.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the front office is planning on keeping Kyler, I would imagine they would keep Brown as well. They're close and Hollywood was brought here because Kyler wanted him. I personally think with Kyler at QB Brown will look a lot more like a true #1. If we end up trading Hollywood that might actually foreshadow us trading Kyler and potentially starting all over.
If they keep Brown I hope it is because they like him. Not because of KM.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd give him 3yrs/17mill (total) ballpark. If he wants more than that, good luck, we'll take the comp pick.
If that is my position, I'm trying to trade him now to get a similar or one-round higher pick without the comp pick delay.

If we don't trade him, we'd find out how much he really wants to be with Kyler, that is, if even he is our long-term QB.

I don't dislike Hollywood. He's just not worth paying beaucoup money to.

You must be registered for see images attach

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are going back to the business model of the 90s where we continually let our free agents go because they are too expensive, then we can expect to be perpetually talent poor and suck for eons. We are getting all this cap space next year, isn't it there to use?

People want to nitpick and slag Allen and Murphy, like we made some great decision to let them go and are somehow better for it. But they are both NFL starters. And, undoubtedly better than what we have on the roster right now starting in those spots. Ledbetter v Allen? Hamilton/Clark v Murphy?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why are y’all acting like Kyler & Hollywood are father & son? They might be best friends, but I’m sure they understand business is business at the end of the day.
YOu can still be irritated by something even if you understand the logic behind the decision.

Reaction score
I'd give him 3yrs/17mill (total) ballpark. If he wants more than that, good luck, we'll take the comp pick.
If that is my position, I'm trying to trade him now to get a similar or one-round higher pick without the comp pick delay.

If we don't trade him, we'd find out how much he really wants to be with Kyler, that is, if even he is our long-term QB.

I don't dislike Hollywood. He's just not worth paying beaucoup money to.

You must be registered for see images attach

3 years @ 17mil per would be a good contract for HB & closer to what he is worth. Not 17mil total.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3 years @ 17mil per would be a good contract for HB & closer to what he is worth. Not 17mil total.
Worth on the open market? Maybe.
Worth it to our team, I don't believe so.
I get that our team is desperate for talent, but I don't want to pay borderline #1 money for him.

I would go higher than 3/17, that was the ballpark figure as I stated, the opening bid.

If you want to put 7 percent of our cap into a 5'9" WR2 with a questionable hamstring it's your prerogative. I'm simply trying to look ahead and would rather spend it elsewhere.

Remember, we're not flush with the cap next year. We're only going to have a s-medium chunk with a lot of holes to fill. As it stands that's about 1/3rd our cap space next year (without making moves and I believe including the rookies).

I'm not saying I'd be upset with such a signing, I just don't think it's a wise one. Avg 900-1000 yards in a 17-game season isn't worth a mill per game imo. It's been suggested we might be going after taller receivers.

Even now he's had 18 games with us and has 1043 yards. He's a classic number 2 or good number 3 type talent. 17 mill is too rich for that. 10 is fair too, but I'm not starting there.

The reason I'm willing to let him go is that a borderline 1000-yard receiver in a 17-game season receiver is not a guy I devote a big chunk to, not with a rebuild going on.

As I said, I'd rather trade him now than lose him on the open market. It's about knowing our direction. What are we doing with him? What are we doing with Kyler? If we know we're not going to make a serious market-level offer, trade him.

Basically, if we're not willing to pay 17-20 million for him, then we should trade him. Our front office should know that now. Clearly, they're waiting to dole out contracts. A 3rd rounder in the 2024 draft or 17 million per year cap hold? Maybe we can find someone desperate for a playoff run/injury replacement.

We saw this front office balk at rates below what people thought the market was going to be for Murphy and Allen, if that's a trend, I don't know if we'll even offer Hollywood a contract. Both of those guys I feel are more valuable then Hollywood. Maybe Monti and the front office disagree. We thought Allen would get around 17-22 mill, sort of like Hollywood is being projected.

I do really wonder what Monti will spend money on. We've seen a lot of what he won't. We just cut Sanders. We traded Simmons, etc. Label me right now as someone who is skeptical about Monti spending money on many who aren't one of his guys.
Budda is the exception, but also a top-end guy who forced the situation. He may indeed only spend on his guys or top guys. Hollywood is likely neither. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard