What is the plan?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Again, if they pass on Hunter for White, especially after having already arranged to acquire a veteran point guard...

:barf:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha! Aron Holiday being named PG by Wolfe on the show. They aren't sure the reports are true, either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha! Aron Holiday being named PG by Wolfe on the show. They aren't sure the reports are true, either.

Perhaps smoothing over the earlier report about Aaron Holiday.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Total guess, but I think the PG we are trading for is Lonzo.

My guess is he has made it clear to New Orleans he isn't going to be happy there - and they can draft a pg with 4 and still have Jrue.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Total guess, but I think the PG we are trading for is Lonzo.

My guess is he has made it clear to New Orleans he isn't going to be happy there - and they can draft a pg with 4 and still have Jrue.

#6 for Lonzo? Or do we dump off JJ ?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just terrible. They should never do anything like that for a PG that can't shoot to save his life.

It's not as bad as you'd think. Sure, he shoots quite poorly but he misses a lot of games so it's not like he'll be killing us out there every night.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are conflicting reports. One report says they are aggressively pursuing him and another says they have no interest. Sound like Gambo from one day to the next.

I simply do not get the rumor. It would have made more sense if the Suns were pursuing Jrue Holiday.

If the media is going to speculate... think big. :p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I simply do not get the rumor. It would have made more sense if the Suns were pursuing Jrue Holiday.

If the media is going to speculate... think big. :p

I get the rumor. First off, it's possible that it's true although I hope not. Secondly, every fan, every "reporter", every player, every team and every agent knows we desperately need a point guard so our name is going to be tied to every point guard that is potentially on the block.

There is one other long shot possibility that crossed my mind although it falls in the "rumor might be true" camp. But what if Jrue has made it clear he wants to play with a real contender but he'd accept playing in Phoenix if his youngest brother was there as his understudy?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the rumor. First off, it's possible that it's true although I hope not. Secondly, every fan, every "reporter", every player, every team and every agent knows we desperately need a point guard so our name is going to be tied to every point guard that is potentially on the block.

There is one other long shot possibility that crossed my mind although it falls in the "rumor might be true" camp. But what if Jrue has made it clear he wants to play with a real contender but he'd accept playing in Phoenix if his youngest brother was there as his understudy?

Well... then the Suns trade for Aaron Holiday.

I have no idea what the Suns would have to give up for Jrue but it would have to include #6 and much more.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a different era, today he'd be just another Rubio - until he improved his shot from the 3 point line.

Rubio doesn't shoot 40% from the FT line and avoid driving the lane for fear of being fouled. That awful shooting from the stripe indicates it's not just a small sample size but a sign of an overall problem. He needs to overhaul his shooting mechanics entirely and since he's been in the league 2 years already I would think if he was going to overhaul his shot then he would have already.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... then the Suns trade for Aaron Holiday.

I have no idea what the Suns would have to give up for Jrue but it would have to include #6 and much more.

I'd offer the 6, JJ and Melton or Okobo but no more. And if it's not enough, then it's not enough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubio doesn't shoot 40% from the FT line and avoid driving the lane for fear of being fouled. That awful shooting from the stripe indicates it's not just a small sample size but a sign of an overall problem. He needs to overhaul his shooting mechanics entirely and since he's been in the league 2 years already I would think if he was going to overhaul his shot then he would have already.

I think you missed something in the conversation. That was about Kidd not Ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson