What is the plan?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. That is the most logical choice for this off-season. AD wants out and Jrue wants out.

Tyler Johnson, TJ Warren, and maybe the Bucks pick for Jrue. Everyone wins. NO gets a young SF (they are very thin in the SF dept) to go alongside Zion. Plus, they get a combo guard to play with Elfrid.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup. That is the most logical choice for this off-season. AD wants out and Jrue wants out.

Tyler Johnson, TJ Warren, and maybe the Bucks pick for Jrue. Everyone wins. NO gets a young SF (they are very thin in the SF dept) to go alongside Zion. Plus, they get a combo guard to play with Elfrid.

Not enough in my opinion.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Include their own pick if need be. Holiday is exactly what the Suns need. Jackson should be made available to them as well. If they give NOLA their own pick, then NOLA needs to take on more in salary so the Suns can have enough space to pursue a PF in free agency.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Probably next year's number one would work. Likely we will have a lottery pick again. We are in the Western Conference.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is probably an unpopular idea but you have to trade something to get something.

What about Johnson, Bridges, Suns number 6 for Jrue Holiday. The Bucks pick could be added if necessary.

Have to give something to get something.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is probably an unpopular idea but you have to trade something to get something.

What about Johnson, Bridges, Suns number 6 for Jrue Holiday. The Bucks pick could be added if necessary.

I think the deal could get done without including bridges. Some combination of Warren, Jackson, Johnson, #6, bucks pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the deal could get done without including bridges. Some combination of Warren, Jackson, Johnson, #6, bucks pick.

Of course if the trade can be made without Bridges all the better.

I didn't think some of the other choices were that exciting without him.

Maybe Johnson, Jackson, #6 and a protected 2021-22 pick gets it done.

I'm liking the latter option best.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I simply wouldn't do the deal if it had to include Bridges. I wouldn't do the deal straight up if it was Bridges for Holiday. Holiday will be limping into retirement right around the time that Mikal starts making the All Defense team, I'd be expecting a young star in return if I was going to trade Bridges.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It probably isn't unpopular with a lot of fans here but yeah, for me, it's about as unpopular of a trade as I can think of. I think defense is typically overrated but we've undervalued it throughout the years and Bridges gives me hope that it won't always be so. I'm looking forward to watching him become a complete player and if I have to choose a third player on this team that should be untouchable, it's him right behind Booker and Ayton. I like Oubre a lot but not if it makes Mikal disposable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I simply wouldn't do the deal if it had to include Bridges. I wouldn't do the deal straight up if it was Bridges for Holiday. Holiday will be limping into retirement right around the time that Mikal starts making the All Defense team, I'd be expecting a young star in return if I was going to trade Bridges.

I'd do Johnson and Bridges for Jrue if that were possible. It makes the Suns a player in free agency for years to come.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then what about my second idea: Johnson, Jackson, #6 and a protected 2021-22 pick.

Would this get it done and would anyone do it?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Then what about my second idea: Johnson, Jackson, #6 and a protected 2021-22 pick.

If the pels are truly rebuilding, it's a pretty fair deal. Big expiring contract, young player, and draft picks are usually things rebuilding teams are looking for

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If you take out Johnson they probably do it. New Orleans has no reason not take take advantage of any team trading for Jrue. He’s a great player to pair with Zion and hasn’t given any indication of wanting out.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They won't want Jackson. I am thinking the sixth, Milwaukee, Bridges, maybe TJ. Guys on the level of Holiday are usually 3 to 4 players for one. Whether that's picks, players, or combination of both. Teams don't take your problem players in exchange for a really good player. It doesn't matter how little you want to give up to get a good player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you take out Johnson they probably do it. New Orleans has no reason not take take advantage of any team trading for Jrue. He’s a great player to pair with Zion and hasn’t given any indication of wanting out.

Warren and Jackson do not provide enough salary to make the trade work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the pels are truly rebuilding, it's a pretty fair deal. Big expiring contract, young player, and draft picks are usually things rebuilding teams are looking for

I think it would be an attractive trade for Holiday (Johnson, Jackson, #6 and a protected 2021-22 pick) especially since Johnson is an expiring contract.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I think it would be an attractive trade especially since Johnson is an expiring contract.

Exactly and jj's contract isn't long either. It's basically a free look at a young player and gain assets while they reach the league minimum (which is what rebuilding teams are trying to do)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They won't want Jackson. I am thinking the sixth, Milwaukee, Bridges, maybe TJ. Guys on the level of Holiday are usually 3 to 4 players for one. Whether that's picks, players, or combination of both. Teams don't take your problem players in exchange for a really good player. It doesn't matter how little you want to give up to get a good player.
Tyler has to be part of the deal just to make salaries work.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm curious, what level do you think he's on?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm curious, what level do you think he's on?
Arguably best available trade option offered up so far on the market by NBA pundits. Obviously guys like Damian Lillard are off the market. Is that what you are asking?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguably best available trade option offered up so far on the market by NBA pundits. Obviously guys like Damian Lillard are off the market. Is that what you are asking?

Well, not exactly. I see some pretty hefty offers for him here and I'm beginning to suspect he's considered to be on a much higher tier than I would put him. He's really a very mediocre PG (as in, lower tier) when you consider traditional responsibilities on offense for a lead guard. He's an excellent on ball defender and can easily cover either guard spot but really, he's better off as a shooting guard despite the fact that he's a very average shooter.

Would he pair well with Booker, almost definitely. But you throw in his contract (27 Mil for 3 more seasons), his age and his injury history and I don't think he's quite the solution some expect him to be. At the right price, he's a great target but even in a soft draft year I think the 6 pick is more than fair compensation for him (salary balancing notwithstanding).