What is our identity?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. It all starts with the Head Coach who enables this entire team.
Meh. Kyler demands things of this organization all of the time.

Do you feel like if he demanded less vet days off, would they tell him no.

If he demanded to play in the preseason, would they tell him no.

If demanded more situational work, would they tell him no?

If he demanded to be coached harder and wore all of the blame, do you think anyone would stop him?

If he wanted more input in the scripted plays at the beginning of the game, would they tell him no?

I don't know that he should HAVE to demand all of these things, but the organization has catered and caved to his every other demand, why would any of these requests be any different? If Kyler wanted any of this, he would get it. He just doesn't which is why I said what I said.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If he demanded to be coached harder and wore all of the blame, do you think anyone would stop him?

If he wanted more input in the scripted plays at the beginning of the game, would they tell him no?

I don't know that he should HAVE to demand all of these things, but the organization has catered and caved to his every other demand, why would any of these requests be any different? If Kyler wanted any of this, he would get it. He just doesn't which is why I said what I said.
So, what I’m getting from here is that you believe Kliff is a glorified cheerleader & has no authority whatsoever?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. It all starts with the Head Coach who enables this entire team.
Ehhh only to a point these are still highly paid professionals. Staying laser focused and being accountable should be of priority to them as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So, what I’m getting from here is that you believe Kliff is a glorified cheerleader & has no authority whatsoever?
I feel like Kliff enables everything which is one reason we are in the position we are in. That being said, if Kyler wanted pretty much anything, Kliff's enabling would give it to him. So, Kyler has more authority and power because Kliff doesn't use his with Kyler. You can call it being a cheerleader and I won't disagree. But being an enabler is two sided and we are just seeing that bad side of it.

EDIT: This is why I agree with those who say the Kliff and Kyler dynamic is dysfunctional. Kliff doesn't demand of Kyler and Kyler doesn't demand of Kliff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think a strong coach would change that. I think because kliff is not a strong coach it created a leadership vacuum. In a leadership vacuum the most powerful individual typically takes control. In this case kyler is the most powerful (note I am deliberately not saying the “best leader”). So I think it’s a two level failure. Kliffs failure allows kyler to take control, and in turn, fail himself.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's a riddle for sure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This team really has no identity.

Not a running team

Not a stretch field team.

Not a timing west coast team.

Not a dominant defensive team.

There’s only one player on this team that scares opposing teams. It’s kyler. But it’s not his arm that scares teams. It’s his legs. And he really doesn’t want to use those. And kliff wot make him. So he’s essentially neutered our most effective weapon.

This could be the saddest (not worst) cardinals team I can ever recall. It’s just thoroughly “meh.” The Arizona Meh-dinals - #birdci-whybother

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team really has no identity.

Not a running team

Not a stretch field team.

Not a timing west coast team.

Not a dominant defensive team.

There’s only one player on this team that scares opposing teams. It’s kyler. But it’s not his arm that scares teams. It’s his legs. And he really doesn’t want to use those. And kliff wot make him. So he’s essentially neutered our most effective weapon.

This could be the saddest (not worst) cardinals team I can ever recall. It’s just thoroughly “meh.” The Arizona Meh-dinals - #birdci-whybother
Yeah… it’s one of the old 5-11 teams. But the alarming difference is those teams were always QB’d by the Kent Grahams and Chandlers where we all believed if we just had a QB everything can change!

Well, we’re now certainly paying our QB as if he’s one of those… but it’s looking a lot like Duckjake’s famous 5-11 with ‘em, 5-11 without ‘em is gonna hold serve.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the college game, I keep seeing the initials RPO (Run-Pass Option). Cardinals need some of this in their play calling.

Their offense is so vanilla.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yeah… it’s one of the old 5-11 teams. But the alarming difference is those teams were always QB’d by the Kent Grahams and Chandlers where we all believed if we just had a QB everything can change!

Well, we’re now certainly paying our QB as if he’s one of those… but it’s looking a lot like Duckjake’s famous 5-11 with ‘em, 5-11 without ‘em is gonna hold serve.
But there's an extra game now, so is it 5-12 with 'em, 5-12 without 'em, or 6-11 with 'em, 6-11 without 'em?? These are the important things for us to be deciding on right now given how the season is going!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave