Welcome to 1997 and a top 5 pick.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That's what we're looking at with this year's Cardinals team. They have a bad HC in Wilkes(yes, he's going to be a failure) and a young QB in Rosen(Plummer).

Rosen will give us hope but the Cards are in for a big down cycle.

It's sad just 2 years ago the Cards had as talented roster as anybody in the league. Now they're garbage. Fitz is on his last legs and DJ can only do so much.

Wilks was a bad hire and the offense has no explosiveness. Mike McCoy is a horrible HC and OC. Maybe I was spoiled by BA's always attack offense but this Sam Bradford dink dunk don't throw the ball downfield offense is awful.

I haven't posted much because I thought this would be the case but the Cards aren't winning 5 games this year.

Try and name one area of the football team where the Cards are better than they were last year, or the past 3 years. You can't.

Calais Campbell, John Brown, DJ Swearinger et al, all look like solid players on good teams. What did the Cards do with that saved money? Give it to Sam Bradford?????

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's what we're looking at with this year's Cardinals team. They have a bad HC in Wilkes(yes, he's going to be a failure) and a young QB in Rosen(Plummer).

Rosen will give us hope but the Cards are in for a big down cycle.

It's sad just 2 years ago the Cards had as talented roster as anybody in the league. Now they're garbage. Fitz is on his last legs and DJ can only do so much.

Wilks was a bad hire and the offense has no explosiveness. Mike McCoy is a horrible HC and OC. Maybe I was spoiled by BA's always attack offense but this Sam Bradford dink dunk don't throw the ball downfield offense is awful.

I haven't posted much because I thought this would be the case but the Cards aren't winning 5 games this year.

Try and name one area of the football team where the Cards are better than they were last year, or the past 3 years. You can't.

Calais Campbell, John Brown, DJ Swearinger et al, all look like solid players on good teams. What did the Cards do with that saved money? Give it to Sam Bradford?????

Couldn't pay CC the Jags over paid like crazy and John Brown was always hurt and I think he's even hurt now.

Should of kept Swearinger in my opinion

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Most of the problems attributed to this team is on Keim. He should’ve been fired on his DUI. His inability to fill roster spots along with bad drafting has regressed this team. Belichick couldnt even make this team successful with its lack of talent. I don’t blame Wilks yet because he’s doing the best he could with this lack of talent.

Come on, safties at LB’s, no instinct undersized linebackers, unable to fill cb2 for years, bad first round and second round picks, it just go on and on.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
They could've paid CC. I agree he was expensive but what did the Cards use that money for????? John Brown has been reportedly great all year/off season with the Ravens. We'll see on him but he had a TD today.

I know there is turnover but the Cards have done zilch with the saved money. Justin Pugh and Gresham??

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Most of the problems attributed to this team is on Keim. He should’ve been fired on his DUI. His inability to fill roster spots along with bad drafting has regressed this team. Belichick couldnt even make this team successful with its lack of talent. I don’t blame Wilks yet because he’s doing the best he could with this lack of talent.

Come on, safties at LB’s, no instinct undersized linebackers, unable to fill cb2 for years, bad first round and second round picks, it just go on and on.
Agree. A lot of this is on Keim, and I like Keim. Until he gave Bradford 20 mill.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
What's clear: When they play the 4-3 Nickle look- Bynes and Buc as the LBs

They are just too light to stop the run. two d tackles, Chandler Jones who you don't want taking on OTs in the run game, and with Buc -- 6 defensive backs.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never thought I’d see a worse Cardinal team than what McGinnis put on the field, but this is very, very close. Fitz may retire after the game.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am skeptical about the Wilks hire and have been since the beginning but have kept my mouth shut on that subject. I just have the awful suspicion he is more talk than substance, probably doesn’t help that I have never been a Ron Rivera fan either. I am going to remain skeptical until he shows different but it isn’t starting off great that is for sure.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shane and Bucky are correct. Everyone knows this is going to be a down year for us. Don't add whining to it as if you're amazed and more intelligent than the coaches.

And of course we had to give Bradford the money. We didn't have Rosen at the time, unless you love the idea of Glennon running the team.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't/didn't have an issue with Bradford. He was worth the flyer because yeah we didn't have Rosen at the time.

My issue is the overwhelming majority of the rest of our draft picks and roster moves over the last 4 years.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the worst roster we've had since the McGinnis era. Few gems but the rest are mediocre to bad NFL players.

Blame belongs on our boozy GM.

It looks like a McGinnis coached team. I think the Redskins know the Cards playbook better than the Cards do. If they lay many more eggs like this throughout the year and Mike B will need to think about totally cleaning house if he wants to win.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I don't/didn't have an issue with Bradford. He was worth the flyer because yeah we didn't have Rosen at the time.

My issue is the overwhelming majority of the rest of our draft picks and roster moves over the last 4 years.
There was absolutely no reason to sign Bradford. It was the most panned move of the off season. And, rightfully so.
He’s injured hot garbage and everyone knew it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It looks like a McGinnis coached team. I think the Redskins know the Cards playbook better than the Cards do. If they lay many more eggs like this throughout the year and Mike B will need to think about totally cleaning house if he wants to win.
Our linebackers are Deone Bucannon and Josh Bynes. Half our starting secondary was picked up off the scrap heap a couple months ago.

Talk to the wino sitting next to the owner.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Our linebackers are Deone Bucannon and Josh Bynes. Half our starting secondary was picked up off the scrap heap a couple months ago.

They’d be better off playing Hodges & Bynes together in nickle.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yeah, I was thinking that would be a good place to start. I was never on the fire Keim before but he needs to be held accountable for what's on the field. I like that he hasn't locked the team into type of long term dead weight contracts the way his predecessor did. However this coaching staff and talent on the field leaves a lot to be desired.

I personally would have been fine with firing him over the DUI.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
There was absolutely no reason to sign Bradford. It was the most panned move of the off season. And, rightfully so.
He’s injured hot garbage and everyone knew it.
Yep I’ve been saying the same Jim since the signing! He mentally doesn’t have it imo.

Most throws he’s been bailing out & more concerned about getting hit in he’s legs than standing in the pocket, throwing & taking the hit. You can’t play QB in the NFL at a high level that way imo. We’ve had some tough SOBs playing QB for us & Sammy checkdown isn’t one of them.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
It's the NFL, a league of parity where a lot can happen. But, I don't think there was a universe where this offense would be exciting, or this D could stop the run. LB's are too light and get washed out. Gone are the days of No Risk it No Biscuit, and the Todd Bowles defense that gave up very few run yards. We're not only going to be bad, we're going to be boring.

I've been ready for 2019 since we signed Bradford. I became excited for 2019 when we drafted Rosen. Now I just need to slog through 15 more games...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO it's too soon to declare Wilkes' defense a failure. While there are talent holes in the front seven, his scheme works, and IMO the D will get better and more "zeroed in" as the season goes on.

The offense is a disaster and i'm not surprised. Just not near enough weapons to go to and force defenses to pick their poison, so to speak.