Welcome to 1997 and a top 5 pick.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now BA and Palmer are gone and this is a new coach with a whole new system and schemes. We're running a 4-3 without 4-3 players for Christ sakes

Welcome to reality

Indeed.

No, sorry about that little sarcasm, Finito. You are right that they have changed the system, but it’s certainly not limited to the cable companies lining them up in a different alignment than last year (didn’t they actually show it with five defensive backs?). The difference in scheme is about gap containment, coverage techniques, blitz packages and the likes. I know I have been beating this drum for some time but in my mind it matters when criticizing the performance since it might chance some people’s perspective, and just that it’s not really fair to criticize people for something they haven’t done. In the last preseason game they were in their nickel defense (which is not a 4-3-alignement) the entire game, and again yesterday they were in nickel defense the vast majority of the time.

Again, it has absolutely no relevance that some say they have switched the basic lineup.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where is the evidence supporting this statement? Because it didn’t look like that defense worked today, and he was a coordinator for all of one season and overseen by a defensive head coach.
True, just one season with the DC title. However he was a coach in that proven Carolina system for the last six years, including working very closely with Rivera the last couple years as an asst HC. Doesn't mean he's a good HC but it means he knows what works on defense and how to implement it. Not sure why he'd come to AZ and decide to go in a completely different direction.

I see your defense getting better this season if the players buy in. Then there's the whole 3-4 to 4-3 transition which can be tough to do in one off season in terms of personnel.

I'm not making excuses either. As a Rams fan i'd rather he runs your franchise into the ground. I just think it's too soon to judge, and he does come from a solid and proven defensive system.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I whined/complained, whatever you want to call it, about Bradford the minute it was announced they signed him.
If that makes me smarter than the guys who signed him, so be it. He has been garbage his whole career.

He was, by far, the worst off season move in the league. I don’t care if they had Rosen, or not.

In fact, now that they have Rosen, play him. That will be the only reason to watch this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True, just one season with the DC title. However he was a coach in that proven Carolina system for the last six years, including working very closely with Rivera the last couple years as an asst HC. Doesn't mean he's a good HC but it means he knows what works on defense and how to implement it. Not sure why he'd come to AZ and decide to go in a completely different direction.

I see your defense getting better this season if the players buy in. Then there's the whole 3-4 to 4-3 transition which can be tough to do in one off season in terms of personnel.

I'm not making excuses either. As a Rams fan i'd rather he runs your franchise into the ground. I just think it's too soon to judge, and he does come from a solid and proven defensive system.
He comes from system with kuechly and Davis. We not only don’t have those guys, we have crap for LBs.

Reaction score
There was absolutely no reason to sign Bradford. It was the most panned move of the off season. And, rightfully so.
He’s injured hot garbage and everyone knew it.

Injured I'll give you but he's not hot garbage. This is last years game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t think Keim will be that dumb to pass on Bosa or Oliver if they’re on the board.

If he’s still here, that is.
Don't forget Keim allegedly had Hassan Reddick #3 on his board last year, a project LB. Keim has been the best GM we've ever had in my lifetime, but it's hard to argue his drafts have been better than suspect of late.

I've defended Keim quite a bit the last couple years, but after he gave Bradford $20M I've lost faith in him. I will admit though....you fire him and you may be taking a step backwards. You know, like when people wanted Arians gone and now we're stuck with Wilkes? I get that Arians retired, but some fans were tired of his antics and wanted him gone whether he retired or not. Part of me is scared we hire the GM version of Wilkes when Keim leaves, and we revert back to the old Cards. Hopefully Bidwill makes the right call either way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Getting shredded with your own gameplan for season, is a major b slap.

Also, I understand the d got abused but only putting up 6pts in the nfl is a sin.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I get some of the frustration and have had my issues all along but damn...... They call today Overreaction Monday for a reason.

Let's give them the first quarter of the season. Once we are 1-3 or 1-4..... Then we can all abandon ship.

Cool?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Keim was just given a 4 (iirc) year extension -- he isnt going anywhere this offseason unless he gets another dui

my hope is this: he has learned from his "swing for the fences" approach. This past draft was basically big school guys with productivity at that level, playing the position they did in school -- waiting until round 4 to gamble on a small school guy.

the Bradford thing will fix itself by this offseason

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get some of the frustration and have had my issues all along but damn...... They call today Overreaction Monday for a reason.

Let's give them the first quarter of the season. Once we are 1-3 or 1-4..... Then we can all abandon ship.

Cool?
I don’t get these posts. Fans aren’t allowed to dissect the failures of the team after watching them play an actual regular season game? Fans aren’t allowed to hypothesize on what they project for a team after watching an actual regular season game? What’s the point of your post?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t get these posts. Fans aren’t allowed to dissect the failures of the team after watching them play an actual regular season game? Fans aren’t allowed to hypothesize on what they project for a team after watching an actual regular season game? What’s the point of your post?

It's just gets out of hand here. It's like certian people just lose complete perspective the second this team loses. It's fire everybody, this team quit, this guy sucks.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's just gets out of hand here. It's like certian people just lose complete perspective the second this team loses. It's fire everybody, this team quit, this guy sucks.
Imo I think it’s very hard to not freak out because of how the team looked in the 1st game of the season.

There were really no positives from yesterday. This team got destroyed on offense & defense and really showed no signs of life yesterday. Simply destroyed, overmatched & kicked in the teeth for basically 60 mins. 24-6 wasn’t even indicative of how bad the Cards played, it felt & looked like 48-0

That’s very alarming especially when it’s a new HC, staff, many new players & opening day of a new season. Coaches can lose a team & its players very fast if what they are teaching isn’t producing results & wins. Doubt creeps in the mind the longer bad play continues.

Imo it’s very important to play much much better against the Lambs this week!!!

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Please find the posts that actually say this.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Are you really being serious.

Lol
Yes. This is bullying straw man nonsense. The cards get blown out at home on opening day against a pretty middling Washington team and fans are PISSED. But no one is saying that anyone should be fired or the team quit.

We’ve had plenty of evidence that Deone Bucannon sucks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. This is bullying straw man nonsense. The cards get blown out at home on opening day against a pretty middling Washington team and fans are PISSED. But no one is saying that anyone should be fired or the team quit.

We’ve had plenty of evidence that Deone Bucannon sucks.

No this is not bullying if you think it is then that pretty much shows me what kind of a man you are. Take that how you want it.

You can go look up anyone of the game day threads from last season the term "quit" was used regulary. SK job is being called for in numerous threads today let alone the last few years.

We must be on two different message boards. Honestly I don't even know what to say

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No this is not bullying if you think it is then that pretty much shows me what kind of a man you are. Take that how you want it.

You can go look up anyone of the game day threads from last season the term "quit" was used regulary. SK job is being called for in numerous threads today let alone the last few years.

We must be on two different message boards. Honestly I don't even know what to say

I don’t read the game day threads. There’s nothing in those for me.

I see people saying that Keim has done a bad job and In danger of losing his job this season (which is an opinion I disagree with), but no one calling for heads right now.

Again, you’re quote is “fire everybody” and “this team quit.” Haven’t seen that today.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn't see any "fire everyone" threads, but people wanting SK to go away is not an overreaction to one game, many have thought he has done a crappy job for years and have been advocating it long before this game.

Personally I'll be ready for Bradford to sh*t or get off the pot within the next 3 to 6 games. I love how everyone acts like every rookie QB sits and develops for years on the bench. That happens when your team has the luxury of sitting them behind a behind a Favre or a Brady. Do you think Rodgers would have not been at this point in his career now had he started game 6 of his first year? Sure, he was probably better on his first start 3 years in riding the bench than had it been 6 games, but one could argue he might get to his peak sooner if he played sooner. It's not like we haven't seen 1st round rooks be successful lately.

If Bradford isn't cutting it I don't want to go into next year with an unknown on Rosen because we could just be screwed for another year. Unless Bradford is doing well this year we have to see Rosen and with enough games left in the season for him to get his legs under him. That way if Rosen is looking shaky we can at least try to have a contingency plan there also. This next draft could be solid for QBs. One that I am following closely is Haskins. If he continues to perform as well as he did a redshirt freshman and so far as the starter he might declare after this season and will be a top 3 drafted QB. Great arm, laser accuracy, ideal pro build.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think I’m hardly the type to overreact. I’m excited to see what Rosen will bring but this team will struggle mightily with Bradford at QB and I’ve said that all along.

They got a huge break when Rosen fell in their laps. But I’m not very enamorred with the OC working with him.

Reaction score
Imo I think it’s very hard to not freak out because of how the team looked in the 1st game of the season.

There were really no positives from yesterday. This team got destroyed on offense & defense and really showed no signs of life yesterday. Simply destroyed, overmatched & kicked in the teeth for basically 60 mins. 24-6 wasn’t even indicative of how bad the Cards played, it felt & looked like 48-0

That’s very alarming especially when it’s a new HC, staff, many new players & opening day of a new season. Coaches can lose a team & its players very fast if what they are teaching isn’t producing results & wins. Doubt creeps in the mind the longer bad play continues.

Why? Most of you were saying this team was going to suck before the season started. Once it does & they do the same people go off the rails like it's a surprise.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you want Keim gone, it isn't just because of the game against Washington. It is because of the draft picks that he has botched, and his DUI.

If you want Bradford gone, it is because you saw on Sunday what he has been for years.

If you want McCoy gone, it is because of his history as an offensive coordinator and that was reflected yesterday.

None of these are shocking revelations. These are reactions to fears or beliefs we have had prior to the season which were confirmed on Sunday.

Look, we are stuck with this group for the next 16 weeks. But when your QB is a retread, your OC is a retread, your GM was on thin ice prior to week 1, and then you stink up the joint, you have to start mentally preparing for what happens if this team goes 4-12.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you want Keim gone, it isn't just because of the game against Washington. It is because of the draft picks that he has botched, and his DUI.

If you want Bradford gone, it is because you saw on Sunday what he has been for years.

If you want McCoy gone, it is because of his history as an offensive coordinator and that was reflected yesterday.

None of these are shocking revelations. These are reactions to fears or beliefs we have had prior to the season which were confirmed on Sunday.

Look, we are stuck with this group for the next 16 weeks. But when your QB is a retread, your OC is a retread, your GM was on thin ice prior to week 1, and then you stink up the joint, you have to start mentally preparing for what happens if this team goes 4-12.

+1

Not to mention dashed hopes and a deep hurt...

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Great Post Bucky. My thoughts exactly.